Dangerously Chloe 21-03-19 Beyond Human

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 21-03-19 Beyond Human

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! As Chloe further explains Teddy's condition, she gives Naomi the key to his slave collar but Naomi doesn't think she deserves it.

Fluffy

Re: Dangerously Chloe 21-03-19 Beyond Human

Post by Fluffy »

'I'm not his girlfriend; you are!'

...oh, bullsh*t! :-Q

And that's all I got to say about this joke of an update.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Yeah, Chloe wasn't the one that broke the contract.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

This is... a plot twist? Chloe doesn't seem to happy about the idea.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

"The forum seems to be relatively accepting of Naomi as Teddy's girlfriend.

Let's make it Chloe instead! And fuck with everything that had been established up to that point!"

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

BioYuGi wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:04 am
"The forum seems to be relatively accepting of Naomi as Teddy's girlfriend.
Not really. It basically amounted to: 'I went through a bunch of weird stuff to. Wanna hook up?'

It was gonna seem rushed no matter which one he choose.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Naomi will probably go into a whole spiel about the sacrifices Teddy made in order to save Chloe's life; proving he really loves her.

Because nothing says 'I love Chloe! like Teddy whoring himself out to high school jocks, making the girlfriends of said jock into his own personal harem/body guards and injecting himself with supernatural blood - at personal risk to his own health; without discussing any of these plans with Chloe, first.

Because, who cares what Chloe would have thought about any of these things. Nope, her thoughts/feeling don't matter for beans - it's only Teddy's personal 'sacrifices' that matters.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Riiiiiiight. Chloe is Teddy's "girlfriend."
Before getting to that little topic, I also take issue with Chloe declaring removing the collar is "saying good-bye forever to the sweet boy we knew." Has she been living under a rock? Well, actually... Aha, banishment to off panel land notwithstanding, Chloe had discovered quite a number of the heinous activities Teddi/y undertook "for her sake," so she should clearly know that the *sweet boy* was long gone well before this latest mutation occurred.

Back to the headline topic - I thought, well, to be honest, others thought that maybe Teddy's sudden devotion to Chloe, in regards to sieging Hell for her sake, were Chloe's own feelings for him echoing back because of their shared blood, but now we are meant to believe Teddy "loved" Chloe this whole time? Actions speak louder than words, and his actions showed someone with a hero complex who got lost horribly along the way at best and a whoring hedonist at almost worst; but even if we just go by words, when has Teddy ever expressed any words that show a romantic attachment to Chloe? Perhaps there would be one or two examples people could cite to me, yet the fact I cannot remember them show how little impact those words had.

Any other pertinent point I could make has already been covered by Fluffy (being late to the update does have benefits after all).

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Just because it's a work of fiction, that doesn't mean you have to flat-out lie.
**== **== **== **==

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

The sweet boy is gone because of Chloe.

But, yeah, the curse ended with Naomi being Teddy's girlfriend, however I can see how Naomi considers Chloe, Teddy's real girlfriend.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:51 am
The sweet boy is gone because of Chloe.

But, yeah, the curse ended with Naomi being Teddy's girlfriend, however I can see how Naomi considers Chloe, Teddy's real girlfriend.
No, a sweet boy is gone because said sweet boy did something criminal at the very beginning of the story (sneaking into a museum after hours to have a better look at a mechanical duck); which ended up causing him to inadvertently make a deal with the devil (because - guess what? He would rather sell his soul for a girlfriend than to be caught trespassing).

All of this nonsense that happened in Teddy's life is not due to Chloe (she didn't get a say in the contract; she was thrown into it, just as much as Teddy was) - it's due to Teddy's own reckless stupidity that brought Chloe into his life in the first place, making his own life a chaotic Hell, as a result.

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

bulls**t.
Just Bullsh*t.

Chloe is not his girlfriend. He may or may not like her. same way he may or may not like Naomi. Except that he actually declared and accepted Naomi.
I still swear that Chloe is more like, and is better as, his "awkward idiot big sister" character. (except for the whole sexual nature of it all-which was not actually her control persay).

I can't even deal with that right now in my head. Of all the people who would say that.
I could've accepted "I don't think he actually likes me" or something else.
but not that statement.

Naomi is a decent character though. I honestly want her to GTF away from all of that situation. That whole group is the definition of "toxic love" *spoken in the Fern gully soundtrack style* They all, individually, incidentally worked together to ruin everyone involved's life (except I guess Alchemy).
Alchemy and Naomi I feel like are the only one who haven't collectively screwed the god pooch. Though I could easily just be forgetting

But that's just the way I read it. Who knows how others read it. Reading is contextual application of ones own culture I guess.

Mordhaus

Post by Mordhaus »

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite comic on the Internet.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Zellgato wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:35 am
Chloe is not his girlfriend. He may or may not like her. same way he may or may not like Naomi. Except that he actually declared and accepted Naomi.
I still swear that Chloe is more like, and is better as, his "awkward idiot big sister" character. (except for the whole sexual nature of it all-which was not actually her control persay).
Teddy never declared and accepted Naomi. She broke the contract when she wanted to go beyond just another date and I think under normal circumstances they could be a couple as much as they could be under the abnormal ones they find themselves in now.

I agree that Teddy may see Chloe more as a big sister than a girlfriend. Teddy and Teddi have done a lot to save her life and I personally think there was more chemistry with Alchemy throughout this journey. Chloe on the other hand has displayed some jealousy from time to time regarding Teddy and was actually heartbroken when he got a girlfriend.

Naomi is right about Chloe being dumb here, but not because she can't see that Teddy loves her, but that she loves Teddy and maybe we'll find out for sure who Teddy really loves once the collar is removed so don't give up hope just yet.

ven

Post by ven »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:24 am
'I'm not his girlfriend; you are!'

...oh, bullsh*t! :-Q

And that's all I got to say about this joke of an update.
I agree

It's like magic chicks all over again, started with a good idea, over the course of the story some stuff worked, some stuff tanked and at the end, we get something really stupid and annoying.

The last person Teddy should end up with is Chloe, then again the last person Zii should end up with is Didi, the last person anyone should end up with is Matt and...ah this is such a lost cause.