Dangerously Chloe 4-03--19 Teddy Who

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 4-03--19 Teddy Who

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! Some of Teddy's classmates recount their memories of him... or was it her?

Cortez

Re: Dangerously Chloe 4-03--19 Teddy Who

Post by Cortez »

I wonder how much time has passed.

And I see Triana consideres Teddy a girl now, i remember she thought Teddi was faking at first.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Except for that first group, people seem to remember Teddi pretty well (Teddy, maybe not so much)

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Though the way they talk make it seem like Teddy has been gone awhile.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

I'm assuming Triana thinks Chris wants her to wear a sports jersey because Teddi wore one when they screwed around; and not because Chris is into dudes (guess the jersey hides her womanly curves). Hell, I'm surprised she didn't mention his needing her to peg him every time.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Oh, right, these people were in this comic too at some point...

Third and fourth panels kind of give brief reasons for why I found Teddy/i such an abhorrent character, who only became worse. Haha, that girl's boyfriend's orientation is permanently warped because of being used as a sex toy and having his brain repeatedly boiled by pheromones, so she has a "gay" boyfriend now, haha - with their relationship stuck in a unhealthy state for that, as well as because of recurring adultery.
And the other dudes feel obligated to proclaim they have the "not gays" because comedy? (With Naomi seeming awfully judgmental for someone who apparently also have gone through weird gender mutations - point being, you'd think she would be more understanding about the boys' confusion)

Anyway, stepping away from the soap box. I wonder why Naomi is interviewing people about Teddy? Doesn't seem like a particularly significant, if any, time skip forward, so it is odd that she is undertaking detective and/or reporter work. Perhaps she is trying to assess the possible long term damage that Teddy's actions inflicted upon people? Those who had minor to no interactions with him/her, like the library girls and the Ojousama parody, barely noticed Teddy's absence, whereas those who were directly or indirectly affected by Teddy's sexcapades seem to remember him more clearly; the male students apparently have been influenced beyond what would be considered the time limit of succubi pheromones, which could be another factor in Naomi's investigation
Last edited by OllieOrOlly on Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Well it doesn’t appear to be a complete mind wipe if that’s what Teddy did before disappearing.

It also doesn’t appear that he and Naomi are together, but there could be more to all this than it looks.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:59 am
I'm assuming Triana thinks Chris wants her to wear a sports jersey because Teddi wore one when they screwed around; and not because Chris is into dudes (guess the jersey hides her womanly curves). Hell, I'm surprised she didn't mention his needing her to peg him every time.
It just reminded me of a mediocre joke from Scary Movie, in which a girlfriend is convinced to dress in full grid iron gear because boyfriend was gay, but she wasn't aware of this fact, so lulz... But I digress, I think there might be two possibilities - the reason you mentioned of Triana believing Teddi wore a jersey when Chris repeatedly cheated with her/him, or Triana knows he is somehow gay now, but doesn't want to lose the relationship (either from love or simply social status at the school), so she begrudgingly dons a masculine garb to ensure Chris stays with her.

As for your last point, the writers are probably holding that card of *comedic genius* for a bit later. Weary sigh.

I'm loathe to give credit for what is probably done out of time management or laziness, but at least there wasn't a flashback display above the characters' heads.

dmra

Post by dmra »

So the library girls and the rich girl and goons have all appeared before bullying Teddi. http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips-dc/coughslut . Mind you either the two goons have had a growth spurt or their leader seems to have shrunk between the two strips.

And we possibly have a new boy "Tyrell" who looks remarkably like an earlier character but then he was called Trevor http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/stripsdc/Another_Smooch.

tanonev

Post by tanonev »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:04 am
And the other dudes feel obligated to proclaim they have the "not gays" because comedy? (With Naomi seeming awfully judgmental for someone who apparently also have gone through weird gender mutations - point being, you'd think she would be more understanding about the boys' confusion)
One would have hoped that after the Lacy debacle, Dave would have started asking queer folks to review his ideas before going through with them; on the other hand, we could have guessed that that was not going to be the case once the forced gender swap storyline started.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Lacy never did amount to much as a character.

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

tanonev wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:43 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:04 am
One would have hoped that after the Lacy debacle, Dave would have started asking queer folks to review his ideas before going through with them; on the other hand, we could have guessed that that was not going to be the case once the forced gender swap storyline started.
I read it as she could tell he was lying through his teeth and just going with it, rather than her being judgemental.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Naomi lost her boyfriend? :(

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Cortez wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:59 am
Lacy never did amount to much as a character.
She had potential. I'm guessing Dave just backed the hell away from her entirely due to the intense amount of whining that took place over one line. Disappointing, really. I was interested.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

capicoli

Post by capicoli »

Poor Teddy finds the perfect girl for himself and still gets dragged back to the chloe zone.