Dangerously Chloe 21-02-19 Doing God Stuff

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 21-02-19 Doing God Stuff

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! Chloe enters Abby's wrecked Tartarus Academy room and acts to save Sgt. Slash-Stab before Teddy can kill her with his new God powers!

FuzzyFace

Re: Dangerously Chloe 21-02-19 Doing God Stuff

Post by FuzzyFace »

Huh - gods are subject to those collars...? And who would then be in control?

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Cool that they brought back the collar.

And Slash-Stab is an Evil Demon, not sure killing her is a bad thing.
FuzzyFace wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:25 am
Huh - gods are subject to those collars...? And who would then be in control?
I would guess Chloe since she did put it on them.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Seriously!? Chloe is concerned about Slash-Stab's well being? She certainly doesn't have any regard for anyone and lives to torment others. Good riddance.

Perhaps Chloe's actions are based on keeping Teddy's literal god complex from going too far. We'll see.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Good on Chloe for (hopefully) putting an end to Teddy's God complex.

I know Slash Stab is a horrible creature for everything she's done; but that does not give Teddy the right to barge into her dimension, and throw his weight around - dictating how things should be because he doesn't agree with how things played out. He's literally killing her for a contract his sister signed of her own free will - a contract that didn't even turn Abby into a succubus; but unlocked her powers and an option to attend Tartarus U, if she chose to do so. Abby didn't even lose her soul, in the process. But, none of this matters to Teddy, because he never gave Chloe a chance to explain what happened - he just blames Ilsa for everything that went wrong and sees killing her as just punishment.

Hopefully, if that collar has Teddy properly restrained, Chloe takes this opportunity to explain all this nonsense and forces Teddy to accept personal responsibility for his own foolish choices - as those foolish choices played a significant part in how things went so wrong for him/his family.

But, I know I'm hoping for far too much - so am ready to be grossly disappointed.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Haha, Chloe thinks she is still a character that can influence the plot. Sardonicism aside, her concern for Slash-stab is misplaced, but having a conscience is pretty much the main defining trait that she has (which could've given some interesting stories - a demon with a kind heart, yet obligated to do some evil deeds in a manner that fulfills her duty; enable sin but trying not to compromise her morals? That sounds interesting. Oh well).
Even though Chloe has a conscience, caring for Slash-stab seems too far even for her kind heart, thereby there is also the more likely possibility that she wants to "save" Ted from muddying his hands by killing, as well as and arguably more importantly preventing him from indulging in his new powers to the point of no return; it isn't so much the act of murder that she fears him taking, but rather the unethical intent to recreate life that is bent to his will, which would be thorough dark god territory. Thus, Chloe isn't aiming to save the evil Slash-stab, but aiming to save Ted from himself.

As the old mantra goes, "power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely." Although, the Ted's were fairly corrupt already, so I'm not sure if the power is actually a factor here; it is certainly a means to enforce their will, but it seems unlikely to be a contributing element in their pragmatic/callous personality.

Suppose there is confirmation that the dead guys are okay, but still up in the air regarding the other students.
The collar, I think, affects demons, so perhaps with their "evil side," contained, Teddiex the Destroyer will become a more benevolent entity... On a tangent, you'd think what ever ruling powers that be, God, the Devil, or whatever, would have noticed a new god come into existence; maybe they *know* Chloe is doing something so aren't interfering, yet they still seem rather lax in responsibility. Maybe they don't exist at all in this universe...

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

We know that Hecate and Aphrodite do exist in this universe. That doesn't mean that they are aware of new gods emerging. And Charity does keeping talking about G-d, so presumably He does as well (chew on that theology).

But we did see Teddy losing it. Seriously? He was once a pretty decent and caring kid, and now he talks about killing beings for defying his "divine will"?

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

yup. as i thoght this whole spiral of his has be a reaction to loosing any agency in his own life. The only agency he had was the strip club and the sex. So his powers (of both bodies) naturally developed in such a pathway.
and this is just the ultimate expression of his lack of control and brand new power.

I mean it is, partially justifyable rage considering how in less than half a year he went from normal life to broken family, sister who generally sided with anyone other than him, kicked out of his own for fear of his own life. replaced by a friend/potential lover, who his family apparently seems to like more than himself..

So angst is approriate.but the idiot needs to learn to breath and think for a moment.
and certainly needs to get rid of this power in some fashion.

----
given those two are alive in that first panel, i guess the explosion really wasn't enough to do much of.. anything to anything other than the walls.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:43 am
He's literally killing her for a contract his sister signed of her own free will -
That's debatable, since she's a kid and can't legally consent and clearly didn't know what she got herself into.

You can't say Slash-Stab didn't take advantage of her.
her dimension
She's not Lucifer last i check. Though i do wonder where the hell he is* during all this.

*Pun intended.
Zellgato wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:20 am

given those two are alive in that first panel, i guess the explosion really wasn't enough to do much of.. anything to anything other than the walls.

Except those dudes are already dead, remember? They can't get more dead.

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

Chloe, you stupid stupid demon.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I honestly, i wanted Teddy to kill Slash-stab just to see where her soul would go.

And if it's hell, would her former students have Power over her since she would be one of the many souls being punished in hell?

dmra

Post by dmra »

For everybody complaining about Chloe helping Ilsa let's not forget that Chloe is also a succubus. So are her mother and all her friends and Ilsa doesn't seem that different to any other succubus we've seen. So why wouldn't Chloe try to save her life?

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

I fail to see how killing SlashStab is a bad thing. Although it might be that Chloe doesn't want Teddy to be a murderer.

brasca

Post by brasca »

LarsenSan wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:06 pm
I fail to see how killing SlashStab is a bad thing. Although it might be that Chloe doesn't want Teddy to be a murderer.
That's what I think. Chloe is not so much worried about Ilsa's fate, but what Teddy is becoming. Hopefully, she'll teleport them all out of there because I doubt Ilsa will be all that forgiving once she recovers.

meps98

Post by meps98 »

It's difficult to accept that a succubus could be the moral center of the comic strip but that appears where Chloe is right now. I'm sure that she has her own issues with Slash-Stab, however, she is Teacher's Pet and was better treated than most. What ever those issues are, she would not wish Slash-Stab dead.
She knows it is wrong to simply kill her over the contract, particularly when it is clear she underestimated both Teddy's power and resolve. If Teddy would back off, Slash-Stab likely would rush to destroy the contact. As for Abby's signing the contract of her own free will, "free will" is only a theoretical concept for someone of Abby's age and proclivities. Slash-Stab knew exactly what buttons to push, tempting her in such a way that her agreement was a slam dunk. It was so easy, Slash-Stab shouldn't get any credit for it.
I think Chloe's overriding concern here is for Teddy and the need to rein him in before he does something that he SHOULD regret but isn't currently able to realize it. Assuming the collar works, the next question becomes is Chloe able to resist the temptation to wield Teddy's powers for her benefit and can she prevent Slash-Stab from doing the same. If not, send for Naomi.