Dangerously Chloe 7-02-19 A Bad Idea

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 7-02-19 A Bad Idea

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! It seems the time has come for Teddy's "plan" to be put in motion! At Teddi's signal, Charity removes the block keeping the two Teddies apart.

brasca

Re: Dangerously Chloe 7-02-19 A Bad Idea

Post by brasca »

And now it’s time for Teddy to reach final form. Cue dramatic music and anime effects.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Bet the Tedds turn Chloe into a human or Angel.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Whelp, at least we avoided epic levels of squick (for now).

But, seriously - what is going on in panel three? (other than Charity dropping the barrier). That has to be the most awkward (not to mention dumbest and most dangerous) way to keep an eye/ear out for a signal, ever.

Jordan and Ginger = confirmed chuckleheads.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Jordan and Ginger were clearly watching for Teddi's signal, and relayed it to Charity. That's why the one (I cannot tell them apart) was hanging out the window.

What I'm unclear on, though, is that it appears everybody knew the plan... so what the #@$% was Naomi doing?

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

I was about to say, sorry to those expecting more, seems like the ultra creepy black-eyed Ted was harvesting energy in extremely unethical ways only to build up strength to survive an encounter with Chloe, no grander scheme, no alternative entity pulling the strings. Even though Ted should already have enough energy - I mean, it was stated no human could survive an encounter with a virgin succubus, but Ted is an angel/reaper/succubus hybrid, but it still "isn't enough" power? Seems like the proverbial wheel spinning before is even more wasted time in hindsight (other than suddenly having an unbreakable "love" formed between Ted's and Naomi, feels like nothing of relevance happened).

Anyway, with the wings and light show, at first, I thought Teddi was being turned into a supernatural Kamikaze attack, but due to Charity's "barrier off," I guess it is actually indicating that the godhood ritual is being resumed... Again, sort of feels like a lot of wasted time went by, only to now return back to the last actually impactful plot point. Still, suppose this means the divided sleaze will be recombined into one body, though unclear whether it'd be original form, stripper Chloe body, doofus macho bod, or something new.
Otherwise, an acceptable update, pointless stripper characters (feels like there should have been some other character that could have filled the same Paul Revere-like role) notwithstanding and some other issues, but whatever.

brasca

Post by brasca »

FuzzyFace wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:53 am
Jordan and Ginger were clearly watching for Teddi's signal, and relayed it to Charity. That's why the one (I cannot tell them apart) was hanging out the window.

What I'm unclear on, though, is that it appears everybody knew the plan... so what the #@$% was Naomi doing?
Her job... but seriously I think she thought acting on her own would hedge their bets in case the DeCarlos’ plan failed. Hopefully her predicament can be fixed too.

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

So... Incoming God-Birth-Splosion? That'd probably wipe the entire succubus school...

Now we find out if Slash-Stab even cares.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:35 am
Whelp, at least we avoided epic levels of squick (for now).

But, seriously - what is going on in panel three? (other than Charity dropping the barrier). That has to be the most awkward (not to mention dumbest and most dangerous) way to keep an eye/ear out for a signal, ever.

Jordan and Ginger = confirmed chuckleheads.
I'm also not entirely sure what exactly the signal was. Unless the strange glow around Teddi's wings is somehow bright enough to shine like some kind of bat signal out of the window neither Teddy or Teddi is actually shown doing anything that might be seen or heard in another floor of the school.

Oh and when Teddy supernaturally seduced an entire football team into gay sex it was only subconscious so that's all right then.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

dmra wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:25 am

I'm also not entirely sure what exactly the signal was. Unless the strange glow around Teddi's wings is somehow bright enough to shine like some kind of bat signal out of the window neither Teddy or Teddi is actually shown doing anything that might be seen or heard in another floor of the school.
Exactly. Teddi doesn't appear to be shouting; and there's no telling how many floors are between Charity's group and everyone else. (the only confirmed locations is Teddi's group being next door to Chloe's room). So what are the chances that Ginger would be able to see/hear anything?

Speaking of Charity's group - what happened to Charity's playmate? She seems to have flown the coop, entirely.
Oh and when Teddy supernaturally seduced an entire football team into gay sex it was only subconscious so that's all right then.
And when did he even figure that out, anyway? and how does having sex with guys prepare him for having sex with a virgin succubus? (unless incubi also need male essence in order to live, it honestly doesn't make an iota of sense).

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I am looking forward to seeing the look on Slash-Stab's face when she realizes she just made the wrong call.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Or Teddy's surprise when it's revealed what Abby signed away on that contract (we still have yet to find out what that was. Maybe Slash Stab had assumed something was up and arranged a fail safe).

dmra

Post by dmra »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:32 am
Speaking of Charity's group - what happened to Charity's playmate? She seems to have flown the coop, entirely.
That's one of the things I don't like about the way this comic is drawn. Characters seem to appear and disappear as needed without thought to where they were standing in previous strips. The three people attending Abby are the worst example but (as you noted) it's also happened with Charity's conquest and Abby in this strip.http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... ou-like-it.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

I... I have no words. I'm completely at a loss. This comic has short-circuited my mind.

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

....So. Question.
Did I miss some detail somewhere about Chloe being absurdly and astronomically powerful? WHy exacly does Ted need to ascend in order to bed her?
Didn't they state it was basically only humans who would absolutly die? Swear he was told (and another reader mentioned recently) that incubi could survive it, just less than enjoyable.
Also.. subcoinciously prepping. So he just randomly knows that? That seems unlikely.

I'm really thinking Dark Ted is using Chloe as an excuse to gather power. Teddi seems invested in helping but Dark Ted just seems like a power grab.
I hope it ends up being all a damn Ego Trip for Ted. He was a normal idiot, and randomly he became wanted, and then he became the "traget hero/ine" in his own story. And, by all reckoning I have, seems to act more to preserve his own wanted narritive than anything else. Mostly doesn't seem intentional, but it seems to be the driving influence to me, more than any potential romantic inclination for Chloe. Feel like the Dark Ted is just a stronger manifestation of that, wanting all the control, all the power, and wanting his outcome, not anyone else's opinions involved. Light Teddi, acts, thinks, and tends to speak, far more like the original Ted. Original Ted who hadn't dealt with things.

I honestly sort of want Dark Ted to be a driving problem force. ALl his balled up negative emotions or something spawning Dark Ted. Would be a nice way of explaining various oddities.
Though if they did that, it would sort of revert to "angels good devil bad" Which while a norm in concept. The comic is built on a central point of how supernatural creatures are neither really good nor evil. It is more a learned culture thing. So it would seem odd to just make Evil = creating dark ted.