Dangerously Chloe 7-02-19 A Bad Idea

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 7-02-19 A Bad Idea

Post by Gotoh » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:23 pm

dmra wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:30 am
Ash was doing OK when he was fighting Brooke in her human form. Once she switched it didn't go quite so well. Or at least I'm not sure that requiring CPR because you've stopped breathing is doing "alright"
"Alright" as in, he didn't embarrass himself. From what we saw, the fight wasn't short and Ash not only traded blows with Brooke's snake form, he did it unarmed and without any powers. I'd say that's impressive for a human, especially one who's still in training.
dmra wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:30 am
When he came across a proper "monster" it didn't work out that well for him even though he thought he knew what he was doing.
Ash is cocky, but considering who he spars with, I'd say he's earned it.

Besides, Chloe isn't Brooke, nor does she have Brooke's natural talent for fighting. We saw that much when she tried to fight Tandy and Gabrielle.Chloe simply lashed out in blind rage, whereas the AA duo used coordinated attacks and had her dead to rights in no time. Lance didn't seem to have much trouble with her either.

That's a stark contrast to both of Ash's showings, since he defeated the entire Ninja Club single-handedly. I doubt an out of control succubus could be any worse than what he's already dealt with.

dmra
Posts: 767
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 7-02-19 A Bad Idea

Post by dmra » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:00 pm

I'm not trying to say that Ash isn't much more powerful than the average man. I'm just saying that the first time he went into real combat with a proper cryptid he ended up dead. And martial arts skills won't be a lot of help when the person/being attacking you is in close quarters with claws and fangs and has likely been draining your energy all up until that point.

He's probably survive a lot longer than the rest of the jocks Teddi was interviewing combined but on the evidence we've seen in the comics so far he's far from "legendary". Hell (no pun intended) Heracles was strangling snakes while he was still in his crib.

And that doesn't assume he does what Faith did and pick a fight in unfavourable conditions before knocking himself stupid.
http://www.magickchicks.com/strips-mc/M ... your_hands

Zellgato
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:47 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 7-02-19 A Bad Idea

Post by Zellgato » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:12 pm

Here is a random extra question for folks.
cause I dont remember that far back.

When was the first time Ted, in particular Dark Ted form have sex?
isn't he suppose to be an inucubi?
Do incubi not have the same feral first time?

If not, is there a reason they don't but succubi do?
Or is it just stacked experience meant he bypassed that stage?
I don't remember a stack of corpses in his wake anyway.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5839
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 7-02-19 A Bad Idea

Post by Error of Logic » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:11 pm

I think the first time 'Dark' Ted got his rocks off was with Alchemy. After that, he started going to the same jocks who'd been with Teddi pre-ascension.

He probably doesn't count as a pure incubus, so even if incubi do go feral the first few times like succubi do, that may have saved him from leaving a trail of gutted bodies around town.

dmra
Posts: 767
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 7-02-19 A Bad Idea

Post by dmra » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:09 pm

I don't think we've been told anything about incubi except that they don't like having sex with succubi - certainly not virgin ones. Which if they are the same species rather makes you wonder how they ever managed to breed successfully.

Gotoh
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 7-02-19 A Bad Idea

Post by Gotoh » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:38 pm

dmra wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:00 pm
I'm not trying to say that Ash isn't much more powerful than the average man. I'm just saying that the first time he went into real combat with a proper cryptid he ended up dead.
Ash wasn't dead, he blacked out due to asphyxiation. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been possible for Ace to resuscitate him. Besides which, he's still in training. I didn't say he was a professional slayer.
dmra wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:00 am
And that doesn't assume he does what Faith did and pick a fight in unfavourable conditions before knocking himself stupid.
That assumes he'd be fighting indoors.

Incidentally, TCampbell said Faith probably would've won if she hadn't hit her own head. So it's fortunate that she did, 'cuz my other favorite character (Layla) would've been killed.

dmra
Posts: 767
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 7-02-19 A Bad Idea

Post by dmra » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:22 pm

Goliath vs David might have gone very differently had Goliath thought to duck.

I'm simply pointing out that the monster slayers in training aren't as good as they think they are. And there's nothing more dangerous to themselves than somebody who thinks they're a better fighter then they really are.

Faith cracked her own skull because she forget she was in a room with ceilings. Ash was found passed out in a monsters coils after somebody intervened to stop the inevitable from happening.

Both of which were fights they picked and provoked thinking they could easily handle things and it took Melissa shocking Brooke and Tiff sacrificing herself to stop them getting the full consequences of their poor decisions.

So yes, Ash is a lot more powerful that most people and a skilled fighter but nothing we've seen suggests he could survive a frenzied attack by a frenzied succubus he was having sex with. An ordeal even other supernatural beings are loathe to go through.

Gotoh
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 7-02-19 A Bad Idea

Post by Gotoh » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:04 pm

dmra wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:22 pm
I'm simply pointing out that the monster slayers in training aren't as good as they think they are. And there's nothing more dangerous to themselves than somebody who thinks they're a better fighter then they really are.
Hence, why they're still in training.

But their fighting ability isn't the issue, it's their egos and their over eagerness to test themselves in live combat. That may seem foolish, but it serves a practical purpose: it gives them the type of hands-on experience that combat exams and practice drills can't provide. Both Faith and Tiffany have said as much (panel 3 and panel 4). They're gonna have to get their feet wet at some point.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5839
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 7-02-19 A Bad Idea

Post by Error of Logic » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:11 pm

dmra wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:09 pm
I don't think we've been told anything about incubi except that they don't like having sex with succubi - certainly not virgin ones. Which if they are the same species rather makes you wonder how they ever managed to breed successfully.
Maybe they didn't. Maybe they were bred separately for the purpose they serve, by different fiendish overlords who were competing for a grant. *shrug*

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 3831
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 7-02-19 A Bad Idea

Post by brasca » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:49 am

Error of Logic wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:11 pm
dmra wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:09 pm
I don't think we've been told anything about incubi except that they don't like having sex with succubi - certainly not virgin ones. Which if they are the same species rather makes you wonder how they ever managed to breed successfully.
Maybe they didn't. Maybe they were bred separately for the purpose they serve, by different fiendish overlords who were competing for a grant. *shrug*
Perhaps this explains why a species that powerful hasn't overrun the Earth. They're difficult to kill and may not be susceptible to diseases or die of old age so what keeps their numbers low is the extraordinary difficulties of procreation.

Gotoh
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 7-02-19 A Bad Idea

Post by Gotoh » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:15 am

brasca wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:49 am
Perhaps this explains why a species that powerful hasn't overrun the Earth. They're difficult to kill and may not be susceptible to diseases or die of old age so what keeps their numbers low is the extraordinary difficulties of procreation.
Since when are the succubi powerful, or difficult to kill? I don't recall that ever being stated anywhere. :-\

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 3831
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 7-02-19 A Bad Idea

Post by brasca » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:33 am

Gotoh wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:15 am
brasca wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:49 am
Perhaps this explains why a species that powerful hasn't overrun the Earth. They're difficult to kill and may not be susceptible to diseases or die of old age so what keeps their numbers low is the extraordinary difficulties of procreation.
Since when are the succubi powerful, or difficult to kill? I don't recall that ever being stated anywhere. :-\
Chloe put up a good fight against 2 of Artemis Academy’s best hunters and Elsa picked up Teddi by the neck and held her up in the air. They might not be as powerful as vampires, but if their pheromones fail them they aren’t the kind you’d want to tangle with.

Gotoh
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 7-02-19 A Bad Idea

Post by Gotoh » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:38 pm

brasca wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:33 am
Chloe put up a good fight against 2 of Artemis Academy’s best hunters and Elsa picked up Teddi by the neck and held her up in the air. They might not be as powerful as vampires, but if their pheromones fail them they aren’t the kind you’d want to tangle with.
Chloe lost to a pair of trainees and the fight ended quickly. Lance was able to pin Chloe on his own, without any training, and was only slightly winded. So it didn't take much to beat her either time.

Ilsa may be the exception among succubi, just as Faith is an exception among humans, but the succubi in general have never been said, or shown to be powerful. The only time a succubus ever appeared to be threat was during the Doompanties incident, because the panties themselves were a cursed artifact. And despite the enhancements it gave Chloe, Layla still thwarted her twice without much effort.

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 3831
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 7-02-19 A Bad Idea

Post by brasca » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:58 pm

Gotoh wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:38 pm
brasca wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:33 am
Chloe put up a good fight against 2 of Artemis Academy’s best hunters and Elsa picked up Teddi by the neck and held her up in the air. They might not be as powerful as vampires, but if their pheromones fail them they aren’t the kind you’d want to tangle with.
Chloe lost to a pair of trainees and the fight ended quickly. Lance was able to pin Chloe on his own, without any training, and was only slightly winded. So it didn't take much to beat her either time.

Ilsa may be the exception among succubi, just as Faith is an exception among humans, but the succubi in general have never been said, or shown to be powerful. The only time a succubus ever appeared to be threat was during the Doompanties incident, because the panties themselves were a cursed artifact. And despite the enhancements it gave Chloe, Layla still thwarted her twice without much effort.
Yes, because Layla is a vampire. I’m not disputing that. As for the other examples Gabrielle and Tandy are 2 of Artemis’ best students and Chloe isn’t much of a fighter. If she and Abby were accosted by anyone else they might be dead. And wrassling with Lance doesn’t prove anything other than Chloe wanting physical contact with an older version of Teddy. I imagine she had to use all her self control to avoid shape shifting as well as killing Lance. Overall they lack the strength of other cryptids we’ve met, but probably have a lot more endurance. Either way they’re above average when it comes to most humans.

Zellgato
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:47 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 7-02-19 A Bad Idea

Post by Zellgato » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:18 pm

Those links back to Layla and Chloe, made me realize I really miss previous designs of various characters.
but I've never been a fan of the atypical super bouncy succubi designs I guess.

Picking up someone by their neck isn't that hard. But. Chloe, and succubi are probably at least 2x the average human stats. I think the biggest factor in the "murderama" is the fact that they have magic, wings, and claws. If they didn't have those, I think they really wouldn't be that problematic over all.

Post Reply