Dangerously Chloe 31-01-19 Nothing Left to Say

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 31-01-19 Nothing Left to Say

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! Chloe finds out that chained window bars are no barrier to the muscular might of super-male Teddy!

brasca

Re: Dangerously Chloe 31-01-19 Nothing Left to Say

Post by brasca »

Well Teddy broke that chain so he's definitely stronger than an average human, but is he strong enough to do the deed?

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

I... don't think she'd seen his muscles before...

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Teddy: 'I got a girlfriend and am free from my infernal contract; so don't have to risk my life to save you, anymore. But, what the hey - I'm dtf! Let's do this!'.

Yeah - totally feeling the love here. /sarcasm

Incidentally - Teddy looks ridiculous in that last panel with that goofy expression on his face (what is that expression, anyway?)
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

If Teddy/i didn't care about Chloe, they wouldn't have done the "oh darn I don't know where Chloe is" stunt. Contract or not, Teddy wants to help her.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Hulk smas.... Wait.

I don't believe the gravity of emotions that the scene seems to be suggesting, however, assuming that I did, I feel as though this conversation has been dragged out for the sake of drama; not entirely an uncommon writing tool, but other uses can get away with it because of interesting dialogue, of which there has been little to none. Thus, it is a scene with an unearned sense of importance that is being stretched out for the sake of padding, rather than engaging dialogue or edifying character motivations. Although not successful, I do give credit for the seeming attempt to do character stuff over lazy jokes.

The more attention paid to continuity, the more the comic seems to punish the reader for doing so... Chloe left because she believed herself to be a danger, which is an acceptable revelation, yet Chloe allowed Abby to accompany her to Hell? Also, Abby acted as the intermediary to tell Teddy he "hurt [Chloe] bad," which suggests Abby had at least some interaction with Chloe - perhaps misinterpreting her feelings, but still being with her; maybe Abby tagged along or was brought by Slash-stab, but it still doesn't quite gel.
However, those are nitpicks really compared to the statement that Chloe made, in that Abby and Teddy should return to their "warm, safe lives." Their lives have been irrevocably altered, so even if Chloe doesn't go back with them, their lives cannot possibly return to any semblance of normality - Ted and Teddi being part-god beings that have banged the majority of their school and various other nameless saps, and Abby being a succubus who has been witnessed as being such by a few demon hunters, thus their lives are abnormal/hazardous with or without Chloe. Though, perhaps I'm being too literal... I guess the point of the scene is that Chloe is wallowing in misery and is trying to find some solace in believing that Ted's and Abby can resume "safe" lives, as well as giving them permission to *abandon* her. I'm sorry, I'm too focused on the actual details to truly buy the sentiment.

Mordhaus

Post by Mordhaus »

All aboard! Next stop, Bone town!
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite comic on the Internet.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

Teddy just looks so... literally, so fucking stupid. Like his brain can only comprehend ejaculation at this point. He's just a walking foreskin shaped into muscles and it's gross.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:34 am

Incidentally - Teddy looks ridiculous in that last panel with that goofy expression on his face (what is that expression, anyway?)
His eyes are looking upwards or perhaps far ahead, so maybe the ceiling has a monster on it or the room is a lot bigger than it seems? Maybe he is just baffled about how he broke the chain around the cell bars... As buff as his dumb bod is, he would need anchorage to *push* the inward opening window bars enough to break the chain, unless he broke it with his bare hands, but that'd raise some other issues. It is kind of funny how he is suddenly standing fine in the room like a slasher villain.
I'm also struggling to figure out the reason behind Chloe's twice surprised face; her initial surprise would make sense as she didn't expect macho Ted to break the bars open. Yet her continued similarly surprised expression is a bit confusing as she has already seen beefcake Ted before.

dmra

Post by dmra »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:40 am
The more attention paid to continuity, the more the comic seems to punish the reader for doing so
We've basically got somebody who has been all but invisible for most of the last three years and her supposed love interest who was happy to leave her locked up in a basement while he had sex with an entire football team and we're supposed to buy it as a great love story. Which has been the problem all along with making DC into a sex comedy.

Why should the readers believe in the strength of Chloe and Teddy's feelings when we haven't seen any evidence of them for ages but have instead been treated to scene after scene of Teddy/i having sexual shenanigans with all manner of minor characters?

Master of 7s

Post by Master of 7s »

All of the nonsense and shenanigans of this comic has been leading up to this point.

So all I have to say is that Teddy had better: https://youtu.be/ZSS5dEeMX64?t=161

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

Let the succu-baby-making commence!

I mean, Teddy's got a spare body now. He could afford it.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

One thing I'd like to say to the artist.

Jason, you are awesome, for a reason I don't think anyone has observed yet: To my knowledge, you have yet to miss an update. That's almost unheard of in the webcomic world, especially after the comics have been running a while. Kickass, man.

@Zorlond: You know, I didn't think about that. Ted has a backup just in case this doesn't go well!
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

"Chloe, look at how deformed I am. Does this look like the torso of a reasonable man?"
**== **== **== **==

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

dmra wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:12 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:40 am
The more attention paid to continuity, the more the comic seems to punish the reader for doing so
We've basically got somebody who has been all but invisible for most of the last three years and her supposed love interest who was happy to leave her locked up in a basement while he had sex with an entire football team and we're supposed to buy it as a great love story. Which has been the problem all along with making DC into a sex comedy.

Why should the readers believe in the strength of Chloe and Teddy's feelings when we haven't seen any evidence of them for ages but have instead been treated to scene after scene of Teddy/i having sexual shenanigans with all manner of minor characters?
Bit of a tangent from my comment being quoted, but that said, I agree with your points. I've, heck, probably others too, have noted similar criticisms about the weaknesses in the story and characters.

To answer your rhetorical question, if unnecessarily due to its nature as being rhetorical, the readers have no solid reason to believe in the at best lukewarm relationship between Chloe and Ted being treated as a grand romance.
.... I actually typed up a rather lengthy retrospection on just a few things explaining why the readers shouldn't believe, but I know anything rant-like can make a number of people very upset, so best avoid that when possible. Aha.