Dangerously Chloe 17-01-19 You Said You Like It

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 3831
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 17-01-19 You Said You Like It

Post by brasca » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:59 pm

lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:13 pm
Also Ted has not had sufficient time to discover the powers available. The male half would seem to hold the evil side and has only manifested its abilities while asleep. The female half only just discovered a sense of connectivity, which probably isn’t so helpful in this situation.
Right. Teddi probably senses that Ilsa isn't happy with her which really isn't all that useful in a fight with an alpha succubus. Fortunately, Incubus Teddy is still in play and if he turns up the pheromones to 11 he could possibly turn Tartarus' students against Ilsa.

dmra
Posts: 767
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 17-01-19 You Said You Like It

Post by dmra » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:34 pm

FuzzyFace wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:53 am
I don't suspect we are seeing the cream of the crop here... although Charity has shown real competence when the situation demanded it. Prudence, on the other hand, not so much.
In the early days Prudence did show some skills as an inventor http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... _this_good so she's not entirely useless. Her big problem is that she seems to be about the same age as Abby (however angels age in this universe) so still very wet behind the ears.

User avatar
Absinthe Green
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:33 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 17-01-19 You Said You Like It

Post by Absinthe Green » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:31 pm

dmra wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:34 pm
FuzzyFace wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:53 am
I don't suspect we are seeing the cream of the crop here... although Charity has shown real competence when the situation demanded it. Prudence, on the other hand, not so much.
In the early days Prudence did show some skills as an inventor http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... _this_good so she's not entirely useless. Her big problem is that she seems to be about the same age as Abby (however angels age in this universe) so still very wet behind the ears.
...not to mention having the attention span of a goldfish when pastries are involved.
Last edited by Absinthe Green on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I will remember the kisses / our lips raw with love / and how you gave me everything you had / and how I / offered you everything that was left / of me." - CB.

User avatar
lordoffiling
Posts: 822
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 6:48 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 17-01-19 You Said You Like It

Post by lordoffiling » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:24 pm

The implication, at least to me, is that Prudence is not unique among young angels. Ilsa knew her weakness on sight.

It's actually pretty good writing, when it comes to establishing the rules of this universe. Demons can defeat angels with the appropriate temptation, if they know what it is. Young angels, use a basic temptation, like sweets. A more advanced angel like Charity or Zach won't fall for something so simple so you use a more advanced temptation, like sex.

I wonder what you'd use against a full-fledged angel? Or, would they be impervious to temptation, and that's why Ilsa was worried about them showing up?
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

User avatar
sparky
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:09 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 17-01-19 You Said You Like It

Post by sparky » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:43 pm

This brought to mind the phrase "the stupid, it burns!". They happen to be in Hell and I have never been able to stand Prudence so, if they want to write a happy ending for this comic, may I make a suggestion? :ymdevil: :-bd :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 3831
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 17-01-19 You Said You Like It

Post by brasca » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:28 am

lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:24 pm
The implication, at least to me, is that Prudence is not unique among young angels. Ilsa knew her weakness on sight.

It's actually pretty good writing, when it comes to establishing the rules of this universe. Demons can defeat angels with the appropriate temptation, if they know what it is. Young angels, use a basic temptation, like sweets. A more advanced angel like Charity or Zach won't fall for something so simple so you use a more advanced temptation, like sex.

I wonder what you'd use against a full-fledged angel? Or, would they be impervious to temptation, and that's why Ilsa was worried about them showing up?
I'd like to know more about the angels and their hierarchy too. Perhaps the angels don't really age into the class that Ilsa fears until they've overcome their base desires. Perhaps that's why the level of Heaven we've seen is so chaotic because it's really just a testing ground and until an angel gains perfect self control they remain children or teenagers and tasked with the low level police work.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5839
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 17-01-19 You Said You Like It

Post by Error of Logic » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:42 pm

*sigh* This would be such a splendid moment for Teddy/i to manifest some of that deity power and smite Slash-Stab. =_= I'm just saying.

User avatar
lordoffiling
Posts: 822
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 6:48 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 17-01-19 You Said You Like It

Post by lordoffiling » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:34 pm

Unlikely to turn out the way you would want.

Ted is now their own miniature pantheon, and their portfolios would seem to center on sex, lust, and fertility. Ilsa isn’t as likely to *get* smitten as she is to *be* smitten. With the Male Ted.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Gotoh
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 17-01-19 You Said You Like It

Post by Gotoh » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:47 pm

Balancer wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:46 am
Someone please tell my if the forces of good are this dumb how earth hasn't been over run by hell? Seriously rhus comic has not given me much reason to be impressed with the heavenly host.
Sad to say that, in the *C-verse, the forces of good seem to be out to lunch. Look what happened when Hecate took over AA: nothing. Artemis was a no-show, so the student council was on their own. Same with EC, it was usually up to Layla and Brooke (with occasional assists from Twiggit) to resolve things.

User avatar
Swiftwinged Doom
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 17-01-19 You Said You Like It

Post by Swiftwinged Doom » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:03 am

I mean, considering the kind of trouble that usually has to occur to attract Capital G to show His/Her/Their hand, this stuff is really low level. Just a bunch of idiots fighting back and forth over control of an inept, bumbling godling without much real control over its power and no real desire to do anything SERIOUS with it besides getting laid. It would be hilarious if one of the Archangels picked up the line and actually started talking to Ilsa. THAT would be a funny joke
Ilsa: Uh ohhhh, the phone is RINGING!!! *hits send on accident*

*St Michael sees buzzing phone*

Michael: HELLO?

Ilsa: Oh F****... :-O

Michael: WHO IS THIS? HOW DID YOU GET THIS LINE?

Ilsa: I... Uhhh.... Well

Michael: I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS. WHATEVER YOU MORONS IN HELL ARE UP TO, CUT THE SHIT OR I'M COMING DOWN THERE FOR A LIGHT WORKOUT *click*

Ilsa: *Hangs up and puts phone down slowly* Yeah, so ummm, you guys can leave. Like right now. PLEASE :-ss
Proudly broadcasting from Flint MI. The first city in North America to fight crime with Urban Blight.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5839
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 17-01-19 You Said You Like It

Post by Error of Logic » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:52 am

Ooh, that'd be lovely. :D

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 3831
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 17-01-19 You Said You Like It

Post by brasca » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:08 am

Either that or it will have an ending where Ilsa seemingly wins, but because Teddy makes a noble sacrifice she can't keep his soul. It's similar to how Constantine sacrificed his get out of Hell wish for someone else and the only thing Lucifer could do was heal him so he'd have another chance to screw up his life again.

Or Teddi will challenge Ilsa to a rock-off. That would be cool too.

User avatar
FuzzyFace
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:39 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 17-01-19 You Said You Like It

Post by FuzzyFace » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:25 am

lordoffiling wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:34 pm
Unlikely to turn out the way you would want.

Ted is now their own miniature pantheon, and their portfolios would seem to center on sex, lust, and fertility. Ilsa isn’t as likely to *get* smitten as she is to *be* smitten. With the Male Ted.
Well, we know that Ilsa liked Teddy... and now he's got succubus wings, to boot.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5839
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 17-01-19 You Said You Like It

Post by Error of Logic » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:21 am

brasca wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:08 am
Either that or it will have an ending where Ilsa seemingly wins, but because Teddy makes a noble sacrifice she can't keep his soul. It's similar to how Constantine sacrificed his get out of Hell wish for someone else and the only thing Lucifer could do was heal him so he'd have another chance to screw up his life again.
I really liked that scene. Especially the part where Lou realized he'd messed up, and Constantine flipped him the bird as he was ascending to Heaven.

Post Reply