Dangerously Chloe 17-12-18 The Three of Us

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

meachy

Re: Dangerously Chloe 17-12-18 The Three of Us

Post by meachy »

Well its correctly used as a farm term for roosters, that happens to have a correlatory meaning to humans as well.

MissMadness

Post by MissMadness »

To answer a earlier question, the teddis did tell Naomi about all the crazy shit that's happen to them. For once she's taking this as a grain of salt and focusing on teddi emotional state. So an interesting note to be consistent on.

It honestly makes me feel like Naomi and teddi would be a better couple. But what do I know, I'm not writing this story. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

I honestly feel like we’re setting up a happy ending for Ted and Chloe here, though.

You see, the more two people are different, the more one will have to walk in the shoes of the other to reach common ground. That, I really feel, is what Ted’s whole adventure has been about.

Chloe can’t stop being a succubus. She’s gonna have to embrace her life as a man-slaying, soul-damning, sex-weaponizing minion of Hell sooner or later. For Ted and her to have *any* kind of future, he needs to be just as evil as she is. When she comes in from a long day of banging guys to death and sending them to Hell, he needs to be able to smile honestly and give her that horn rub she’s longing for.

And the author has dropped plenty of hints at this, even having Ted say straight out that he feels like he understands what it means to be a succubus now.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

brasca

Post by brasca »

lordoffiling wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:56 pm
I honestly feel like we’re setting up a happy ending for Ted and Chloe here, though.

You see, the more two people are different, the more one will have to walk in the shoes of the other to reach common ground. That, I really feel, is what Ted’s whole adventure has been about.

Chloe can’t stop being a succubus. She’s gonna have to embrace her life as a man-slaying, soul-damning, sex-weaponizing minion of Hell sooner or later. For Ted and her to have *any* kind of future, he needs to be just as evil as she is. When she comes in from a long day of banging guys to death and sending them to Hell, he needs to be able to smile honestly and give her that horn rub she’s longing for.

And the author has dropped plenty of hints at this, even having Ted say straight out that he feels like he understands what it means to be a succubus now.
That may be a happy ending for Chloe and Teddy, but a grim ending overall. If Teddy couldn't go through with killing people to save Chloe and objected so strongly to his sister becoming a succubus I don't think he's fully embraced being a succubus. Now it's possible the incubus part of him that was flying around having sex with the school football team might be divested from him and then Chloe has a partner, but that doesn't change the fact that Chloe herself is a reluctant succubus. She could've fixed her problem long ago, but she doesn't want to kill people. She doesn't want to hurt people neither even when her freedom was at stake during the love contest.

Perhaps Teddy's godly powers can somehow set everything right and make her a human girl.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Would that be setting everything right, though?

“Here, Chloe, I can fix this. Let me just change everything about who and what you are. There, see? All better!”

I’m not sure I like the idea of that any more than the alternatives.

Besides.

We’ve observed it many times; Chloe is squeamish about killing anyone, but other than that she *loves* being a succubus. It’s all over her face whenever she uses her powers or drains the life out of someone.

She’s the supernatural equivalent of being a picky eater, is all. Never has she expressed the desire to be anything other than what she is.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

lordoffiling wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:43 pm
Would that be setting everything right, though?

“Here, Chloe, I can fix this. Let me just change everything about who and what you are. There, see? All better!”

I’m not sure I like the idea of that any more than the alternatives.
So you consider it better that they changed Teddy into what he's become so he can be with Chloe?

I don't really care about either of them, or whether they hook up. But it seems wrong to me to force one character to change just to accomodate the other. It'd be better if he and Chloe reached some sort of compromise.

One of the stories in 'Phantom Quest Corp.' was about a reformed vampire and his girlfriend (a 19 year old human college student). The reason he reformed was because of her, it was his choice. Likewise, she knew he was a vampire and not only accepted it, she's helped him by voluntarily allowing him to feed off of her. To ensure he doesn't overdo it, he only does it 4 times a year at only 200cc's per quarter. That was their compromise and they stuck to it.

The difference being (unlike Teddy), Bosco (the vampire) and Makiko stayed true to themselves. Meaning neither of them had to change who, or what, they were. Bosco was always friendly, but his feelings for Makiko made him moreso out of his desire to be with her. Makiko didn't become a vampire, she remained human and retained the same personality as when they first met.