Dangerously Chloe 3-12-18 My Lips are Sealed

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

lordoffiling

Re: Dangerously Chloe 3-12-18 My Lips are Sealed

Post by lordoffiling »

Valkog, please PM me.

I *need* to understand this bath thing.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

brasca

Post by brasca »

Since the pact is gone Prudence can’t accuse Teddi of adultery anymore. Of course after the influence she’s had on Charity I think Prudence will have something new to say.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

*ROLLS EYES*

ANYway, what a terrible hairstyle for her...it..just reminds me of the Matriorb. Charity does not pull off that look..wish it was..idk...straighter or something..right now it just looks like someone did a horrific number on her as opposed to going to a hairstylist..

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Yeah, it's like she's wearing the skin of a mutant hedgehog.

You know, as much as I might grumble about certain plot developments in Ma3, at least there and SDB I get the feeling the writer is actually trying hard. Every single part of this comic for too many strips has felt phoned-in and disinterested.

brasca

Post by brasca »

TwoWayStar wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:24 am
*ROLLS EYES*

ANYway, what a terrible hairstyle for her...it..just reminds me of the Matriorb. Charity does not pull off that look..wish it was..idk...straighter or something..right now it just looks like someone did a horrific number on her as opposed to going to a hairstylist..
She looks too much like Eden http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... -stripping

Personally I liked Charity with her hair down, but she's going through an awakening so she has to experiment until she finds a look that works for her.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

It's almost like they copy and paste artwork in this comic...

No, that isn't fair of me. Its art designs have always been kind of generic, but there has been an issue in character designs looking too alike, even with supposedly important characters that do get more development - Charity looks quite similar to that one succubus who had a rivalry/obsession with Chloe, before that stopped being a thing.
Also, some of the strippers look similar to previously introduced succubi (at least, in terms of body types) that I wonder if there was a twist the writers forgot to do about the strip club actually being a base of operations for succubi - it would explain its horrendous work ethic and standards, but that idea is probably giving too much credit to this laziness.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:08 am

You know, as much as I might grumble about certain plot developments in Ma3, at least there and SDB I get the feeling the writer is actually trying hard. Every single part of this comic for too many strips has felt phoned-in and disinterested.
Preaching to the choir, my friend. Well, half of the choir; some forum dwellers seem incensed at any criticism given to the comic, some care so little either way that they find criticism boring (though, if that's the case, why they would visit the forums in the first place is vexing), and others think that because the subject matter is inherently "vulgar" that there is no merit in criticising the dependence on smut over story, despite how lazy or poorly planned plot lines and jokes are.

Forgive me. I shall step down from my little soap box. Ahaha...

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

I know, but given how much we rag on this comic I feel like making a token acknowledgement that not all Pixietrix works are as bad as this one is in order.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:39 pm
I know, but given how much we rag on this comic I feel like making a token acknowledgement that not all Pixietrix works are as bad as this one is in order.
Well, except for the extra stories for EC/MC - which, by and large, were also needlessly sexual in nature (even the one were Tiff played babysitter to the two Melissas that ended in a compromising situation/misunderstanding).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

dmra

Post by dmra »

It wasn't so much the sex that bothered me more the way some of the characters got treated and that we never really got closure on most of the arcs.
What happened with Ace and Nina for instance? Did Cerise show any real sign of having learnt a lesson about not being a murderously jealous and insecure person and what happened to any of her girlfriends.

Oh and the way that other characters finished up looking like total bastards. Dio and Kade taking advantage of Ace's transmutations and not telling their "friend" what was going on was just an awful way for them to behave. Dio may never have been a sympathetic character but Kade before then had at worst been mostly harmless if prone to wandering and sometimes even appeared as a nice person.

It was almost as if the creators set out to disappoint their own readership rather than leave on a happy ending.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:57 pm
Well, except for the extra stories for EC/MC - which, by and large, were also needlessly sexual in nature (even the one were Tiff played babysitter to the two Melissas that ended in a compromising situation/misunderstanding).
Only the last did that.

"Siren Brawl" didn't have any sexual situations, neither did "Tia and Me" or " Kids Slay the Dardest Things". Ana walked in at the wrong time and jumped to conclusions without bothering to ask how Tiff wound up in bed with the Hellrune twins, or how the spell wore off.

Each one gave more insight on the cast and setting: we finally saw Tracy Milligan and learned she's also a slayer in training, who Dusky has a crush on. We were finally given confirmation that Tia is older than she appears (which I always suspected), we also found out what type of cryptid she is, and learned she's related to Artemis and Hecate. And in "Kids Slay the Dardest Things" Tiff slew her first monster.

The one with Kade and Dio was the only one that ruined things, for the aforementioned reason in dmra's post. Which is why I choose to disregard that one since it blemishes an otherwise pretty good webcomic.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:39 pm
True.
And even the weaker Ma3 plotlines could be interesting in some way, but more importantly didn't last 3+ years (I can't honestly say it didn't have repetitive elements too, yet it managed to ease the pain with beautiful art and occasional moments of relief, rather than constant monotony).

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Gotoh wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:59 pm
Fluffy wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:57 pm
Only the last did that.

"Siren Brawl" didn't have any sexual situations,
Didn't Tiff and her slayer rival go topless to 'rescue' the male beach goers from the siren?
neither did "Tia and Me"
Ends on a tastefully nude image of an adult Tia; igniting Blair's interest in her (despite the fact that she's got the body of a kid, at that point).
or " Kids Slay the Dardest Things".
Both Melissas slept in skimpy lingerie and Raven Melissa sold Blond Melissa into a harem.

So, yeah - needlessly sexual in all cases.

But, it's a matter of opinion, only.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:47 am
Didn't Tiff and her slayer rival go topless to 'rescue' the male beach goers from the siren?
Not by choice. Their tops got washed away by the wave that Marine used to cover her escape. Tiff and Tracy wanted to find their tops, but didn't have the time to spare since they had lure everyone away from the water, posthaste.
Ends on a tastefully nude image of an adult Tia; igniting Blair's interest in her (despite the fact that she's got the body of a kid, at that point).
Blair isn't interested in Tia's child form, that's why he said he intends to find a way to change her back to her original form.