Dangerously Chloe 29-11-18 Makeover

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Dangerously Chloe 29-11-18 Makeover

Post by Jason Waltrip » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:24 am

New Strip! As the two Teddies walk back to their respective "homes," they run into some of the strip club girls and Charity, who is sporting a new "look."

User avatar
Cortez
Posts: 2258
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-11-18 Makeover

Post by Cortez » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:31 am

This was pretty funny actually.

And it seems Charity can tell Teddy doesn't have the mark, though i wasn't aware that she knew.
Last edited by Cortez on Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 3495
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-11-18 Makeover

Post by brasca » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:41 am

Then why is she looking down Teddi’s shirt? Oh wait like she needs an excuse.

OllieOrOlly
Posts: 640
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:48 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-11-18 Makeover

Post by OllieOrOlly » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:50 am

The Teddies have lost their soul, souls, or half a soul, and didn't notice any difference? Kind of checks out, actually.
Since Ted mentioned Al, wonder if that dumbass reaper has spare clothes or if their only outfit is the one Ted stole.

Nice to see how Charity was *allowed* to have *fun* without any proper supervision, so she is reduced to a blubbering, half-naked drunk, 'cos that's totally what being "free" is all about (granted, even if Teddi was there, it'd probably end up in the same sorry state).
At the risk of harping on: what the hell kind of people would give someone alcohol when they requested lemonade? If they requested lemonade, clearly they don't want to get intoxicated for whatever reason, so giving them booze presumably without Charity realising any better, is really terrible.

Hoping the non-character strippers flirting with macho Ted is only half of a joke, with the other half being Teddi getting puked on, harr-di-harr contrast; but regardless, the point being, it will be most annoying if this flirtation is continued beyond a one-off gag.

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 3495
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-11-18 Makeover

Post by brasca » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:17 am

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:50 am
Nice to see how Charity was *allowed* to have *fun* without any proper supervision, so she is reduced to a blubbering, half-naked drunk, 'cos that's totally what being "free" is all about (granted, even if Teddi was there, it'd probably end up in the same sorry state).
At the risk of harping on: what the hell kind of people would give someone alcohol when they requested lemonade? If they requested lemonade, clearly they don't want to get intoxicated for whatever reason, so giving them booze presumably without Charity realising any better, is really terrible.
When you go to a bar and order lemonade the assumption would be a hard lemonade since most likely the bars Jordan and Ginger frequent don't offer soft drinks. And considering the drinking age in Canada is 18 I can believe Charity wouldn't get carded. Besides it's not like any of them know who Charity really is. Teddi could've told them she was her uptight cousin looking to cut loose for a night.

User avatar
Cortez
Posts: 2258
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-11-18 Makeover

Post by Cortez » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:29 am

At the risk of harping on: what the hell kind of people would give someone alcohol when they requested lemonade?
She did get lemonade, the alcoholic kind. When you ask for lemonade at a bar, that's usually what you get, because that's probably all they have.

Fereshte
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:59 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-11-18 Makeover

Post by Fereshte » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:35 am

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:50 am
At the risk of harping on: what the hell kind of people would give someone alcohol when they requested lemonade? If they requested lemonade, clearly they don't want to get intoxicated for whatever reason, so giving them booze presumably without Charity realising any better, is really terrible.
This was my first thought too. Especially because they even specify that she wanted *only* lemonaid. They knew she wasn’t asking for the hard kind and to give it to someone who specifically isn’t asking for alcohol is all kinds of horrible. Whatif she was a recovering alcoholic? Or had some trauma from drinking to access in the past? Like clearly the reasonable response would’ve been “they only have hard lemonaid.” It would’ve been better had the strip presented it as them telling her there was only the hard stuff and Charity, unbeknownst to them, misunderstanding what that meant and accidentally getting drunk. At least then these women wouldn’t come off as just down right horrible.

Besides that, I liked the art in this strip and found the throwing up on Teddi’s breasts kind of funny. I also liked the joke that saying out loud what they’re doing IS talking to themselves because they would already know what the other is thinking.

User avatar
Cortez
Posts: 2258
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-11-18 Makeover

Post by Cortez » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:52 am

Again, if you ask for lemonade at a bar, they're going to assume you mean the alcoholic kind if you don't specify.

OllieOrOlly
Posts: 640
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:48 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-11-18 Makeover

Post by OllieOrOlly » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:32 am

Cortez wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:29 am
At the risk of harping on: what the hell kind of people would give someone alcohol when they requested lemonade?
She did get lemonade, the alcoholic kind. When you ask for lemonade at a bar, that's usually what you get, because that's probably all they have.
I'm not blaming the bar. If we give Teddi the smallest benefit of the doubt, she would've told her stripper friends that Charity was "from way out of town," therefore not accustomed to conventions of pubs and such; despite probably being a lot older, Charity is a child in terms of knowing human society, so Teddi should have insisted that the strippers let her have *fun* without adding any mind-altering substances (which alcohol is, especially to someone who presumably hasn't had any before ever).

*EDIT* I've changed my mind. I am blaming the bar a bit - often establishments that primarily serve liquor can't be entered without a photo ID, let alone provide an alcoholic beverage without proof of age. It is especially off-putting here because Charity seemingly appears to be mid to late teens, so if a place would be so careless as to give alcohol to an ID-less individual that could be minor, then that place is lacking in scruples (which also contributes to the "Teddi is a bad person" reasons if they left Charity in such a place).
Last edited by OllieOrOlly on Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

OllieOrOlly
Posts: 640
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:48 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-11-18 Makeover

Post by OllieOrOlly » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:36 am

Fereshte wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:35 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:50 am
At the risk of harping on: what the hell kind of people would give someone alcohol when they requested lemonade? If they requested lemonade, clearly they don't want to get intoxicated for whatever reason, so giving them booze presumably without Charity realising any better, is really terrible.
This was my first thought too. Especially because they even specify that she wanted *only* lemonaid. They knew she wasn’t asking for the hard kind and to give it to someone who specifically isn’t asking for alcohol is all kinds of horrible. Whatif she was a recovering alcoholic? Or had some trauma from drinking to access in the past? Like clearly the reasonable response would’ve been “they only have hard lemonaid.” It would’ve been better had the strip presented it as them telling her there was only the hard stuff and Charity, unbeknownst to them, misunderstanding what that meant and accidentally getting drunk. At least then these women wouldn’t come off as just down right horrible.

Besides that, I liked the art in this strip and found the throwing up on Teddi’s breasts kind of funny. I also liked the joke that saying out loud what they’re doing IS talking to themselves because they would already know what the other is thinking.
Agreed. It could be framed as a joke about misunderstanding, rather than the girls seeming like horribly apathetic chaperones.

I'm so-so about the vomit joke. Admittedly, it is somewhat amusing that the usual sleazy gag was side-stepped to become gross out comedy instead.

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 3495
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-11-18 Makeover

Post by brasca » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:42 am

Interestingly enough is Teddy and Teddi are walking without Naomi. I would think one of them would escort her home, but then I remembered she ambushed him in the alley with Prudence in tow before sending her off to buy some cakes. She's probably collecting her right now to go home, but I wonder if they'll cross paths again and if she'll even recognize Charity after her makeover. She's dim enough to not notice that Chastity and Pandora were the same person and it's possible that with her divine powers diminished Charity could actually lie. She might tell her she donated her clothes to some needy floozies or on an undercover mission.

User avatar
Spidrift
Posts: 12748
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-11-18 Makeover

Post by Spidrift » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:04 am

Cortez wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:52 am
Again, if you ask for lemonade at a bar, they're going to assume you mean the alcoholic kind if you don't specify.
In Canada? Okay, cultural assumption clash.

(In the UK, “hard” lemonade is a rarity, to the point where I don’t recall ever seeing it on offer, whereas any bar will likely have some of the standard stuff available, because even if they don’t admit accompanied kids, and their customers aren’t the sort to order shandy — 50/50 lemonade/beer mix — you always get the designated drivers and such.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

OllieOrOlly
Posts: 640
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:48 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-11-18 Makeover

Post by OllieOrOlly » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:15 am

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:04 am
Cortez wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:52 am
Again, if you ask for lemonade at a bar, they're going to assume you mean the alcoholic kind if you don't specify.
In Canada? Okay, cultural assumption clash.

(In the UK, “hard” lemonade is a rarity, to the point where I don’t recall ever seeing it on offer, whereas any bar will likely have some of the standard stuff available, because even if they don’t admit accompanied kids, and their customers aren’t the sort to order shandy — 50/50 lemonade/beer mix — you always get the designated drivers and such.)
Actually, I second that. In Australia, if you order a lemonade - even at a bar - you get a lemonade. If you want it mixed with alcohol, you have to specify.

dmra
Posts: 676
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-11-18 Makeover

Post by dmra » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:41 am

It's pretty clear from the explanation "she wanted lemonade but we only had the hard kind" that the girls knew what Charity wanted but gave her something else instead. And they could have suggested another soft drink instead. I can't believe there's a bar in the world that doesn't sell cola of one sort or another.

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3452
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-11-18 Makeover

Post by Fluffy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:22 am

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:50 am
At the risk of harping on: what the hell kind of people would give someone alcohol when they requested lemonade? If they requested lemonade, clearly they don't want to get intoxicated for whatever reason, so giving them booze presumably without Charity realising any better, is really terrible.
Not just that, but Charity no doubt insisted on this makeover 'after' she was properly shitfaced - and these idiots went along with it.

That is not how you look out for the people you're supposed to keeping an eye on/show a good time to.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:04 am
Cortez wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:52 am
Again, if you ask for lemonade at a bar, they're going to assume you mean the alcoholic kind if you don't specify.
In Canada? Okay, cultural assumption clash.
Yeah, no - not even there. I've lived in Canada, have been to their bars before and if you don't specify you want a hard drink (i.e. - you say 'lemonade' instead of 'a hard lemonade') you're going to get a booze free lemonade. If they don't have standard lemonade, they don't assume you meant the hard stuff and give you that, instead - they will tell you they don't have the non-alcoholic stuff and give you non alcoholic options (sodas or water - because all bars have those).

And, they always card you - even if you do look of drinking age; because older teens will doll themselves up to look older, so the bartenders always card to make sure they're not serving minors.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Post Reply