Dangerously Chloe 22-11-18 Did a Number on You

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

renmei

Re: Dangerously Chloe 22-11-18 Did a Number on You

Post by renmei »

I'm not sure Naomi realizes they're one and the same person. Also, I don't think good things can come from the contract being removed, as things are now.
Tython wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:11 am
Oh hello original plot point good to see you again.
Yeah, we haven't seen it since he.....woke up in the park after splitting in two.
vampire hunter D wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:56 am
I've had one idea of who it should be. Not only because this person deserves it, but the characcter has been underused. And there's an old Chekhov's gun that still hasn't fired yet.
I'd love to hear this. Zachuriel and Lucretia haven't been seen in a long time, are you thinking of either of them?

brasca

Post by brasca »

vampire hunter D wrote:
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:04 am
FuzzyFace wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:13 am
So... what happens to Chloe, now?
Well, she fulfilled the contract. He got his girl friend. It just wasn't her.

As for what happens to her, she loses her virginity to someone who can take it. Maybe someone who's evil and deserves to go to hell?
I've had one idea of who it should be. Not only because this person deserves it, but the characcter has been underused. And there's an old Chekhov's gun that still hasn't fired yet.
Really? Who?

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Everyone shush about the contract for a minute. This is a fakeout or false alarm, I'm sure of it.
**== **== **== **==

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

And what about Teddy/i being a god? Does that mean anything beyond the splitting in two?

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:04 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:42 am
This sudden friendship still feels really unearned; the writers had to retcon a bunch of fantastical experiences into Naomi's story when aliens have never been a thing in the comic. Granted, she could be merely involved with demon/magic stuff, too, and is under the mistaken impression that they are aliens, because everyone in the comic is stupid to some degree.
No, they didn’t. It has been long established that Naomi has been having her own adventures. Hearing details of them isn’t retconning.

Also, Naomi’s big character hook has always been that aliens are real but the supernatural is nonsense, and that anything weird that happens is aliens. That’s what she’s talking about here. She didn’t interact with any aliens, she just thinks she did.
I felt my post was overwritten as is, but I guess an extra word of "seemingly" before the use of retcon would've avoided conjecture. I don't dispute that Naomi had experiences that went on off-panel, but they were indicated to be either tangentially related to Teddy or Chloe, or really minor disputes with Gabrielle. There was never any indication that she had adventures on larger scales nor dramatic transformations of Ted/dy/di.

Also, you didn't read my whole paragraph. I noted that Naomi was likely to be under the mistaken impression that the supernatural elements were alien, rather than a genre shift.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

FuzzyFace wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:41 am
And what about Teddy/i being a god? Does that mean anything beyond the splitting in two?
Probably not. That thread seems to have been abandoned and replaced with Teddi and Ted just doing more sexual shenanigans, only with Ted apparently unwittingly committing the acts because some "dark force" compels him to get more power, which would seem to hint that by being split, they didn't become gods.

Tython

Post by Tython »

renmei wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:05 am
I'm not sure Naomi realizes they're one and the same person. Also, I don't think good things can come from the contract being removed, as things are now.
Tython wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:11 am
Oh hello original plot point good to see you again.
Yeah, we haven't seen it since he.....woke up in the park after splitting in two.
vampire hunter D wrote:
I'd love to hear this. Zachuriel and Lucretia haven't been seen in a long time, are you thinking of either of them?
I meant more that Naomi would be the girl to break his curse plot point as they originally planned until Prudence came along.

Tako

Post by Tako »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:42 am
I appreciate that they didn't end up banging.
This sudden friendship still feels really unearned; the writers had to retcon a bunch of fantastical experiences into Naomi's story when aliens have never been a thing in the comic. Granted, she could be merely involved with demon/magic stuff, too, and is under the mistaken impression that they are aliens, because everyone in the comic is stupid to some degree. Regardless of the semantics whether it was aliens and demons, the main point is that giving Naomi a similar experience to Ted, including involuntary sex change for some stupid reasons, feels like a rushed change to try to justify their new bond.

If *cute* bonding moments like this had appeared years ago and were the predominant occurrence, rather than the cheap smut, then my opinion of the comic might not be as low as it ended up being. What if, what if, what if. Oh well.

Anyway, hooray! Ted is going to Hell for real now! The fact that the contract could be fulfilled by a simple vocal agreement, instead of pheromones and mindless sex, is both a good thing, yet also an annoying reminder of how much time was wasted with all of that strip club stuff, screwing bullies, step-mothers, and strangers. I know the "rationale" behind most of the hook ups were Teddi trying to find a man capable of surviving a virgin succubus, but it never resulted in anything productive; not that results would make it acceptable, but it would've at least had a point other than "succubus comic must have sex."
The "banging bullies in search of a demigod" was the stupidest, most useless plot piece ever... why would Teddy ever think that would work? Did he seriously think he would find a "one every thousand years" Hercules-like ubermensh among those meatheads?

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

@Tako - Teddy convinced himself that alpha males at his school would be virile enough to handle the task without dying; because he genuinely thought he knew better than Pandora (a sexually experienced succubus).

If it wasn't for the fact that this comic is supposed to be PG13; I really wish that Pandora kept her mouth shut and let Teddy continue on with his little plan. Let him learn on is own terms just how stupid his idea was (provided that Chloe would have accepted the sacrifice - which was something else that really annoyed me about the whole plan. Teddy just expected her to sleep with the guy he chose for her; which is pretty screwed up in its own right).
Valkog wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:36 am
Everyone shush about the contract for a minute. This is a fakeout or false alarm, I'm sure of it.
No, I'm sure it's legit - it's just incredibly rushed and - going by the contract's loophole - makes absolutely no sense. Are we to believe that Naomi finding out that she and Teddy have a mutually screwed up life and asking for a date means that she genuinely loves him in her heart of hearts and is now his girlfriend, as the contract states is mandatory in order to nullify the contract?
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:42 am
FuzzyFace wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:41 am
Probably not. That thread seems to have been abandoned and replaced with Teddi and Ted just doing more sexual shenanigans, only with Ted apparently unwittingly committing the acts because some "dark force" compels him to get more power, which would seem to hint that by being split, they didn't become gods.
Still not entirely convinced that Teddy's possessed by an evil entity, proper - more like Chloe's been using that psychic connection between them to use his body to get herself some much needed 'vitamin boosts' that he's been depriving her of. It would explain why he's been targeting males, specifically.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

brasca wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:36 am
JoybuzzerX wrote:
FuzzyFace wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:13 am
So... what happens to Chloe, now?

As for what happens to her, she loses her virginity to someone who can take it. Maybe someone who's evil and deserves to go to hell?

I'm curious what happens to Al! Teddy and Al!
There's still Teddi and the incubus personality that still occupies Teddy's body so there seems to be 3 personalities and possibly 4. Teddi has the angelic traits, but who has the reaper's? It's also possible Teddy has that in addition to the demonic, but maybe the reaper traits haven't manifested yet. The end result could be Teddy splitting into 4 which would be slightly different than how Magick Chicks ended and everyone could get a Teddy of their own.
I've seen this idea mentioned, perhaps by you, could be a possibility.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Nope, I'm going to say it: Woohoo! That particular albatross is GONE!
Now for the umpteen others.

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

[last panel] ---> Oh yeah, this comic used to have a story.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:39 pm
No, I'm sure it's legit - it's just incredibly rushed and - going by the contract's loophole - makes absolutely no sense. Are we to believe that Naomi finding out that she and Teddy have a mutually screwed up life and asking for a date means that she genuinely loves him in her heart of hearts and is now his girlfriend, as the contract states is mandatory in order to nullify the contract?
Well, it says that she has to "become his girlfriend in her heart." That's a far cry from "genuinely love[ing] him in her heart of hearts." It only requires her to think of herself as his girlfriend.
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:39 pm
Still not entirely convinced that Teddy's possessed by an evil entity, proper - more like Chloe's been using that psychic connection between them to use his body to get herself some much needed 'vitamin boosts' that he's been depriving her of. It would explain why he's been targeting males, specifically.
I like that theory. And with the contract apparently broken, so would be her ability to do that.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

LarsenSan wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:19 pm
[last panel] ---> Oh yeah, this comic used to have a story.
Every so often, it peers out.

brasca

Post by brasca »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:22 pm
brasca wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:36 am
JoybuzzerX wrote:

I'm curious what happens to Al! Teddy and Al!
There's still Teddi and the incubus personality that still occupies Teddy's body so there seems to be 3 personalities and possibly 4. Teddi has the angelic traits, but who has the reaper's? It's also possible Teddy has that in addition to the demonic, but maybe the reaper traits haven't manifested yet. The end result could be Teddy splitting into 4 which would be slightly different than how Magick Chicks ended and everyone could get a Teddy of their own.
I've seen this idea mentioned, perhaps by you, could be a possibility.
Yes I mentioned it before and it seems especially necessary if Teddy has a second persona flying off to look for sex whenever he falls asleep. At least Ace Wolfheart only has that problem every full moon.