Dangerously Chloe 8-11-18 I Need to Get Stronger

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Fereshte
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:59 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-11-18 I Need to Get Stronger

Post by Fereshte » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:06 pm

I personally don’t think the creators KNOW they’ve already crossed the line and depicted serious sexual assault. Teddi KNEW those girls had been influenced by a succubus (but didn’t know it was her), even said they weren’t in their right minds, and STILL had sex with them. That’s not even sexual assault—that’s rape. But I’m willing to bet money the creators don’t think of it as rape so they don’t think to add in ANY reference of how this is rape. Irl, teenager or not, one of those girls would be devastated that she cheated on a boyfriend and questioning why she would do such a thing and feeling terribly betrayed by her own body and probably develope a fear of her body, sexual thoughts, and sex itself—because she had sex without her consent. But the creators aren’t thinking of that, again, because they don’t see it as rape. That’s the only conclusion I can come to. So now, with Charity, will the creators go through with it? Possibly—but they’ll slant it as “she needed to get laid” or how the sex in some way benefited her or enlightened her. That’s how they’ll cross the line of rape and pretend they didn’t.

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3451
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-11-18 I Need to Get Stronger

Post by Fluffy » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:51 pm

Fereshte wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:06 pm
I personally don’t think the creators KNOW they’ve already crossed the line and depicted serious sexual assault. Teddi KNEW those girls had been influenced by a succubus (but didn’t know it was her), even said they weren’t in their right minds, and STILL had sex with them. That’s not even sexual assault—that’s rape. But I’m willing to bet money the creators don’t think of it as rape so they don’t think to add in ANY reference of how this is rape. Irl, teenager or not, one of those girls would be devastated that she cheated on a boyfriend and questioning why she would do such a thing and feeling terribly betrayed by her own body and probably develope a fear of her body, sexual thoughts, and sex itself—because she had sex without her consent. But the creators aren’t thinking of that, again, because they don’t see it as rape. That’s the only conclusion I can come to. So now, with Charity, will the creators go through with it? Possibly—but they’ll slant it as “she needed to get laid” or how the sex in some way benefited her or enlightened her. That’s how they’ll cross the line of rape and pretend they didn’t.
This is where the succubus pheromone excuse comes into play. Because the victims have no idea they were being influenced into having sex with someone they normally wouldn't even consider being with, they can't claim it was rape. In the end, they would probably pass off their own inexplicable desire for someone they didn't like as just them being experimental teenagers. And,Teddy/Teddi was more than willing to reciprocate, so - why not?

Doesn't change the fact that it was still rape, though; no matter how the writer tries to spin it.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 3495
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-11-18 I Need to Get Stronger

Post by brasca » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:45 pm

dmra wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:01 am
brasca wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:58 am


I was being facetious with my last comment. In this case there is a dark specter that is likely the demonic side manifesting on its own without Teddy's knowledge. This Teddy knows exactly what he's doing and it's indefensible, however, I don't think this webcomic will go down that route because even though it's a dark comedy sexual assault would be crossing a line that I doubt the creators intend to do.


And that is what I find so tiresome. Teddi used his pheromones to date rape those girls even though she had no idea she had that ability, Charity committed sexual assault by groping Teddi's naked body to provide warmth, Teddy had his way with Chris and the entire football team with pheromones again, Teddi and the strippers sexually assaulted Charity by forcing lap dances upon her, and so on and so forth and so I don't understand why so many people who constantly take issue with all this still read Dangerously Chloe since the plot has been in this territory for almost 3 years.
Don't want to make this to personal but you do realise that this entire post is contradictory don't you?

In the first part you say that "sexual assault would be crossing a line that I doubt the creators intend to do" and in the second you say that "I don't understand why so many people who constantly take issue with all this still read Dangerously Chloe since the plot has been in this territory for almost 3 years."

So how is the Naomi scene crossing a line if the other incidents haven't been? And if you think the creators would be crossing a line with Naomi that they've already effectively crossed multiple times in the last three years why are you still reading?
There are enough gray areas and conveniences that excuse many of the protagonists actions. Teddi didn't know about the pheromones and those girls who attacked him were bullies. We really don't know that much about them. Perhaps the author believes there is a little bi-curiosity in everyone and Teddi or Teddy is unlocking it and giving everyone the opportunity to experiment. Seeing as how most of the people affected wanted to jump her or his bones it's not same thing as drugging someone and having sex with them while unconscious. Moreover, no one seems to regret anything that happened later. It's supernatural with magical physics that have never been fully explained.

Teddy whether he's possessed or acting on his own seems to be fully aware of his powers and knowingly using these so ignorance is no longer an excuse so what happens next is likely to be another convenience to avoid crossing a line with an established character. Maybe Naomi is one of the few people who can resist which wouldn't be that surprising considering all the supernatural stuff she's been exposed to with Prudence or they'll be interrupted.

If you want to infer the worst in this that's up to you, but it seems like a miserable outlook to have. I choose to read this because I find the story interesting and amusing. And oh yes I do like the fanservice ;)

dmra
Posts: 676
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-11-18 I Need to Get Stronger

Post by dmra » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:34 pm

brasca wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:45 pm

There are enough gray areas and conveniences that excuse many of the protagonists actions. Teddi didn't know about the pheromones and those girls who attacked him were bullies. We really don't know that much about them. Perhaps the author believes there is a little bi-curiosity in everyone and Teddi or Teddy is unlocking it and giving everyone the opportunity to experiment. Seeing as how most of the people affected wanted to jump her or his bones it's not same thing as drugging someone and having sex with them while unconscious. Moreover, no one seems to regret anything that happened later. It's supernatural with magical physics that have never been fully explained.

Teddy whether he's possessed or acting on his own seems to be fully aware of his powers and knowingly using these so ignorance is no longer an excuse so what happens next is likely to be another convenience to avoid crossing a line with an established character. Maybe Naomi is one of the few people who can resist which wouldn't be that surprising considering all the supernatural stuff she's been exposed to with Prudence or they'll be interrupted.

If you want to infer the worst in this that's up to you, but it seems like a miserable outlook to have. I choose to read this because I find the story interesting and amusing. And oh yes I do like the fanservice ;)
Teddi knew the girls were under some sort of supernatural influence and still chose to sleep with them. Not just one once but all of them over a sustained period of time. Which pretty much destroys his supposed defence of "I'll have sex with them until the spell wears of"

You may think they deserve that because they were "bullies" but I don't. And if the authors think that it is OK then I think they're wrong.

And even if they are interrupted or Naomi resists (not much sign of that at the moment) it still means that Teddy has become a villain who is happily willing to do anything to get sex. It also removes any doubt about the "seduction" of the football team. So it looks like an entire football squad have been victims. Now they might not mean as much to the readers as Naomi but it still says an awful lot about what Teddy is capable of and is willing to do.

And I'm not inferring the worst because the worst has pretty much already happened. Teddy who started out as a likeable dork in a romantic comedy has become a sexual predator in what you called a dark comedy via somebody who knowingly took sexual advantage of people he knew were under some sort of supernatural influence that took away their ability to give consent.

So that makes it a lot harder to imagine any kind of satisfactory happy ending for him because he certainly doesn't deserve one.

Thankfully the comic does still have some flashes of what originally made it worth reading and there are still a handful of characters that I like so I'll keep reading until the end but, unlike a few years ago the conclusion is something I'm looking forward to now.

Fereshte
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:59 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-11-18 I Need to Get Stronger

Post by Fereshte » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:53 am

brasca wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:45 pm

There are enough gray areas and conveniences that excuse many of the protagonists actions. Teddi didn't know about the pheromones and those girls who attacked him were bullies. We really don't know that much about them. Perhaps the author believes there is a little bi-curiosity in everyone and Teddi or Teddy is unlocking it and giving everyone the opportunity to experiment. Seeing as how most of the people affected wanted to jump her or his bones it's not same thing as drugging someone and having sex with them while unconscious. Moreover, no one seems to regret anything that happened later. It's supernatural with magical physics that have never been fully explained.
...
If you want to infer the worst in this that's up to you, but it seems like a miserable outlook to have. I choose to read this because I find the story interesting and amusing. And oh yes I do like the fanservice ;)
I disagree with the idea that there is any gray area here. Just because Teddi didn’t know about HER pheromones doesn’t excuse that she knowingly had sex with those under the influence of pheromones. She also had no way of knowing if these girls would later regret it or be (rightfully) upset after the pheromones wore off.

Plus, Teddy’s father seems to regret sleeping with his sister-in-law under the influence of pheromones. And just because the victims are an active participant doesn’t mean they’re consenting—it’s like a supernatural date rape drug. In reality, the idea of these pheromones are horrifying. Imagine being forced to sleep with someone who you normally have no attraction or interest in, even if you’re in love or married to someone else, and having no ability to say no. Marriages broken, relationships ruined, and further horrified that you enjoyed something you normally wouldn’t consent to. It’s a total and complete loss of self agency that could put a normal person through a real mind fuck.

It’s no inferring the worst. It’s simply understanding what consent is, and what it means when consent is taken away.

User avatar
LegendaryKroc
Posts: 801
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:22 am
Location: In the Hall of the Mountain King

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-11-18 I Need to Get Stronger

Post by LegendaryKroc » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:27 am

brasca wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:45 pm
dmra wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:01 am
brasca wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:58 am


I was being facetious with my last comment. In this case there is a dark specter that is likely the demonic side manifesting on its own without Teddy's knowledge. This Teddy knows exactly what he's doing and it's indefensible, however, I don't think this webcomic will go down that route because even though it's a dark comedy sexual assault would be crossing a line that I doubt the creators intend to do.


And that is what I find so tiresome. Teddi used his pheromones to date rape those girls even though she had no idea she had that ability, Charity committed sexual assault by groping Teddi's naked body to provide warmth, Teddy had his way with Chris and the entire football team with pheromones again, Teddi and the strippers sexually assaulted Charity by forcing lap dances upon her, and so on and so forth and so I don't understand why so many people who constantly take issue with all this still read Dangerously Chloe since the plot has been in this territory for almost 3 years.
Don't want to make this to personal but you do realise that this entire post is contradictory don't you?

In the first part you say that "sexual assault would be crossing a line that I doubt the creators intend to do" and in the second you say that "I don't understand why so many people who constantly take issue with all this still read Dangerously Chloe since the plot has been in this territory for almost 3 years."

So how is the Naomi scene crossing a line if the other incidents haven't been? And if you think the creators would be crossing a line with Naomi that they've already effectively crossed multiple times in the last three years why are you still reading?
There are enough gray areas and conveniences that excuse many of the protagonists actions. Teddi didn't know about the pheromones and those girls who attacked him were bullies. We really don't know that much about them. Perhaps the author believes there is a little bi-curiosity in everyone and Teddi or Teddy is unlocking it and giving everyone the opportunity to experiment. Seeing as how most of the people affected wanted to jump her or his bones it's not same thing as drugging someone and having sex with them while unconscious. Moreover, no one seems to regret anything that happened later. It's supernatural with magical physics that have never been fully explained.

Teddy whether he's possessed or acting on his own seems to be fully aware of his powers and knowingly using these so ignorance is no longer an excuse so what happens next is likely to be another convenience to avoid crossing a line with an established character. Maybe Naomi is one of the few people who can resist which wouldn't be that surprising considering all the supernatural stuff she's been exposed to with Prudence or they'll be interrupted.

If you want to infer the worst in this that's up to you, but it seems like a miserable outlook to have. I choose to read this because I find the story interesting and amusing. And oh yes I do like the fanservice ;)
"Gray areas"? "Conveniences"? No, there really aren't. Like Fereshte said, the pheromones take away their options, their choices. It doesn't matter whether we know a lot about them or not, those jocks are being implicitly raped. So is anyone affected by them.

That said, it doesn't surprise me you're still offering silly justifications for what's happening in this comic. Remember this spat, where you tried to say Teddi couldn't help dressing like a stripper she didn't have any modest clothes, and I called bullcrap because she actually said she dresses as she likes and if that was a problem she could just BUY some, and then you tried to argue it was because of succubus blood and reaper ectoplasm influencing her, and I said that was further bullcrap because dress sense is a matter of affordability, cultural influence and personal preference, not biological compulsion? I sure do. Apparently to you succubus blood and reaper ectoplasm can justify fucking ANYTHING, apart from what Evil(?)!Teddy's been up to.

Even if you're right about Dave thinking Everyone is Bi(-curious), well, he's never given that explanation or explained why they don't apply to some people. So we can't accept that as an argument.

And as for that remark about "a miserable outlook"? If Inside Out and We Happy Few have taught us anything it's that there's nothing wrong with being sad, afraid or angry about something and that enforced positivity will not solve your problems for you. If you don't acknowledge there's a problem, you can't fix it. Wish we could say as much to Dave, but I don't imagine he gives a shit at this point. But even if he doesn't, we're not going to stop giving voice to the problems in this comic.

Post Reply