Dangerously Chloe 1-11-18 FOOM

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

DocMesa

Re: Dangerously Chloe 1-11-18 FOOM

Post by DocMesa »

lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:02 am
Random portals may not be that random. She’s attempting to get to Teddy, but she’s distracted by fighting, her teleportation might just be cycling through everybody she knows. (Yes, I know she knows more people than this. There’s only so much room on a page.)

Also this is a fond reminder for me! I recall a text roleplay I was involved in once wherein I played a megamaniacal evil overlord demon type and wanted to torture a succubus for failure. She was expecting whips and chains and hot irons but I had her do all of Earth’s taxes from the beginning of time to present.
You're a monster. Oo

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

don't mess with taxes!
;)

meps98

Post by meps98 »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 am
Mostly Harmless wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:24 am
Two imaginary strips of latinum says todays complaint will be foot fetishism.
Ironically, by suggesting that, you encouraged me to look at the strip again, which made me realise the image of Chloe and Abby struggling are, barring the first panel, copy-pasted into every panel in which they appear. Granted, publishing deadlines could allow such shortcuts, yet a little variation would've been nice.
Perhaps they are appearing in all 3 locations at the same time. It could also be Abby's uncontrolled powers that are driving the teleportations.

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

brasca wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:35 am

Abby is a full succubus by way of Ilsa's contract. Her soul is the only human thing left. If Chloe hasn't received too much of a sexual energy boost from Teddy and Teddi then I think Abby can hold her own...
Agreed. I was under the impression that Abby is a full grown succubus, even to the point that she’s surpassed Chloe’s issue of losing her virginity. My understanding, at least, was that she’s “full grown,” surpassing Chloe’s teenage stage and thus, should she learn her own abilities, quite powerful. She’s already inept enough to change her body to a full grown woman powerlifter, which also gives her a physical advantage over Chloe, who never seems to shift into anything else anymore.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

It occurs to me that Ilsa’s contract specifically unlocks *all* of Abby’s succubus powers. Which means there may be stuff she can do that even Chloe can’t do yet. We may be seeing that in action.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

vampire hunter D wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:12 am
ok, so what will everyone spend the whole thread complaining about on this one?
The copy/pasted image of chloe and abbey is a good start.

Calaron

Post by Calaron »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:18 am
vampire hunter D wrote:
Well, if you insist. Presumably you'd like a minor detail to be "exaggerated" about? In that case... Pandora's pointless panty shot in last panel, even though she should be falling more similarly to Ilsa, rather than upside down for the sake of fanservice.
While acknowledging the obvious purpose of the panty shot, I think the table tipping over like that might be dragging Pandora to the floor upside down, while Ilsa was not touching it at the time.

Also worth mentioning that this seems to be the first page I can recall wherein Charity is actually enjoying herself, no doubt to put some counterweight to the concerns about mutual consent.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

meps98 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:17 pm
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 am
Mostly Harmless wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:24 am
Two imaginary strips of latinum says todays complaint will be foot fetishism.
Ironically, by suggesting that, you encouraged me to look at the strip again, which made me realise the image of Chloe and Abby struggling are, barring the first panel, copy-pasted into every panel in which they appear. Granted, publishing deadlines could allow such shortcuts, yet a little variation would've been nice.
Perhaps they are appearing in all 3 locations at the same time. It could also be Abby's uncontrolled powers that are driving the teleportations.
Maybe, but I doubt it. The fact the image is rotated each time implies a continuous action, rather than a minor omnipresence; the characters are all in the same city, not on different parts of the globe, after all. So, the simple rotation of the same image suggests laziness in the execution of artwork.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Calaron wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:28 pm
OllieOrOlly wrote:
vampire hunter D wrote:
Well, if you insist. Presumably you'd like a minor detail to be "exaggerated" about? In that case... Pandora's pointless panty shot in last panel, even though she should be falling more similarly to Ilsa, rather than upside down for the sake of fanservice.
While acknowledging the obvious purpose of the panty shot, I think the table tipping over like that might be dragging Pandora to the floor upside down, while Ilsa was not touching it at the time.

Also worth mentioning that this seems to be the first page I can recall wherein Charity is actually enjoying herself, no doubt to put some counterweight to the concerns about mutual consent.
Oh, right, good eye! I honestly didn't recognise Charity with her hair down, no glasses, and no shirt... Also, panties on the head. I don't think mutual consent was the issue, so much as Teddi entirely corrupting an angel; as others noted, the angels that hooked up with Pandora were fine, but that's likely due to the fact they believed Pandora was another angel, not a human that is forbidden for an angel to have dalliance with. Also, another problem is that the strip club is looking more like a brothel, rather than, well, a strip club - even if just for one client, it breaches all kinds of standards.

brasca

Post by brasca »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:57 am
Calaron wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:28 pm
OllieOrOlly wrote:

Oh, right, good eye! I honestly didn't recognise Charity with her hair down, no glasses, and no shirt... Also, panties on the head. I don't think mutual consent was the issue, so much as Teddi entirely corrupting an angel; as others noted, the angels that hooked up with Pandora were fine, but that's likely due to the fact they believed Pandora was another angel, not a human that is forbidden for an angel to have dalliance with. Also, another problem is that the strip club is looking more like a brothel, rather than, well, a strip club - even if just for one client, it breaches all kinds of standards.
Corrupting an angel? It's an awakening. Charity was given a chance to live it up with lap dances and after some inner conflict she's gotten into it. There may be a lot of naked people there, but as long as there isn't any groping then everyone is playing by the standard strip club rules. And this really isn't as bad as what those other angels were doing. Sure they weren't aware they were having sex with a succubus, but sexual activity even between angels seems forbidden. And Zachuriel has knowingly had sex with Pandora repeatedly. Additionally, there are rules against fraternizing with humans, but it appears there are loopholes such as Prudence being Naomi's guardian angel. And as we've seen Charity found excuses to warm up Teddi with her hands when she came in naked from the cold as well as took a bath with her. It was in the interest of helping her, but there certainly were perks. That being said I doubt her superiors would excuse cavorting with strippers, but it's possible she's reconciled that since she's temporarily human what happens on the mortal realm stays on the mortal realm.

If she doesn't lose her wings over all this she might be a better angel when all is said and done. She's the most competent I've seen, but sexual frustration is her key weakness. The last time she tussled with Pandora all she had to say was "fornicate" to shut her down. Next time around I can see Charity shrugging that off, embracing Pandora for an open mouthed kiss, and then tasering her before she realizes what's up.

And if she does lose her wings she can enroll in Artemis Academy. I totally ship her and Gabrielle. ;)