Dangerously Chloe 25-10-18 Had an Awakening

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Fluffy

Re: Dangerously Chloe 25-10-18 Had an Awakening

Post by Fluffy »

lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:41 am
I’m not sure angels *can* fall in this universe. At least not by way of exploring physical pleasures. We know of at least one that bangs a succubus on the regular and his wings are still white as snow.

I find that interesting, actually. It’s implied that we’re dealing with the Christian god here, but in this universe he doesn’t appear to be a jerk about sex. Gay sex would appear to be a-ok, the only problem with premarital sex would appear to be the possibility of children before you’re ready for them, his holy servants can bang each other to their hearts content without repercussions...
The God in this universe probably had one look at how stupid the populace as a whole (angels, humans and demons) became, threw His hands up and said 'That's it! I'm out!'; and the populace as a whole were just too wrapped up in their own carnal stupidity that they failed to notice.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

rogermart wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:38 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:48 am

The supposed dichotomy of Ted and Teddi is already muddled, but makes it more so with the "angelic" Teddi encouraging, hell, showering lust over Charity, which would cause her to become a fallen angel.
Considering the male angels have a lot of sex (and not just with angels) and have been seen lusting for Pandora (not
with her Chastity disguise, but herself), and they're still angels, so I think Charity will still be an angel.
I think the key ingredient I forgot to note is that Charity is seemingly being hooked up with humans, and angels mating with humans is one of the worst crimes they can commit. While the mythology of the strip is vague at best, it can be presumed there is a Judeo-Christian template - in it, perhaps magical beings are allowed to intersect (thus, no falling angels that hooked up with Pandora; although, one could argue since she was masquerading as an angel, if there is a taboo on angel-demon relationships, they could be spared because as far as they knew, she was an angel, too), however, there has been no prior displays of angels with humans, therefore, it could be the trigger for banishment from the celestial ranks.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:00 am

Now that this pandering nonsense is done; can we please go back to helping Chloe?
jish55 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:37 am
So, who misses the days where Teddy was just trying to be a high school student with a succubus living at his house and the head cheerleader trying to find out what's going on with him? Seriously, this comic is no longer feeling coherent and just feels like pandering now, and although I've enjoyed a lot of the work, most if it no longer feels solid like it used to.
It's been like this since Teddy was forcibly turned into a girl after his first handjob from a girl awakened Chloe's sexual puberty (so, just over three years?! Seriously, I just checked the date. That arc started on October 5, 2015).
3 years?! Goodness, how time flies when one isn't having fun...

As for the Chloe point... Wishful thinking on our part. Ironically, her reduction to background prop has been the only reason she has been spared the skeevy fate of almost every other major player (player as in character, not the equally applicable synonym for excessively promiscuous).
I guess it doesn't help to dwell on the "ifs," yet it is continually frustrating how the comic could've been an enjoyable little character driven sitcom with some fantasy and dramatic elements, centred around an interesting concept - a succubus with a kind heart and seeming desire for monogamy, rather than becoming a sexual harvester like the norm for her kind. Instead, we're stuck with a super lazy cycle of sleaziness and weak, overused sex jokes, and a different main character who became thoroughly obnoxious and unlikeable.
Also, it is similarly wishful thinking to hope the pandering, as you put it, is over. Chances are, next will be another sexcapade with macho Ted or a post-whatever scene with Charity and Teddi.... I could be wrong, but it is safest to expect the laziest.

dmra

Post by dmra »

It has come to a pretty pass really when the only person who seems to care in the slightest about the titular character chained up in a basement is Abby.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

dmra wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:46 am
It has come to a pretty pass really when the only person who seems to care in the slightest about the titular character chained up in a basement is Abby.
In the beginning of this comic; sure - but, as the comic progressed, Abby became just as selfish/self absorbed as Teddy had become; only showing a passing concern for Chloe's well being when the plot demanded it (usually, when Chloe was visibly suffering).

Otherwise, Abby shows as much concern for Chloe's well being as the rest of the cast do (i.e. - barely; as there's more 'fun' things to be distracted by).

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Oh come on. We had several pages—not that long ago—in which Abby laid on the line exactly what Chloe means to her.

And she means a lot. She loves her like a big sister, looks up to her, broke down into tears when Chloe was willing to sacrifice for her, the whole bit.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:17 pm
Oh come on. We had several pages—not that long ago—in which Abby laid on the line exactly what Chloe means to her.

And she means a lot. She loves her like a big sister, looks up to her, broke down into tears when Chloe was willing to sacrifice for her, the whole bit.
And just as quickly signed an infernal contract, despite her 'big sister' screaming 'Don't!' and ignoring her 'big sister' when Chloe wanted to gently/cautiously break the news to Teddy on what Abby had done in order to avoid a freak out (which Abby ruined because - for whatever stupid reason - she believed Chloe was playing a surprise prank on Teddy; which resulted in Teddy kicking Chloe out).

If Abby gave a remote concern about Chloe, you'd think she's ask Slash Stab if there was a way to find her (seeing as she called her soon after the incident to tell her what went down); or wander the town trying to spot her on her own. But, nope! Shopping, watching R rated movies and hitting on her peers were more important to her. The only time Abby showed any thought towards Chloe after that was when Chloe returned to the house to confront Teddy about what went down.

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Idiot Land, where nothing is too stupid to exist. Want to see an angel get her rocks off with strippers? Want to see a succubus who refuses to have sex? How about a comic that's supposed to be wrapping up dragging on with fanservice and dumb gags? Nothing's too stupid for Idiot Land!!! 8-} 8-} 8-}

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:52 am
Yeah, he's obviously a milquetoast Episcopalian version. And/or he's going the full In Nomine "withdraw to the higher Heavens and leave the angels to bollix things up in their various ways" thing.
I’m now imagining Charity breaking into song with “It’s Christmas in Heaven” with the strippers as back up.

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

Dragon Paladin wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:56 pm
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Idiot Land, where nothing is too stupid to exist. Want to see an angel get her rocks off with strippers? Want to see a succubus who refuses to have sex? How about a comic that's supposed to be wrapping up dragging on with fanservice and dumb gags? Nothing's too stupid for Idiot Land!!! 8-} 8-} 8-}
Thank you for this. :))
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

Onyx

Post by Onyx »

Wait, Teddy's been a girl for three years now? The comic can't be running in real time surely. Do the writers even know?

Still I got a quick giggle out of this one. Charity just can't catch a break.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Onyx wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:43 pm
Wait, Teddy's been a girl for three years now? The comic can't be running in real time surely. Do the writers even know?

Still I got a quick giggle out of this one. Charity just can't catch a break.
Three years, readers time. In universe, Teddy was a girl for maybe a few months, at most.

Still, that's three years (real time) that has been largely dedicated to Teddy's sexual escapades. That's more than a little excessive; considering he isn't even the title character (and, no - looking like Chloe, with short hair and bushy eyebrows - doesn't count).

meps98

Post by meps98 »

Perhaps some distinctions need to be made. There is a difference between becoming "God" and "a god". The use of the term "God" carries a lot of baggage with it, including the specific morality/precepts/rules/liturgy of a particular religion. Being "a god" only refers to a certain level of power and abilities. If someone is "a god", they bring their own morality/rules/objectives to the table, including the definition of good and evil.
When Teddy had his awakening after sex with Al and went looking for the football team, what was his motivation? Was it to corrupt them? To teach them a lesson? Looking for a good time? We only saw one encounter but there was no use of force. Perhaps a little bit of intimidation due to Teddy's physique but no force. Maybe there was the pheromone effect but that's not clear either. What does seem clear is that all parties enjoyed themselves. If that is true, where is the intrinsic evil? I think Teddy was just looking for a good time and spread joy wherever he went.
Likewise, when Teddi achieved her higher level of consciousness, she tapped into the universal consciousness, becoming one with it all and aware of the wants and desires of all those around her. She seems to have read Charity's inner desire's and arranged to fulfill them without any concern about her religious precepts. Should Teddi have taken into consideration how the temptations she was offering to Charity would create conflict with her religious beliefs? Maybe, but that's not something a god worries about; gods are big picture creatures. They don't sweat the small stuff.
In short, the actions of both Teddy and Teddi when under the influence of their supernatural aspects seem to be similar in both effect and motive. They both want to be happy and make others happy, even though in doing so, they may leave a lot of damage in the wake of their passing.

dmra

Post by dmra »

meps98 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:41 pm

When Teddy had his awakening after sex with Al and went looking for the football team, what was his motivation? Was it to corrupt them? To teach them a lesson? Looking for a good time? We only saw one encounter but there was no use of force. Perhaps a little bit of intimidation due to Teddy's physique but no force. Maybe there was the pheromone effect but that's not clear either. What does seem clear is that all parties enjoyed themselves. If that is true, where is the intrinsic evil? I think Teddy was just looking for a good time and spread joy wherever he went.
We only saw that one person enjoyed it. How likely is it really that all the members of a football team were closet bisexuals/gay? And if even one of them wasn't then Teddy must have done something to them to make them go along with him. Whether that was force or supernatural means who knows but it's a hell of a stretch to think that all of them gave consent in any meaningful sense of the term.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

It’s probably more like, he’s a god. His Charisma is likely through the roof, so he’ll have a much easier time getting what he wants from mortals. Failing your Will save vs Seduction isn’t the same as not getting a Will save vs Seduction.

Note: Not that I’m defending him. That half of Teddy is quite clearly Evil-aligned.

Double Note: Come to think of it, we could look at Teddy/Teddi through the Alignment lens a bit more. Teddi might be Good, but it could be a Chaotic Good. White-Winged Teddi may be making up the rules of what is Good as she goes.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling