Dangerously Chloe 22-10-18 Baring My Soul

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

dmra

Re: Dangerously Chloe 22-10-18 Baring My Soul

Post by dmra »

Which was about two hours over several weeks/months. Not somebody I'd want to rely on.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

If it suited the writer, I’m sure that she could be competent for a thousand years. As it clearly suits the writer more to go for cheap laughs, I’m sure that she’ll mostly carry on being an idiot.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Most of life is cheap laughs.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Remember Slash-Stab considered angelic death-squads to be a realistic threat for anyone violating the rules too blatantly.
Not to mention Charity managed to be quite threatening once she was sufficiently riled up, and even klutzy innocent Prudence is in possession of a powerful weapon and tricks and gizmos that can be quite useful in battle.
... And Charity could have called in the supernatural equivalent of a tactical nuclear strike if her hormones hadn't gotten the better of her.

Even if there aren't angelic legions distinct from the angels we've already seen, I would not underestimate the forces of Heaven's ability to kick **** and take names.

dmra

Post by dmra »

It's of course possible that none of the angels we've seen are representative of the really skilled ones but Charity and the rest were meant to be capable of carrying out investigations and apprehending a dangerous fugitive. So you'd think they'd be at least minimally competent by Heaven's standards.

Of course the authors can do what they like and they haven't shown much regard for consistency over the life of the comic so they might very well do so. It's just that I think a proper serious war between Heaven and Hell would be too much of a tonal shift to be credible even for this comic.

The most I'd expect to see is some kind of stand off which ends up being resolved by some kind of deus ex machina. Especially now as Teddy/i presumably could happily be the deus who provides the machina.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It’s conceivable that both Heaven and Hell are capable of plausible bluffs, and so each tend to overestimate the other’s abilities, because calling that bluff and getting it wrong would have really, really unpleasant consequences. Happens between mortal powers in real life, after all.

But really I don’t believe that this comic can support this level of analysis. Some fictions manage that degree of consistency and internal logic. Ma3 and its spin-offs get there on good days. DC? Nope, that’s just built on seat-of-the-pants bullshit.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Error of Logic wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:06 pm
Not to mention Charity managed to be quite threatening once she was sufficiently riled up,
And then lost all interest in pursuing the enemy after said enemy threw nudie pics of a barely legal teen at her. same could be same for Zachuriel - who was easily distracted by seeing naked mini angels being flung at his face.
... And Charity could have called in the supernatural equivalent of a tactical nuclear strike if her hormones hadn't gotten the better of her.
And there in is the issue. Angels are not much of a threat when they can be distracted so easily (I get it; angels are sexually repressed. But to be so easily disarmed is just laughable - and not in a funny way).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Not every angel is going to be like Charity... I hope.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

From what we've seen so far, though (Zachuriel having an affair with Pandora, female angels sighing dreamily at bare chested male angels. Male angels easily convinced to make out with each other, group sex with a disguised succubus, etc), I wouldn't hold much hope for them being remotely competent in battle.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

There were those elder councilors, too.

... I'm holding out hope for well-trained, well-disciplined soldiers that keep away from the amusement park and the hormonal young'uns.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Yeah the elder councillors weren't exactly the most dynamic or insightful bunch either http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... nd_accused
Last edited by dmra on Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Fluffy wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:12 pm
From what we've seen so far, though (Zachuriel having an affair with Pandora, female angels sighing dreamily at bare chested male angels. Male angels easily convinced to make out with each other, group sex with a disguised succubus, etc), I wouldn't hold much hope for them being remotely competent in battle.
Ah, they’re just set up to do the Theban Sacred Band thing. Mutual loyalty created by homosexual relationships, leading to unbreakable cohesion in battle.

Honest.
---------
Spidrift

meps98

Post by meps98 »

Cortez wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:20 am
So Teddy has demonic powers and Teddi got the holy powers.
I think it's too early to make that judgement. This is the first time that Teddi has demonstrated any kind of supernatural power since the separation. Teddy had a limited recollection of his activities as a succubus and Teddi's angelic nature manifested once she reached a state of oneness with the universe, a level of higher consciousness. Both of them seem to be neither all good or all evil in their normal conscious states so it is certainly possible that both of them have good and evil sides. Most of the characters in this comic have good and bad sides (with the possible exceptions of Slash-stab, Pandora -- and Abby). Under other circumstances, Teddy's good side could manifest just as Teddi'e has done, and vice versa. Too soon to tell.

MissMadness

Post by MissMadness »

Yeah I wouldn't assume they'd have a serious war considering this comic but I can see a war as in "oh this is a super big thing going on" and then it's ended super quicky which would lead to another arc. Which something like that literally just happened a couple a strips ago.

As for the angels, it's rule of dumb, everyone is kinda dumb/silly until the they decide to move the plot. Once thats done it's time for the dumb again.

dmra

Post by dmra »

What seems to have been overlooked so far is the Reaper component of this new god. We've seen male, female human, succubus, angel and Life (through Teddi now being able to get pregnant) but nothing yet of the Death side of things.

Assuming the authors haven't forgotten about that then presumably at some point that side should manifest soon and I wouldn't want to be around when it does.