Dangerously Chloe 15-10-18 Sneak into My Room

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Fluffy

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-10-18 Sneak into My Room

Post by Fluffy »

rogermart wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:58 am
1. Teddy knows that succubus blood is inmune to human diseases, because the first time Chloe injected him with her blood was to cure him from a cold.

2. Teddi until now didn't have a fully functional reproductive system, she was only girl-shaped, even down there, so it's like a handjob (if the hand has the shape of a vagina), and how low is the risk of getting STDs with a handjob?

So I'm giving Teddy the benefit of the doubt, either she figured it out that her insides were not really the insides or she already knew from past experience that sucubbus blood is inmune to human diseases (and I guess reaper ectoplasm is too).
All that aside, it's still an incredibly stupid risk to take - as, despite having succubus blood in his veins, Teddy was still very much human (and, if he wasn't, the majority of his lovers were and thought he was, too). So, not using condoms when screwing around still makes Teddy (and all his lovers) incredibly stupid people.

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:42 am

Hey, unfair to Jung. The whole point of that scene was that Ramona realised afterwards that he had used a condom, so deftly that she didn’t notice (despite them being a pair of virgins engaged in a passionate first time). It was only afterwards that they both determined that it was superfluous.
Sorry, that's my bad! For whatever reason, I read it as they didn't realize they hadn't used one until after the act was over (I think it was due to Ruby's comments about Ramona being intersexed and not having to worry about pregnancy that threw me off).

Thanks for the correction. :)
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

One point I’d make: We’re all kinda leaping to the assumption that no protection got used ever. I find it highly unlikely that, even if Teddi didn’t come prepared, that all the guys didn’t either.

I think we’re reading too much into the choice of words used to sell the punchline here.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

But it's a very odd thing for Teddi to say; considering it implies Teddy (when his body was morphed to look like a girl) didn't realize that sex had consequences prior to having a fully functioning reproductive tract. He's (or, in this case, she's) old enough to know that getting pregnant isn't the only possible consequence when having sex.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Could female Teddy get pregnant through male Teddy's "bottoming" escapades?

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Fluffy wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:27 pm
But it's a very odd thing for Teddi to say; considering it implies Teddy (when his body was morphed to look like a girl) didn't realize that sex had consequences prior to having a fully functioning reproductive tract. He's (or, in this case, she's) old enough to know that getting pregnant isn't the only possible consequence when having sex.
Well again, I’m quite sure Teddi did, in fact, know that. I think it’s just meant as the last panel gag.

You see, it is in the nature of these comics that the characters will often say things that don’t always make perfect sense. This is done in service to the idea that they are meant to be humorous. :P
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

dmra

Post by dmra »

And there's nothing wrong with humour. But the problem is when you sacrifice character consistency to "funny" then it's very hard to care about the characters.

It's obviously still possible to enjoy something where character isn't important but I find that caring at least a bit about the people I'm reading about adds layers to the experience that it just being humorous doesn't bring.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Wait. People suddenly care that character consistency dies for gags here sometimes... Have they been reading ma3?... Cause Ma3 used to do it pretty often.

Considering that this comic had someone wear a rubber glove as std protection for a handjob, it would be odd for people to not use condoms. I'm pretty sure that it's just that pregnancy was never on the line before should a condom break, and Teddi got freaked out thinking about it.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Mandy wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:29 pm
Wait. People suddenly care that character consistency dies for gags here sometimes... Have they been reading ma3?... Cause Ma3 used to do it pretty often.

Considering that this comic had someone wear a rubber glove as std protection for a handjob, it would be odd for people to not use condoms. I'm pretty sure that it's just that pregnancy was never on the line before should a condom break, and Teddi got freaked out thinking about it.
But that's the thing - even if they were using rubbers the entire time Teddi was slamming/getting slammed by numerous partners, as far as as any of them knew, there was still a risk of condoms breaking and something other than pregnancy happening.

To have Teddi (now that she's an actual girl with all the working parts) freaking out over the consequences of sex (in this case, pregnancy) makes her look like a moron; seeing as there's more than just pregnancy one should be concerned about when having sex.

Should be interesting to see if the writer has Teddi explain to Chros why she's suddenly concerned about having sex after weeks of happily spreading her legs to interested parties; though I wouldn't be surprised if that conversation is dodged, entirely.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Mandy wrote:
And MA3 has usually been funnier when the comedy was based consistently on the characters rather than from them acting completely out of character.

Not that the characters have to be one dimensional. People in real life often aren't 100% consistent but there are limits.

If a joke depended on the fact that Pandora, another succubus or even Abby was volunteering in a soup kitchen while it might be funny it would probably strike a lot of readers as being off somehow. If it was about Chloe or (original) Teddy working there readers wouldn't find it as jarring.

As I've said before if the authors don't care about the characters they've created why should the readers? And if readers don't care they don't get as involved in the story and it's less good because of it.

meps98

Post by meps98 »

It is the rare sex comedy that acknowledges the existence of either STD's or birth control unless the unplanned pregnancy trope is played.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Fluffy wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:06 pm
Mandy wrote:

But that's the thing - even if they were using rubbers the entire time Teddi was slamming/getting slammed by numerous partners, as far as as any of them knew, there was still a risk of condoms breaking and something other than pregnancy happening.

To have Teddi (now that she's an actual girl with all the working parts) freaking out over the consequences of sex (in this case, pregnancy) makes her look like a moron; seeing as there's more than just pregnancy one should be concerned about when having sex.

Should be interesting to see if the writer has Teddi explain to Chros why she's suddenly concerned about having sex after weeks of happily spreading her legs to interested parties; though I wouldn't be surprised if that conversation is dodged, entirely.

Teens are dumb. Also, when someone breaks a condom, first thing they think is "oh no! Pregnancy!"... Even though they're one plan b pill away from a resolution... Where some stds could be more worrisome long-term.

It's dumb prioritization, but people are dumb. Plus, current Teddi is probably the angelic half and thus not thinking quite as much with her clit... Her complaining about Chris sneaking into her room is probably meant to make that much clear to people.

MissMadness

Post by MissMadness »

Like already pointed out, Teddi never had to worry about it before hand. He had a free pass to have all the sex he wanted with none of the problems, which he was aware of. For quite sometime at that. Now she remembers the Al's comment from last night and remembers she now has consquences to deal with. It has been been a day since the god thing happened so that little fact was pushed asside in her mind until now. I know it's easy to jump on the Teddi is stupid train all things considered but in this case, no thankfully this doens't seem like the case. Unless she keeps going which that doesn't seem like it at the moment.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... candidates

... In case anybody forgot that little piece of hinting at using protection every step of the way, including gloves. Weirdly enough.

This is entirely about Teddi being angelic now instead of demonic and therefore less likely to leap on sexual temptation. Teddi is much more modest and concerned with repercussions now.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

This comic is the only place I’ve ever, ever heard of somebody wearing a rubber glove to give somebody else a handy, by the way.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

lordoffiling wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:13 am
This comic is the only place I’ve ever, ever heard of somebody wearing a rubber glove to give somebody else a handy, by the way.
There's probably a very good reason you don't really see it anywhere else. Everyone in this comic is batshit insane.
**== **== **== **==