Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

JoybuzzerX

Re: Dangerously Chloe 11-10-18 Worried About Chloe

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:04 am
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:48 am
Maybe you'll be more accepting of people in 2019 :)
So, according to you, people who say incest is gross - fictional or otherwise, and no matter what the age of the characters are - or that a character was forced to say he had gender reassignment surgery because he had no other excuse to explain how he was suddenly a girl, are intolerant bigots?

Whatever, kiddo - you believe what you want. 8-|
Well, in 2018, when one says something is gross, fictional or otherwise, when it comes to relationships of adults, are in fact, intolerant bigots. That's why it's weird to see so many intolerant people on these forums. It's 2018 people. :/

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@JoybuzzerX: Since when does saying incest is gross make someone a bigot? 'cuz I'm pretty sure there are laws against it, especially when it comes to immediate family. :-\

dmra

Post by dmra »

Gotoh wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:09 pm
@JoybuzzerX: Since when does saying incest is gross make someone a bigot? 'cuz I'm pretty sure there are laws against it, especially when it comes to immediate family. :-\
@Gotoh since the first of January obviously. Or don't you know it's 2018? Up until 31 December 2017 it was OK to find incest wrong but then the new year started and we should all have become tolerant and enlightened.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

dmra wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:27 pm
Gotoh wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:09 pm
@Gotoh since the first of January obviously. Or don't you know it's 2018? Up until 31 December 2017 it was OK to find incest wrong but then the new year started and we should all have become tolerant and enlightened.
And, if we're not; we're clearly discriminating. 8-|
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

dmra

Post by dmra »

I've never understood the "but it's 2018" argument. It seems to presuppose that human cultural evolution is some sort of linear thing and as time goes past we should all automatically become more and more liberal and tolerant of any and everything. Almost as if we're on some sort of timetable but not all of us have managed to keep up with the really enlightened.

Sadly things don't work like that and humanity is just as inclined to go backwards as it is forwards even on issues which aren't as tied up with practical as well as moral objections as incest is.

I have a similar failure to understand the "but how can anybody believe in God now we've been into Space?" people. I'm not a believer myself but if I was I don't see how the fact that we can get outside of Earth's orbit would be any more relevant to that than the invention of the ballpoint pen.