Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

brasca

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-10-18 The Crazy Dream

Post by brasca »

vampire hunter D wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:09 am
Know what, I'm not waiting

Don’t be that way. Just block the most tedious posters.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:16 pm
I'll honestly be amazed if Teddy/i remembers that Chloe's issue needs to be resolved before Christmas.
It feels a bit odd that while MA3 is coming to an end and seems to be doing nothing but pair off the characters DC is doing it's best to keep the natural couple apart and pretty much destroy the love story that it started out as.

I can't remember now how much longer DC has to run but the way the stories been going lately I can't see it ending plausibly with Chloe and Teddy going off happily into the sunset

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Honestly, i hope they don't end up together at this point. There's more development between Alchemy & Teddy than with Chloe & Teddy.
Last edited by Cortez on Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

I've got my fingers crossed for Teddy x Chloe x Alchemy.

... Hm. I wonder if he was more susceptible to the "dark side" because his "light side" was asleep? (I'm assuming that Teddi is gonna sprout angel wings in the near.)
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Cortez wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:33 pm
Honestly, i hope they don't end up together at this point. There's more development between Alchemy and Teddy than with Chloe & Teddy.
Agreed, 100%

I also don't want Teddy (or Teddi) to be the one to 'save' Chloe, either. After everything he's done to others for the sake of being her 'hero', his character has been irredeemably tainted, as a result (I'm rooting for Lucretia to save the day).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

blackdaggr

Post by blackdaggr »

I'm actually a little surprised that no one has pointed out some rather disturbing problems:

Teddy just sexually assaulted the entire football team. There is no way that they all were gay/bi, so the sex could not have been consensual (and consent while drugged - whether its on alcohol, drugs, or super-phermones - is not consent).

Teddy has already had a "what have I been doing?" moment, but to see him slide right back into this morass shows he's not only not growing, but getting worse.

Unfortunately, one of the leading causes of straight men feeling uncomfortable (or biased) against gay men is the fear of homosexual rape or "conversion". Gay men have had to do a lot of work to show they can be trusted alongside their straight male colleagues and friends, decades of demonstrating good behavior to show they can be trusted. Now this strip (and the previous one) has thrown this out the window. Can gay/bi men be trusted? Not if they're named Teddy (apologies to any real homosexual men with that given name).

In addition, one other important fact: These characters are still minors. The fact that they are playing football means this taking place in the fall, and most seniors would not have had their 18th birthday (assuming the education system is the same as it is in the US). Now think of what a parent would think about their son (or daughter) having suffered this.

In the real world, the coach would likely be fired (suspected of abusing the children), the school would be part of a major scandal, etc. But parents are completely absent in this 'verse. Reality check anyone?

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

@blackdaggr - the 'age of consent' thing doesn't apply here; as it's a teenage boy having sex with his peers. Everything else, though - yeah; it's incredibly skivvy.

What bugs me is that- much like they had when Teddy was a girl - they're trying to give him an out so his actions are forgivable based on plausible deniability (when it came to the girls - he was well aware the girls were under the influence of a succubus and justified his taking advantage of their susceptible state by convincing himself that he was just helping them 'get it out of their system'. When it came to the jocks, first it was being in firm denial over the undeniable outcome of setting Chloe up with a mortal male (despite being repeatedly warned by a sexually experienced succubus of the reality of the situation); and now, his actions were 'all a weird dream', so he can't be held accountable for any of it happening.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

At the risk of being considered dismissive or thought police, I noticed some complaints about negative comments in the forums, which seem to ignore a basic fact - something good can get negative feedback, so it is only expected that something increasingly awful will get worse feedback.

Bit of hijacking here, I've been watching a review/retrospective on the TV show Charmed, which has some odd parallels to DC: changed from what original premise was into a cycle of boring plots with narcissistic and irredeemably unpleasant characters; relied on cheap fanservice to compensate for poorly written or executed plots; discarded a main character early in the overall run (though, in the case of Charmed, it was due to a clash of actor egos, rather than plain bad writing); set in a supernatural universe in which powers are abused for skeevy purposes; has some supposed "support" of ideologies that all fail because the characters that champion the message are morally repugnant; the horrific flaws of main characters are either ignored or are meant to be taken as *noble* or quirky.
There isn't really a point for bringing this up, I simply found it interesting how the products are quite similar, considering the difference in their mediums and means.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:11 pm
Cortez wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:33 pm
Honestly, i hope they don't end up together at this point. There's more development between Alchemy and Teddy than with Chloe & Teddy.
Agreed, 100%

I also don't want Teddy (or Teddi) to be the one to 'save' Chloe, either. After everything he's done to others for the sake of being her 'hero', his character has been irredeemably tainted, as a result (I'm rooting for Lucretia to save the day).
There are three outcomes that wouldn't be satisfactory, but neither has the majority of the run, so: it was all a dream, from the moment Teddy touched the artefact (or whatever he did that summoned Chloe) was a vision it gave him and maybe Chloe too, so she would realise that she shouldn't get involved with him; time travel, some big magical time thing to undo everything so Teddy doesn't die in the first place, so isn't resurrected as a succubus abomination, which lead down this tedious, smut-laden sewer; and finally, everything still happens, and Armageddon occurs, so they are all wiped away...

Another theory I've been mulling over is that maybe the series is an elaborate Faustian story to have a character that was innocent to be damned, but then behave in a way and do things that make their damnation deserved; with the irony being if they weren't damned in the first place, they wouldn't have chosen a path that made them a monster.
That's probably giving the writers of this schlock too much credit, but it is a possibility.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Yet another loss of the field to ass-comedy. It diminishes us all.

What IS it about these strips and jokes about buttsex anyway? Does the author have repressed fantasies he's trying to share with us in the most awkward way possible?
Fluffy wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:24 am
I don't have any issue with gay couples or sex in general; I would just like to see an update that doesn't revolve around gratuitous, barely PG13 nudity (seriously - unless it's mandatory in order to advance the plot, what's the point in adding it in?).
Oh, how this reminds me of those users I'm not even gonna name who accused you of being a sexually-repressed religious zealot for not wanting to see kids get it on in this comic. Except, y'know, you're in the middle of proving them wrong.

brasca

Post by brasca »

If they switch back to Sticky Dilly Buns this week it would be so cool if we see a blushing Ruby reading the latest Dangerously Chloe.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

brasca wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:01 am
If they switch back to Sticky Dilly Buns this week it would be so cool if we see a blushing Ruby reading the latest Dangerously Chloe.
Why would a fujoshi like Ruby read DC? The comic is largely hetero/Yuri based and the brief moment of Yaoi you do see largely takes place off screen. Two strips involving shirtless guys and implied gay sex (which happens off screen) would hardly be something the likes of Ruby would waste her time/money on.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Well this chapter would be worth a look, but yes more than likely this is the kind of series Zii would follow.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Frankly, I like to credit the Ma3-universe cast with better taste... Ruby certainly likes to sustain the claim that she reads yaoi for the stories.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:29 pm
Frankly, I like to credit the Ma3-universe cast with better taste... Ruby certainly likes to sustain the claim that she reads yaoi for the stories.
Is it so wrong to want a scene with Ruby fawning over Alchemy and Teddy? Even better would be her exclaiming “forget Chloe, Alchemy is better for you Teddy.