Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

dmra

Re: Dangerously Chloe 1-10-18 Craving for Men

Post by dmra »

Gotoh wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:35 pm
dmra wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:33 pm
And did you see Ace/Blair's and Kade's faces when Brooke was helping Quintessa replace Kade's soul?
Yes, and the only one concerned was Blair, because he thought Quintessa was out to get him, 'til she said she had no interest in him. She wanted him out of Ace's body, which Ace was willing to accept. So...
dmra wrote:
if we accept your interpretation that Teddy was panicking rather than speaking the truth you do realise that Teddy was so upset with Chloe for splitting up his folks that he allowed her to live with him and his sister. That he regularly left Chloe looking after said sister

If you're trying to keep someone from causing trouble, the safest way would be to keep an eye on them. I'm not saying it's his only reason for letting her stay with them, but it's definitely a factor. Also, Teddy's no stranger to shortsightedness and bad decisions. Remember page 1?
So let's ignore Ace/Blair's "I told you she was evil", Brooke's own "Layla you can't" and the expression of Ace's face at the sight of Brooke's obvious false justification. http://www.eeriecuties.com/strips-ec/I_ ... r_I_please

Oh and if Kade was never in any harm why did even Brooke protest about the plan to replace his soul?

If you think somebody is likely to cause"trouble" would you leave your impressionable young sister in their care or you would you make sure they were never in any position of authority or influence over them? Oh but wait. The Teddy who was according to you smart enough to think on his feet to work out that Chloe was "trouble" and come up with a convincing lie to stop her trying to sort our his parent's split is now prone to shortsightedness and making bad decisions.

So to sum up.

If Layla and co forgive Brooke for offering to help replace Kade's soul that's because of her winning personality and obvious virtues. If Teddy forgives Chloe for splitting up his parents that's either down to poor judgement or an act so he can keep an eye on her.

All these mental gymnastics just to avoid admitting that Brooke did something really really bad and stupid.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Gotoh wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:35 pm
dmra wrote:
And did you see Ace/Blair's and Kade's faces when Brooke was helping Quintessa replace Kade's soul?
Yes, and the only one concerned was Blair, because he thought Quintessa was out to get him, 'til she said she had no interest in him. She wanted him out of Ace's body, which Ace was willing to accept. So...
So, it would be considered another intended sacrifice - seeing as a soul was either going to cease to be or be displaced, entirely (so, yeah - Blair had every reason to be freaking out, in that case).

Also, a few strips later, both Kade and Ace were asking to be untied when Quintessa starts freaking out (due to the inner battle taking place in Layla's head). True, it was as an offer to help Brooke deal with the situation - but it would also mean they'd be free from their respective binds - saving them from their collective fates (which Brooke was unwilling to do). But, lo and behold, she didn't think twice about following Blair's advice in giving Layla mouth to mouth, even though it was obviously a situation that didn't call for it.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:04 pm
So, it would be considered another intended sacrifice - seeing as a soul was either going to cease to be or be displaced, entirely (so, yeah - Blair had every reason to be freaking out, in that case).
...and no one cared. The strip I linked to and the final one proved it. They couldn't be rid of him soon enough, because all he ever did was annoy them and cause trouble.
Fluffy wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:04 pm
Also, a few strips later, both Kade and Ace were asking to be untied when Quintessa starts freaking out (due to the inner battle taking place in Layla's head). True, it was as an offer to help Brooke deal with the situation - but it would also mean they'd be free from their respective binds - saving them from their collective fates (which Brooke was unwilling to do).
For a couple of guys that were supposed to be worried, Ace and Kade seemed pretty chill in that scene. Contrast that with Ace's reaction to this.
dmra wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:54 pm
If you think somebody is likely to cause"trouble" would you leave your impressionable young sister in their care or you would you make sure they were never in any position of authority or influence over them?
That's easy enough: the first part was common sense, the other requires long-term thinking. Keeping Chloe close is safer than leaving her or Abby unattended. Then again, the same guy left his sister unattended so he could break into a museum and risk getting himself arrested - all so he could look at a clockwork duck. So he definitely isn't genius material, but anyone can have occasional moments of clarity, or brilliance (like a certain blonde wannabe vampire slayer).
dmra wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:54 pm
All these mental gymnastics just to avoid admitting that Brooke did something really really bad and stupid.
None needed since I've already said that at least five times. But it was still only a minor infraction.

dmra

Post by dmra »

And the fact that you think conniving with an evil vampire queen to replace a person's soul is a "minor infraction" is something we'll just have to disagree over.

Just one thing though. You argue that Brooke's "minor infraction" was so largely because nobody suffered any lasting consequences from it and Brooke was forgiven quickly by her friends.

Which reasoning suggests that Faith in MC was a far worse person than Cerise. Because Faith had (unintentionally) been using the power of the school to seduce girls and teachers and to bolster her power as head girl she had to resign and give up everything she'd worked for. In contrast Cerise - despite the whole mind controlling an entire school, imprisoning the staff and plotting mass murder thing - suffered no real punishment at all and was forgiven by her friends.

So, as I said, using your own logic that Brooke is a better person than Chloe because what matters isn't intentions but outcomes then Cerise must be a better person than Faith and attempted murder is less serious than magical seduction.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

dmra wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:31 pm
And the fact that you think conniving with an evil vampire queen to replace a person's soul is a "minor infraction"
Relatively speaking, yes.

Also, you originally said:
dmra wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:35 pm
nobody has ever claimed Brooke actively plotted to harm Kade

...now you're saying she was. Pick one.
dmfa wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:31 pm
then Cerise must be a better person than Faith and attempted murder is less serious than magical seduction.
Different person, different topic, and one I'm not getting blamed for again.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Different person exactly the same logic.

Your own arguments to justify your view of Brooke shows that you should also think Cerise is a better person than Faith.

Basically you can't excuse both Brooke and Faith when you argue that one is a good girl because she suffers no consequences for doing something bad while also claiming that the other is a good girl when she does suffer consequences for doing something bad.

So which is the good girl and which is the villain?

Pick one.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

dmra wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:25 pm
Different person exactly the same logic.
No, it's shifting to an entirely different topic in an attempt to justify your position.
dmra wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:25 pm
Pick one.
I already have. It's a dead horse issue, I'm letting it rest.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Gotoh wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:20 pm
I already have. It's a dead horse issue, I'm letting it rest.
Agreed about the dead horse but I still think you picked two not one.