Dangerously Chloe 13-09-18 Let Me In

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Lokitsu

Re: Dangerously Chloe 13-09-18 Let Me In

Post by Lokitsu »

brasca wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:18 am
I must say that there are a lot of things I've been willing to suspend disbelief for, but this is really pushing the limits. Teddi had no problem sunbathing or wearing spring fashion, but now she's freezing. I know it's at night, but it can't be that cold. :-??
I might be stretching the metaphors a bit, but when I read Teddi's speech bubble in panel two, I thought she was referring more to wanting to be back inside Teddy. I'm serious- sometimes I accidentally read text out of order and in this case, I missed the door knock. I figured it out in a moment, but then I thought "Teddi's lines really could be taken two ways and one sounds like a ghost or a spirit ripped out of its body." Maybe Teddy is suffering from the pain/shock of being split in two... or maybe (s)he's just cold.

As for Charity's stunt: anyone who sees a person in major discomfort and thinks "Wow, she's sexy. I've gotta cop a feel of that" is a sick individual. Charity is definitely on the path to damnation.

dmra

Post by dmra »

brasca wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:21 pm
Torturing demons is an exception to this rule and why not? Demons are banished to a realm of eternal torment by the Almighty so as long as the tortured is a demon it’s legal.
Not sure quite what legal principles you're referring to there. Certainly the male angel didn't look too approving. Mind you he was having an affair with the person being tortured so it might have skewed his judgement.

The basic point though is that the angels we've seen in the comic have repeatedly been fallible and shown a remarkable range of sins (lust, gluttony, wrath and so on). They may have wings and halos but they don't really have a great claim to superior morality.

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... compassion

brasca

Post by brasca »

dmra wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:07 pm
brasca wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:21 pm
Torturing demons is an exception to this rule and why not? Demons are banished to a realm of eternal torment by the Almighty so as long as the tortured is a demon it’s legal.
Not sure quite what legal principles you're referring to there. Certainly the male angel didn't look too approving. Mind you he was having an affair with the person being tortured so it might have skewed his judgement.

The basic point though is that the angels we've seen in the comic have repeatedly been fallible and shown a remarkable range of sins (lust, gluttony, wrath and so on). They may have wings and halos but they don't really have a great claim to superior morality.

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... compassion
They may be fallible, but considering what demons like Ilsa, Lucretia, and Torrid are like I’ll take the company of angels any day.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

You and me both, Brasca. You and me both...
FuzzyFace wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:26 pm
Dragon Paladin wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:40 am
Ok, how is Charity not a fallen angel at this point? She's lied, she let Prudence take the blame for her, and now she's molesting someone while claiming that it's "god's love".
An ongoing "joke" in this strip appears to be that the angels are generally sexually repressed, so this is nothing new.
To me, most of them seemed more sexually inexperienced, and not generally in any need to gain such experience. The only reason they've been getting frisky in this comic is that Pandora was stirring **** up during her intrusions into Heaven.

dmra

Post by dmra »

brasca wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:33 pm
They may be fallible, but considering what demons like Ilsa, Lucretia, and Torrid are like I’ll take the company of angels any day.
The lesser of two evils is still an evil. I'd rather have a chest infection than pneumonia but on the whole I'd prefer to have neither.

Actually, as Spidrift, pointed out the angels in this comic are not particularly different from humans. So nowhere near as bad as the demons but still not exactly without sin and hardly beings to look up to as paragons of virtue.

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

There's "sexually repressed", and then there's being a creep. I just hate Charity. I honestly think she's the worst character, with Teddi as a close second. I dislike her even more than Pandora. At least Pandora knows she's a jerk, and the sheer audacity and trollishness of her asshole behavior can be humorous. Charity is just a hypocritical, self-rightous asshole. The kind i don't find funny at all, because i know people like her. She's the first to judge others for the slightest misstep and the last to accept blame. She throws people under the bus, like she did when she took Prudence's halo, which ended up getting Prudy in trouble. It was her selfishness that got her 'friend' in trouble, but she never owned up to what she did. She slut-shamed teddi a few strips ago, and yet here she is feeling her up when she's vulnerable. Yes, she saved several people with her actions, but that in no way changes what a terrible person she is.

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

Also, regarding Teddi being cold, there's a new invention called a blanket. It's very usefull for molestation-free warmth.

Ophidiophile

Post by Ophidiophile »

The question that comes to my mind: Is there a third Teddy? Before the split, Teddy was male, female, human, succubus, angel, and reaper. Male and human has shown up; so has female and succubus. Shouldn't there be an angel and reaper Teddy running around as well? Wait, that would be the Angel of Death. Has Alchemy checked her diepad? They may have just made things worse...

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:19 pm
brasca wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:54 am
Gotoh wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:15 am
So you can believe the entire city (excluding Teddy and Co.) failing to notice all sorts of supernatural phenomena taking place out in the open , but not this? :-\
Yes. There’s a perfectly logical reason for all that.
Such as...?
Magick, The Men in Plaid, or whatever explanation there is that the creators didn't have time to include because this webcomic is only posted twice a week so there's no time for exposition.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:02 pm
dmra wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:12 pm
If it was only a one off "little bit of opportunism" that would be one thing. But as well as the things Dragon Paladin mentioned we've seen her torturing prisoners and regularly displaying lust and jealousy. Charity's has hardly ever been shown doing anything "angelic" so she really doesn't have that far to fall.
Susceptible to all of the seven deadly sins, but risks her neck to do the right thing when something important, like saving thousands of lives, is on the line? Sounds like she's becoming dangerously mortal in the terms of this comic.
Which could mean the same rules regarding fraternization are temporarily suspended. I'm still shipping her and Gabrielle. I think they'd be a cute couple ;)

Let us consider all the good deeds Charity has done today:
1. She saved thousands of lives without sacrificing Teddy and at the risk of her own.
2. She saved everyone in the immediate vicinity from possible bodily harm or death when Chloe went feral.
3. She possibly saved Teddy's soul from eternal damnation since that pact is still in effect.
4. And most importantly she's gotten all the people who have complained ad nauseum about how Teddi is a sex offender to forget all about that and hate her. It's really quite the feat.

Yes, Charity should restrain herself since this it's not becoming of an angel, but seriously this one bad deed does not outweigh all the good she's done. 8-|

dmra

Post by dmra »

@Brasca I'm sure you don't mean it that way but you seem to be saying that as long as you're sufficiently "heroic" you can be forgiven for sexually assaulting somebody you feel attracted to. Which in this case would be bad enough if Teddi was in a clear state of mind and capable of defending herself but as she's obviously not it makes it far worse.

And as I and others have pointed out this isn't the only bad thing Charity has done. Which doesn't mean she didn't do good things today but overall her character is a pretty poor one.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Is it sexual assault if Teddi doesn’t mind? She’s in her right mind and never had a problem with giving of herself to satisfy her girl gang’s sexual needs.

And regarding my previous post would you prefer dismemberment, death, and damnation if your hero was gropey? Because I know what choice I’d make.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:08 am
Gotoh wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:19 pm
Such as...?
Magick, The Men in Plaid, or whatever explanation there is that the creators didn't have time to include because this webcomic is only posted twice a week so there's no time for exposition.
Say again? 'cuz exposition only takes 1-2 panels, like the 3rd panel here and the first 3 panels here.

Second, in addition to those scenes, we saw Ace and Brooke try to cover up the incident at the theater. And we saw Cerise take care to use Callista's back window so her neighbors wouldn't see Toby. But each of those instances was in the other two comics. Not in DC, where no one seems to care about discretion anymore.
Last edited by Gotoh on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

brasca wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:25 am
Is it sexual assault if Teddi doesn’t mind? She’s in her right mind and never had a problem with giving of herself to satisfy her girl gang’s sexual needs.

And regarding my previous post would you prefer dismemberment, death, and damnation if your hero was gropey? Because I know what choice I’d make.
Teddy is disoriented and confused, so it's reasonable to assume Teddi is as well. If Charity was intimate in the past with Teddi, then it might be different. But she never was. The two barely have any relationship, especially not one that excuses this behavior. And yes, she did save him and several others, but that doesn't give her a free pass. If a fireman put out a fire and saved dozens of people, then saw a woman tjat he saved who was passed out and ripped off her shirt to grope her breasts, would you be ok with that? Plus, she gets no points for saving Teddi, because the only reason she didn't kill her was because she was turned on by her, not out of any genuine care.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

As I've said before (e.g., when Amber tricked Gary into going down on her), while Chastity's behavior can't be excused, I feel it's wrong to lump her actions here in with the systemic violence that is the rape, and lesser sexual assault, of women by men.

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

brasca wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:25 am

It’s sexual assault if she doesn’t have consent. Teddi is in no place to give consent and anyone who assumes someone would want it just because they’ve had sex with other people in the past is exhibiting some hard core rapist mentality. Charity may have saved people, but she did it for her own personal desires, not out of a want or need to save people. She gropes a person while they’re in a trance. Her “opportunistic” behavior is rapey at best. And she does all this while pretending to be morally superior to everyone else. She’s a horrible person, probably one of the worst in the entire comic.