Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

brasca

Re: Dangerously Chloe 13-09-18 Let Me In

Post by brasca »

Dragon Paladin wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:14 am
brasca wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:25 am
Is it sexual assault if Teddi doesn’t mind? She’s in her right mind and never had a problem with giving of herself to satisfy her girl gang’s sexual needs.

And regarding my previous post would you prefer dismemberment, death, and damnation if your hero was gropey? Because I know what choice I’d make.
Teddy is disoriented and confused, so it's reasonable to assume Teddi is as well. If Charity was intimate in the past with Teddi, then it might be different. But she never was. The two barely have any relationship, especially not one that excuses this behavior. And yes, she did save him and several others, but that doesn't give her a free pass. If a fireman put out a fire and saved dozens of people, then saw a woman tjat he saved who was passed out and ripped off her shirt to grope her breasts, would you be ok with that? Plus, she gets no points for saving Teddi, because the only reason she didn't kill her was because she was turned on by her, not out of any genuine care.
Speaking of firemen if one happened to find a woman engulfed in flames should he put out the fire or get her consent to put out the flames first? By your legalistic lunacy he should let her burn to death rather than risk a sexual assault charge.

You mention bringing Teddi a blanket, but how would Charity know where to find one? It's not like she's been living in the DeCarlo's house for months. Maybe if her angelic powers were at full strength she could pull a blanket and a cup of hot chocolate out of her halo, but all she has is two warm hands. I suppose the right and proper thing by you is to let her freeze until a blanket or coat can be found. By all means prolong suffering.

Do people seriously think this way or am I getting trolled? :-\

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:56 am
Has there been anything so extraordinary that it defied any explanation?
We've seen Chloe fly around the neighborhood in broad daylight and she used her powers in public when she fought Gabrielle and Tandy (so did they). How would anyone explain either of those away? I'd have a hard time believing no one in Thornhill saw Chloe either of those times, or thought nothing of it, when the crowd at the movie theater questioned Ace and Brooke's cover up attempt.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Perhaps succubi have some cloaking abilities while in flight that's never been explained. Pandora also flew above Teddy and Lacy recording them without any concern for being detected and there was also the time Charity did after Zachuriel dismissed her. Angels are concerned with secrecy too so perhaps they both have invisibility while flying.

As for the fight with Gabrielle and Tandy it appears that Chloe found a secluded spot in the park to help train Abby for obvious reasons. I doubt the two of them would want to be seen attacking two seemingly innocent people in a park if they could be seen in the public. Now you might be thinking that Chloe revealing her succubi powers to them is breaking this code of secrecy, but there are probably exceptions regarding cryptid hunters like Gabrielle and Tandy since neither of them will go to the police about what they saw. They're just as interested in keeping it all under wraps as the cryptids.

As for that time in the movie theater that was all the way back in Eerie Cuties... Well I hate to bring our sad world reality into it, but these days a scary movie stunt doesn't make the same headlines as a gun toting madman. It might be news for a day, but everyone would be relieved that no one was killed and it would all be quickly forgotten.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@brasca: The closest anyone's come to using invisibility are the angels, who hide their wings and halos from mortals. But certain people, like Naomi, can still see them anyway.

The seclusion theory doesn't hold up either. It'd be different had they been in an alley, or an abandoned subway, but we saw them fighting out in the open in broad daylight. And with all those flames Chloe was letting loose and the height of Tandy's jumps, there's no way that could've gone unnoticed. Even if they had been fighting in a secluded area, people still should've heard the ruckus.

It'd be like the X-men throwing down with Magneto and expecting the audience to believe that the public wouldh't notice.

dmra

Post by dmra »

brasca wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:16 am
Speaking of firemen if one happened to find a woman engulfed in flames should he put out the fire or get her consent to put out the flames first? By your legalistic lunacy he should let her burn to death rather than risk a sexual assault charge.

You mention bringing Teddi a blanket, but how would Charity know where to find one? It's not like she's been living in the DeCarlo's house for months. Maybe if her angelic powers were at full strength she could pull a blanket and a cup of hot chocolate out of her halo, but all she has is two warm hands. I suppose the right and proper thing by you is to let her freeze until a blanket or coat can be found. By all means prolong suffering.

Do people seriously think this way or am I getting trolled? :-\
As far as I'm aware naked women tend not to get covered in flames and firemen don't tend to put out fires with their bare hands. And certainly any fireman who tried patting out flames from somebody who was presumably covered in some kind of flammable substance would be risking serious burns.

There are loads of things that Charity could have done to help Teddi. Like bringing her straight to the group and asking for clothes, of if there is a fire and so on. Keeping her standing naked while she rubs her hands over Teddi for her own gratification really isn't helping anybody but Charity. Ironically she could have tried hugging her to warm her up which would have been far more effective and meant even more skin contact but just add stupidity to Charity's failings.

So no you aren't being trolled you just happen to be in a minority of posters who don't think that Charity is doing something wrong.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

I'd like to point some things out. First, that damn preview image still hasn't been updated, and it's been almost a year to the day. (September 20th 2017, to be exact.) Second, while every update for the other two active comics has been notified with a tweet, this one is never mentioned on the Pixietrix social media feed. And third, of all the comics this is definitely the one that most consistently feels phoned in and disinterested on the part of the writer. If I didn't know any better, I'd say the creators must have no passion for this comic any more and just want an excuse to show as much T&A as possible.

And for the record: as someone who endured three years of ongoing bullying in my youth, the bullshit Pandora and Slash-Stab were allowed to get away with for so long will always make my blood boil in ways that this or that bit of hypocrisy on anyone else's part never could. Even if this really pissed me off to a comparable degree, it would be strictly in an "Oh, come on! That's all you've got for us?! That's not even a joke, man!"

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

renmei wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:51 pm
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:41 am
Haha! Casual molestation~
That would've flown in the Nineties, but seems exceedingly outdated these days.

Anyways, can't say I'm not curious how this will pan out, but can say it feels like it will be annoying.
It flies any time. It's funny now. It's not aiming for some high brow laughs, but I chuckled. The "God's Love" line sold the whole scene. It's obvious Charity is done with being an angel. :ymdevil:

We really are back at the Carlin "Seven Words" era of comedy, aren't we. =\
Ironically, the forum rules dictate that I cannot use those words from Carlin's shtick to express how I disagree; foul language is fine, as there is a bit of difference between saying the Eff word and sexual assault.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

dmra wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:06 pm
There is a difference between saying words are unacceptable and saying actions are.

I doubt if many people reading here would be too upset if Charity or any of the other characters used "bad" language. Making humour out of a mentally confused person being sexually assaulted isn't quite in the same ballpark though as somebody finding an expletive funny.

Not to say "jokes" like this one should be banned just that people shouldn't really be surprised if other people don't find them as intrinsically funny as they do.
Exactly.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

*looks at forum page count*

woooooow...yeah no thanks

ANYWAY, I dunno if Teddi and Teddy should be in the same room! Also I am probably going to flip my entire lid if they make Teddi eactly like his Mental/Headspace/demon??? Teddi...

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:23 am
@brasca: The closest anyone's come to using invisibility are the angels, who hide their wings and halos from mortals. But certain people, like Naomi, can still see them anyway.

The seclusion theory doesn't hold up either. It'd be different had they been in an alley, or an abandoned subway, but we saw them fighting out in the open in broad daylight. And with all those flames Chloe was letting loose and the height of Tandy's jumps, there's no way that could've gone unnoticed. Even if they had been fighting in a secluded area, people still should've heard the ruckus.

It'd be like the X-men throwing down with Magneto and expecting the audience to believe that the public wouldh't notice.
Fair enough, but how many people are going to run in the direction of an explosion? Anyone in the immediate area would run and call the police and by the time they arrived the fight would be over. They'd then see claw marks and broken branches and think it was a wild animal and then get animal control.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Don't underestimate the power of disaster tourism.
An explosion would scatter people, but you'd be amazed how many it would draw in, especially if it was only the one bang.

brasca

Post by brasca »

There's always the possibility one brave soul with a camera phone will rush into danger, but it's easier to dismiss or cover up when it's just a few.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

True. But with current smartphone technology, a photo can hit the internet within seconds.