Dangerously Chloe 13-09-18 Let Me In

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Spidrift

Re: Dangerously Chloe 13-09-18 Let Me In

Post by Spidrift »

It's the retro-Archie-comics-with-actual-sex thing, again. I mean, the problem has got worse for the writers since Ma3 started; these days, Nathan's behaviour just looks like the setup for a #MeToo-based joke.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

bridgetvoid

Post by bridgetvoid »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:53 am
dmra wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:10 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:41 am
Haha! Casual molestation~
That would've flown in the Nineties, but seems exceedingly outdated these days.
Not the writer's fault and I'm sure they would never condone it but last night one of the UK news channels showed a video of Harvey Weinstein getting very handsy with somebody who allleges he went on to rape her.

Seeing that and then seeing the same kind of thing played for laughs here did leave a pretty bad taste in the mouth.
Yeah, I understand the writers probably didn't mean any harm for what is intended as joke, yet it seems to lack any intelligent foresight behind it, as well as - like I said - feels like it is crossing a line that should be avoided these days.
i mean to be fair it feels like intelligent foresight went out the window ages ago with this strip.

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

Ok, how is Charity not a fallen angel at this point? She's lied, she let Prudence take the blame for her, and now she's molesting someone while claiming that it's "god's love".

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

I love charity’s hair in panel 3. Zii’s hair does something similar when she’s... intrigued.

In this universe, your hair does some strange things when confronted with sudden arousal.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

I find Charity very creepy here. Like a priest who promises a little boy everything is fine because it’s just Gods love and that makes molestation ok. 🙅🏻‍♀️

renmei

Post by renmei »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:41 am
Haha! Casual molestation~
That would've flown in the Nineties, but seems exceedingly outdated these days.

Anyways, can't say I'm not curious how this will pan out, but can say it feels like it will be annoying.
It flies any time. It's funny now. It's not aiming for some high brow laughs, but I chuckled. The "God's Love" line sold the whole scene. It's obvious Charity is done with being an angel. :ymdevil:

We really are back at the Carlin "Seven Words" era of comedy, aren't we. =\

dmra

Post by dmra »

There is a difference between saying words are unacceptable and saying actions are.

I doubt if many people reading here would be too upset if Charity or any of the other characters used "bad" language. Making humour out of a mentally confused person being sexually assaulted isn't quite in the same ballpark though as somebody finding an expletive funny.

Not to say "jokes" like this one should be banned just that people shouldn't really be surprised if other people don't find them as intrinsically funny as they do.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Dragon Paladin wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:40 am
Ok, how is Charity not a fallen angel at this point? She's lied, she let Prudence take the blame for her, and now she's molesting someone while claiming that it's "god's love".
She saved thousands without sacrificing a single life and Teddi is cold, but by all means let’s cast her out for this little bit of opportunism 8-|

meps98

Post by meps98 »

It appears, from their respective eyes (vacant stares), that the two Teddy/Teddi's are in some kind of trance. The psychic link could just be temporary. Does Charity's halo driven divine shield extend to Teddi? Is Teddy on the path to demi-godhood with Teddi being left behind? Are they both developing into super beings? Could our newly hatched twins jointly deflower Chloe? Much yet to be determined.

dmra

Post by dmra »

brasca wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:48 pm
Dragon Paladin wrote:
She saved thousands without sacrificing a single life and Teddi is cold, but by all means let’s cast her out for this little bit of opportunism 8-|
If it was only a one off "little bit of opportunism" that would be one thing. But as well as the things Dragon Paladin mentioned we've seen her torturing prisoners and regularly displaying lust and jealousy. Charity's has hardly ever been shown doing anything "angelic" so she really doesn't have that far to fall.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:54 am
Gotoh wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:15 am
So you can believe the entire city (excluding Teddy and Co.) failing to notice all sorts of supernatural phenomena taking place out in the open , but not this? :-\
Yes. There’s a perfectly logical reason for all that.
Such as...?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

dmra wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:12 pm
If it was only a one off "little bit of opportunism" that would be one thing. But as well as the things Dragon Paladin mentioned we've seen her torturing prisoners and regularly displaying lust and jealousy. Charity's has hardly ever been shown doing anything "angelic" so she really doesn't have that far to fall.
Susceptible to all of the seven deadly sins, but risks her neck to do the right thing when something important, like saving thousands of lives, is on the line? Sounds like she's becoming dangerously mortal in the terms of this comic.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

dmra wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:12 pm
brasca wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:48 pm
Dragon Paladin wrote:
Torturing demons is an exception to this rule and why not? Demons are banished to a realm of eternal torment by the Almighty so as long as the tortured is a demon it’s legal.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Dragon Paladin wrote:
I've had this personal theory that there was some kind of space/time screw up that caused Charity to become Lucretia after being led into carnal temptation by Pandora (seriously; aside from the hairstyle, Lucretia and Charity could be sisters - they look so much alike).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Dragon Paladin wrote:
An ongoing "joke" in this strip appears to be that the angels are generally sexually repressed, so this is nothing new.