Dangerously Chloe 23-08-18 If This Kills Us

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 23-08-18 If This Kills Us

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! With all her attempts to save Teddy and every human being in the city coming to naught, Charity tries one last-ditch desperate action!

renmei

Re: Dangerously Chloe 23-08-18 If This Kills Us

Post by renmei »

Ok, of all the ways I thought that could go......I wasn't expecting this one, heh.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

OK, we can understand that Charity knows more about the whole ascending to godhood thing than anybody else in-panel, but... WTF?

Still, "If this kills us, I apologize" is a great line.

Alexander Collins

Post by Alexander Collins »

Now, you lost me...

Taigan

Post by Taigan »

Is the word in panel 3 supposed to be “improvising?” Because it doesn’t make sense to me as is.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

FuzzyFace wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:30 am
OK, we can understand that Charity knows more about the whole ascending to godhood thing than anybody else in-panel, but... WTF?

She seems more competent than we originally gave her credit.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Someone already noted, but it does seem like "improving" should be "improvising."

Despite the supernatural setting, feels awfully sci-fi as it appears as though Charity is attempting to basically reverse the polarity? Reaper scythe and an angel halo, so the touch of death and the touch of an angel (ergo, life) in a simultaneous strike. Not my usual complaint, as it is nice something is happening, but the point is that the whole "improvising" a solution using tangible objects rather than cosmic whatever is a bit removed from the originally sorcery set up.

Bit odd that someone with wings would need a jump board, though it could be argued that the energy emanating from the thing formerly known as Teddi (formerly known as Teddy) would make it too difficult to fly.

Guess the next likely event will be a white void or some sort of Purgatory in which some Deus ex Machina - whether in the form of God, Devil, both - chastises the group for their playing God. Will it go the route of an extinction event or will it be contained in the Purgatory? Despite my predominant disdain for the series, I'm admittedly intrigued for the first time in ages.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Taigan wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:47 am
Is the word in panel 3 supposed to be “improvising?” Because it doesn’t make sense to me as is.
"Improvising" makes more sense, but seeing as how her halo is supposed to improve Alchemy's scythe that works too.

This is why I like Charity. She's a girl of action! ...and she wears glasses. :x

Balancer

Post by Balancer »

I think they're saying improv-ing, as in improv like the acting.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

FuzzyFace wrote:
Somebody has remembered that these supernatural beings are supposed to know stuff, and Charity is after all the leader of a team of God’s representatives on Earth. It looks deeply weird after she’s been used as an emotional and narrative butt monkey for years (when she’s done anything), but strictly speaking, it’s logical.

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:07 am
Despite the supernatural setting, feels awfully sci-fi as it appears as though Charity is attempting to basically reverse the polarity?
That’s exactly the wrong way round. Meaningless techobollocks waffle about reversing the polarity of the neutron flow is what turns science fiction into fantasy, by discarding scientific logic in favour of magic words. What Charity is doing here is truly old school magic — waving archetypal symbols around in an aesthetically satisfying way, in the hopes that things will come together because what you’re doing sounds cool.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:13 am

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:07 am
Despite the supernatural setting, feels awfully sci-fi as it appears as though Charity is attempting to basically reverse the polarity?
That’s exactly the wrong way round. Meaningless techobollocks waffle about reversing the polarity of the neutron flow is what turns science fiction into fantasy, by discarding scientific logic in favour of magic words. What Charity is doing here is truly old school magic — waving archetypal symbols around in an aesthetically satisfying way, in the hopes that things will come together because what you’re doing sounds cool.
Fair enough. I don't care enough to argue - perhaps scifi was a stretch, but it does feel a tad MacGuyver-y.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Cortez wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:03 am
FuzzyFace wrote:

She seems more competent than we originally gave her credit.
Or she's taking a gamble out of desperation and may have made things exponentially worse by speeding up the process.

Expecting the next update to involve a massive blow out - where everyone in attendance in throw back several feet as Teddy ascends to Godlike status.
Last edited by Fluffy on Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Wow. Teddi gets *yet more* supernatural foreign material inserted into her body. Talking sci-fi, I'd be surprised if after this she has any molecular cohesion left.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

dmra

Post by dmra »

At a guess Charity is trying to stop the process of gaining divinity by removing Teddy's soul from his material body.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Mmmmmmm nah, the scythe does that on its own, no need to add her halo to it.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling