Dangerously Chloe 20-08-18 Change of Plan

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 20-08-18 Change of Plan

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New strip! Charity has conflicting ideas on what to do about Teddy's rapidly evolving deiform!

FuzzyFace

Re: Dangerously Chloe 20-08-18 Change of Plan

Post by FuzzyFace »

So. That's explained. Now, how do they fix things?

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

I can guarantee Abby's thought process here wasn't "No, not my brother, the one member of my family who has actually taken care of me, despite how awful I am to him. I'm going to treat him better." It was "No, not the guy who buys me shit and gives me money and takes me places and gets us food."

brasca

Post by brasca »

Thank you for that exposition! It was very... charitable. :))

And Teddi has been saved because his would be killer is sexually frustrated. Hopefully, this will work out for her. Sex with a deity might be permitted.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Feh...

I'm a bit late in realising this (frustration can be distracting), but the whole mix of angel, demon, human, reaper, male and female is a bit off because Teddi is entirely female... Ted was originally a male, but there has been no sign of anything from his male side that survived the first mutation, so it can't be a *perfect* ascension with a major factor missing.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

We've been told that Teddy is actually still male, but his body is female-shaped, and he has female desires, but not a female reproductive system. Plus, he's still got the male "must sacrifice myself for the woman I love" motivation. So I think it is quite fair to see Teddy/Teddi as both male and female.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Guess Charity is ready to pledge allegiance to new deity.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

FuzzyFace wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:15 am
We've been told that Teddy is actually still male
In what way? :-\
FuzzyFace wrote:
he's still got the male "must sacrifice myself for the woman I love" motivation.
Women have been known to sacrifice themselves for their significant others too.

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

Gotoh wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:26 am
FuzzyFace wrote:
We've been told that Teddy is actually still male
In what way? :-\
Unless you don't trust Pandora's word, in this way.
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

Tython

Post by Tython »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:02 am
Feh...

I'm a bit late in realising this (frustration can be distracting), but the whole mix of angel, demon, human, reaper, male and female is a bit off because Teddi is entirely female... Ted was originally a male, but there has been no sign of anything from his male side that survived the first mutation, so it can't be a *perfect* ascension with a major factor missing.
Perhaps once the "Shell" Has been cracked then we shall see a male Teddy again......with the proportions of Griffith(Non Femto) since you know he could easily pass for a woman in the right clothes.........

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Insectoid wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:12 am
Unless you don't trust Pandora's word, in this way.
So basically, he's Rain all over again, minus the ability to shapeshift at will?

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Tython wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:21 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:02 am
Feh...

Perhaps once the "Shell" Has been cracked then we shall see a male Teddy again......with the proportions of Griffith(Non Femto) since you know he could easily pass for a woman in the right clothes.........

Perhaps. I don't know how literally they will make the "shell" though.... If they do take the entity's current state as a shell or cocoon, it reminds me of an earlier thought I had about it being not an outright plagiarism, but a bit too strong emulation of Frieza's transformation (his Xenomorph form seemed to be a shell that contained his final form).

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

I suppose in metaphysical sense, the male Teddy "exists" as a mental projection in Teddi's head, so maybe my thought process was too literal? Although, this strip has favoured the more linear approaches, so it seems implausible.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

In any case, it didn't seem like Teddy was capable of getting pregnant according to Pandora.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

Oh god now I'm worried the last panel of this whole comic is going to be a female-coded Teddi holding up a positive pregnancy test.