Dangerously Chloe 9-08-18 This Nasty Angel

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

dmra

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-08-18 This Nasty Angel

Post by dmra »

Passing Through wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:10 am
[while Chloe's blind hatred of angels has been driving the plot for years at this point. These two were always going to bicker and/or scuffle to the point of mutual uselessness.
In Chloe's defence the last time she met this particular angel she was tortured by her. That's the kind of thing that might justifiably give rise to a certain degree of personal antipathy.

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

dmra wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:22 am
Passing Through wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:10 am
[while Chloe's blind hatred of angels has been driving the plot for years at this point. These two were always going to bicker and/or scuffle to the point of mutual uselessness.
In Chloe's defence the last time she met this particular angel she was tortured by her. That's the kind of thing that might justifiably give rise to a certain degree of personal antipathy.
Tish, pshaw, nonsense! The last time this pair met was at a beauty pageant for angels and demons. At which the succubae always cheat.

dmra

Post by dmra »

I'd forgotten that story line then OK then the torture was the first time they met.

And of course good should expect evil to cheat - that is after all the nature of evil but evil is usually entitled to assume that good won't take sadistic pleasure in unnecessarily inflicting pain. That shouldn't be in the nature of good.If it was then you wouldn't need devils and demons to run Hell you could just let the unfallen angels do it.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

In fairness, I remember reading that people used to believe tormenting the damned was one of the perks of being among the righteous. There's even supposed to be artwork of angels doing just that, though I'm afraid I've no titles to give of specific paintings.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Then there are the Archangels, who are rarely described as friendly.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:39 am
In fairness, I remember reading that people used to believe tormenting the damned was one of the perks of being among the righteous. There's even supposed to be artwork of angels doing just that, though I'm afraid I've no titles to give of specific paintings.
But we saw from that arc that a) Heaven isn't interested in all Hellspawn - it was specifically Pandora they were after and b) Heaven has a legal process which it follows -Pandora saying Chloe would be set free once they worked out who she was and the angels saying they had to respect the contract between Teddy and Chloe. Pandora isn't the nicest person but I really don't think she'd have turned Chloe in in her place if she thought torture was involved. So none of that suggests that free lance torturing of suspects is going to be OK in God's book. It's only once they've been found guilty of something that they can expect any kind of divine punishment.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Certainly; I'm just referencing some historical (medieval, to be precise) material.

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

dmra wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:22 am
I'd forgotten that story line then OK then the torture was the first time they met.

And of course good should expect evil to cheat - that is after all the nature of evil but evil is usually entitled to assume that good won't take sadistic pleasure in unnecessarily inflicting pain. That shouldn't be in the nature of good.If it was then you wouldn't need devils and demons to run Hell you could just let the unfallen angels do it.
Poppycock! The first time they met, Chloe burst in on the two angel girls while they were bathing causing them both great distress. The younger one appeared to faint even.

dmra

Post by dmra »

You do know you can post links to this strips don't you? It would make it so much easier to take this debate forward.

And do you plan at any point to address the point about Charity torturing Chloe or do you simply plan on going on an extended archive splurge looking for occasions when they intereacted none of which so far have given the slightest justification for the way Chloe was treated?