Dangerously Chloe 6-08-18 In the Park

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Storm-forge mystique

Re: Dangerously Chloe 6-08-18 In the Park

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Appropos of nothing, do mythologists have a word for a deity that presents alternately as male and female, like Krishna?

Starphoenix

Post by Starphoenix »

You might be able to make a case for something from Phrygian Lore. I don't think Attis or Cybele were specifically hermaphroditic, but there's enough genitalia wankery that you could cobble some sort of explanation together. You might be able to get away with Ishtar, but I don't know exactly how you'd work the dual gender into it.

Otherwise, the usual suspects (Loki, Bacchus, etc.) come out but probably aren't high enough in their pantheons to constitute God King/Queen status.
Pretty much here for the ****posting.

Last Dangerously Chloe Comic Read: 09/18/17

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

I wasn't asking for examples, I was asking for a word.

Onyx

Post by Onyx »

Okay this is getting dragged out way too long. Teddi's transformation should have lasted two pages tops. I'm starting to have concerns about the story's focus when you have a scene like this go on too long.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

You suddenly gave me a flashback to Dragonball Z...

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Onyx wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:24 pm
Okay this is getting dragged out way too long. Teddi's transformation should have lasted two pages tops. I'm starting to have concerns about the story's focus when you have a scene like this go on too long.
Depends on what is going to happen.

Zafnak

Post by Zafnak »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:02 am
Appropos of nothing, do mythologists have a word for a deity that presents alternately as male and female, like Krishna?

Slaanesh. LOL

brasca

Post by brasca »

Error of Logic wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:59 pm
Well Frieza is androgynous and Teddi is gender fluid... for the most part.

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

brasca wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:33 am
Error of Logic wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:59 pm
Well Frieza is androgynous and Teddi is gender fluid... for the most part.
C'mon, guys, Frieza's final transformation only took, what, 10 minutes of screen time? :p

Eh, you may be right. This comic makes that look FAST.
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

ven

Post by ven »

Onyx wrote:
That's a joke right? This is pixie trix we are talking about, focus on the story is a foreign concept, it's all about squeezing in yet another joke, funny or not

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Onyx wrote:
You mean you don't like how Teddy's on naked display and aren't amused by Al's masochistic fetish? /sarcasm
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Insectoid wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:31 am
C'mon, guys, Frieza's final transformation only took, what, 10 minutes of screen time? :p

Eh, you may be right. This comic makes that look FAST.
I think the one that took the most time to transform was Majin Buu into Kid Buu. But even that was one episode... I guess in book form this is fast, because since the injection, there's only been 10 strips, but since we get a strip Wednesdays and Sundays, we get Teddi transforming for more than a month.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

ven wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:32 am
That's a joke right? This is pixie trix we are talking about, focus on the story is a foreign concept, it's all about squeezing in yet another joke, funny or not
Not true, there were plenty of times when EC and MC strips either ended on a cliff-hanger, or a serious note instead. Like these for example:

EC: when Tia was first summoned, Nina's first taste of blood, and Blair losing his head
MC: last panel, here, when Mel first got the wand, this one, and this one too.

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

Onyx wrote:
Well is the end result of the transformation the story's focus at this point? I feel that it's the apocalyptic threat (be it in the form of a massive detonation, a kaiju rampage or something else entirely) Teddi now represents that is the heart of the matter.

Presumably, the nature of the transformation will become relevant once the imminent disaster is averted(or not, as the case may be). And of course, Teddi's final form may be revealed in the process of preventing the God Bomb, whatever it is, from claiming so many lives.