Dangerously Chloe 26-07-18 Are You Glowing

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 26-07-18 Are You Glowing

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! As Teddy's convulsions shake the house, Abby and Alchemy hurry back downstairs. Teddy then runs away before Chloe can stop him.

Passing Through

Re: Dangerously Chloe 26-07-18 Are You Glowing

Post by Passing Through »

Priorities, apocalypse first, conclusion jumping later.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Oh. This again.

...y'know, sometimes I wonder what this comic would have been if there had been a woman involved past chapter 13.

Regardless, even if Alchemy were molesting Abby... is that really more important, Chloe? This is one of maybe two situations where it might actually be permissible to let the child molester get away with it... (the other, of course, being Con Air).

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

It'd be pretty sweet if Chloe tore out Al's throat. Though, it is a bit annoying that what little plot that is actually happening is being delayed by a lame joke; thankfully, it isn't the usual vulgar sex joke, so it isn't too annoying.

So, the "thoom" was loud enough to shake the entire house and possibly more, yet Chloe seems relatively unaffected by it; well, she is a succubus, so enhanced endurance isn't unbelievable.
The supposed supernatural blast about to happen apparently breaks Teddi's stupor when it is nearly finished charging? Assuming they are aware a catastrophe is about to occur, not sure what a flailing run outside would do about it.
Abby's stupidity is well-documented, yet her missing Chloe supersedes the sight of her sibling unnaturally glowing after the damn house shook violently?!

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Al is a reaper. I'd put all money on Al beating Chloe.

Also, it was guy without shirt and she's supposed to be friends with Al and should know better.

Plus she's a succubus. Like she has any room to talk. She'll sleep with anyone.

Abby is of course an idiot. That has been established.

In the end, I'd really like to see Al beat down Chloe and tell her how all this, is because of her. Really, the one way all this can be ended, is someone killing Chloe...the hell demon. :p Chloe dead = no contract.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Prudence’s halo must be blaring so I hope she and Naomi will be popping up soon.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

So, that last strip - where Teddy is clutching his chest as if he were experiencing a heart attack before releasing a psychokinetic force strong enough that it shakes the entire house, leaving it in shambles - results in...glowing hands.

All that build up...for that? Really?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

So he gets hit by waves of power incontinence, and is now running off in blind panic before the next outburst hits. Looks like rather conventional "overcome by weird uncontrollable powers" storytelling to me.

God knows I'm no fan of this comic, but I don't see the need to treat even the routine stuff as bad. The actual bad stuff is bad enough.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:13 am
I don't see the need to treat even the routine stuff as bad. The actual bad stuff is bad enough.
I think Fluffy meant it's anticlimactic, rather than bad (hence, "all that build up for that").

You'd think that if you saw someone experiencing some sort of uncontrollable power surge it'dresult in something more like this.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Exactly - it was very anti-climatic; given the impression the previous strip gave at the end.

All that intensity - just for glowing hands, Teddy running off like a drama queen, Abby crying about how much she missed Chloe (who was gone for - what? A day? Two at most?) and a lame joke involving Chloe's maternal instincts. Just...urgh.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Tython

Post by Tython »

Where is the Earth Shattering Kaboom???

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Interesting that Chloe will encourage a young woman to entice men by stripping, but draws the line at underage sex.
Given Slash-Stab's plans for "rodeo sex" and the general depravity of succubi, I wonder whether it's because Chloe objects to sex acts with minors, or just with this specific (moronic) minor.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Seems to be a general dislike of sex with children going by this very early strip.

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... struggling

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

dmra wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:29 pm
Seems to be a general dislike of sex with children going by this very early strip.

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... struggling
But notice she was willing to do it.

dmra

Post by dmra »

I'm not sure that she had much choice. After all that is her job and it's not as though she really is a child just shape shifting her body to look like one. And her "No wonder you're going to Hell" is pretty unambiguous about what she thinks of paedophiles.