Dangerously Chloe 19-07-18 Help Me Play a Game

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

dmra

Re: Dangerously Chloe 19-07-18 Help Me Play a Game

Post by dmra »

That idea did occur to me and doesn't seem entirely implausible. After all Kimmy is the type of person who injects their best friend/crush with ectoplasm just to see what happens. Which is the kind of thing that only somebody really smart or really stupid would do. I don't think we've seen enough to be sure which applies to Kimmy.

The thing which put me off the idea that Kimmy was playing along to get things done as quickly as possible was him taking time to chat to Abby. If he was really in that much of a hurry he'd probably be better off doing the whole thing himself rather than trying to get her to help when she clearly has no intention of giving him a hand..

meps98

Post by meps98 »

dmra wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:59 pm
That idea did occur to me and doesn't seem entirely implausible. After all Kimmy is the type of person who injects their best friend/crush with ectoplasm just to see what happens. Which is the kind of thing that only somebody really smart or really stupid would do. I don't think we've seen enough to be sure which applies to Kimmy.

The thing which put me off the idea that Kimmy was playing along to get things done as quickly as possible was him taking time to chat to Abby. If he was really in that much of a hurry he'd probably be better off doing the whole thing himself rather than trying to get her to help when she clearly has no intention of giving him a hand..
I'm not saying Al hasn't done stupid/questionable things in the past, at least from a human's perspective, but, in this case, I'm assuming he'll need Abby and Teddi's cooperation in leaving town in such a way that they don't draw attention (i.e. a bus instead of flying or teleporting or kidnapping them). He's smoozing Abbey just enough to get her on board. He thinks he already has Teddi's agreement, not speaking with her long enough to realize that something is terribly wrong (again, really pressed for time).

dmra

Post by dmra »

It could just be being pushed for time but I'd expect that if I'd told somebody there was going to be a cataclysmic event they'd react in some way. http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... -you-again . But you're right that Kimmy may not be dumb as such just not be very good at reading human beings.

Like I said before it isn't clear from what we've seen so far in the overall story if Kimmy is smart, dumb or is smart enough to get by but capable of being dumb when it's convenient - like with injecting the ectoplasm.