Dangerously Chloe 2-07-18 There is One Way

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

BioYuGi

Re: Dangerously Chloe 2-07-18 There is One Way

Post by BioYuGi »

But then he seemingly becomes incapable of using all of these powers at once and decides 'No I think I'll just be the succubus and ignore all the other abilities I could use. Eh.'

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

BioYuGi wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:27 am
Enjoying sex is fine!

Enjoying it multiple times a day with dozens of people over weeks? While also subconsciously using succubus pheromones to coerce them into sex?

Less fine!

Men can be sluts too, for the record.
People can have however much casual sex they want with consenting partners, and it doesn't make them worse people; shaming them is unwarranted.

The use of pheromones really doesn't warrant the s word either. If you want to complain about victims in Teddi's sexual encounters, you better start including Teddy in that category too as succubus blood is a mind altering drug just like the pheromones.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Cortez wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:20 am
It seems like we will still hear it in this thread.
Not just the threads - but in the comic, itself (Teddy referred to himself as a wanton slut on a few occasions).
JayBlaze11 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:15 am
But if Teddi takes the angel blood, on top of the succubus and reaper blood already in hir system, what if they become gender-fluid?
I'd personally laugh if the angel blood is, like, the ultimate healing potion and all it does is revert Teddy back into a human male. No special abilities, no magical stamina boosts, no ethereal beauty - just plain ol' average human Teddy.

Or, if this angel blood turns him into this perfect being (gag!); here's hoping Chloe already took care of her little problem on her own; making Teddy's quest to be her hero be all for naught.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

meps98

Post by meps98 »

BioYuGi wrote:
Enjoying sex is fine!

Enjoying it multiple times a day with dozens of people over weeks? While also subconsciously using succubus pheromones to coerce them into sex?

Less fine!

Most unmarried men would be happy to be sluts be that definition. A lot of married ones too.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

Well a married slut is a jackass.

An unmarried slut just sleeps around a lot.

BrianX

Post by BrianX »

JayBlaze11 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:15 am
But if Teddi takes the angel blood, on top of the succubus and reaper blood already in hir system, what if they become gender-fluid?
I would understand angel blood reverting Teddy if he only had Succubus blood, but there's also the fact his current state probably has a lot to do with the fact he has Alchemy's blood in his system too.
This would be an excellent idea, as long as he doesn't develop a split personality like Ace.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Gee, I wonder if he's gonna be interrupted.
**== **== **== **==

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

I'm thinking that blood will overwhelm Teddy and, in order to survive the process, Chloe will have to draw out the excess energy which will help her too and break the curse.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

BioYuGi wrote:

And yet the term is only used against women, hence why it's considered a sexist term.
Mandy wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:14 am

People can have however much casual sex they want with consenting partners, and it doesn't make them worse people; shaming them is unwarranted.

This, exactly.

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

Men are only called sluts when someone is trying to prove a point. It’s not a regular term used for men. It’s specifically targeted towards women, thereas it’s sexist. Let’s be honest, if Teddy were in male form and having this much sex, he wouldn’t be calling himself a slut and he probably wouldn’t be having a moral dilemma over it. Slut is also a highly problematic term because it’s highly subjective. For some people, a woman having sex once out of marriage makes her a slut. For some it’s if she’s had two partners. It’s alwags been a term used to shame women for enjoying consensual sex. It makes Teddy/Teddi more and more unlikable everytime he/she uses it.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

So what's a good gender-neutral term to describe Teddi then? Whore's definitely feminine. Fucktoy maybe? Extremely loose? Town bicycle?

And the idea of slut may be subjective but certainly dozens of people in a few weeks is over the edge?

brasca

Post by brasca »

I would say promiscuous is the best gender neutral term I can think of.

I was about to start using the pronoun zie since Sticky Dilly Buns introduced me to it, but that may be a moot point in the next strip. I'm still using it because I'm tired of all the grammatical contortions. The guilt trip Teddi is going through is mostly related to zie's influence over Abby. Teddi feels guilty and thinks she wouldn't have made a deal with the devil if she didn't see zie having such a good time, but even before that Teddi was feeling uneasy about what zie had become and I think a lot of that is society's tendency to slut shame. While it's mind numbingly debatable about the involvement of pheromones I don't think any of the people Teddi has been with expected a serious relationship and suffering from a broken heart. Well maybe a few since there were a lot, but these are high schoolers and they are horny. If one or more parties know what they are getting into then there's nothing wrong with it.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fereshte wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:17 am
Men are only called sluts when someone is trying to prove a point. It’s not a regular term used for men.
Men have been called worse: pigs, gigilos, and tomcats to name a few, which were common and considered equally offensive back in the day.

As for why it's considered a "bad" thing, it mainly has to do with infidelity. People cheris commitment which, in relationships, means monogamy. Case in point: Kade was repeatedly called out for being a two-timer by Jacqui, Layla, Brooke, and Ace.

MrsKytro

Post by MrsKytro »

Gotoh wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:31 am
Men have been called worse: pigs, gigilos, and tomcats to name a few, which were common and considered equally offensive back in the day.
We're not talking about back in the day, we're talking about now-a-days. None of those terms are on par with "slut", and of the hundreds of derogatory ways to describe feminine traits relating to sex there are almost none as offensive or equivalent that are masculine-exclusive. It's a total double standard.

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

BioYuGi wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:47 am
And the idea of slut may be subjective but certainly dozens of people in a few weeks is over the edge?
Why is that over the edge? Who gets to decide what the edge is? Why should anyone care what about other people enjoying consensual sex? Why is there even a concept of “too much” if all are consenting parties? Only an individual gets to decide for themselves what is too much or over the edge but no one else needs to slut shame them for what they feel is “too much.”
Gotoh wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:31 am

As for why it's considered a "bad" thing, it mainly has to do with infidelity. People cheris commitment which, in relationships, means monogamy. Case in point: Kade was repeatedly called out for being a two-timer by Jacqui, Layla, Brooke, and Ace.
Who is being unfaithful here? No one is married. Teddy isn’t in a relationship. He says he loves Chloe but they have no promise of exclusivity that I remember. So why is the idea of infidelity even being brought up?