Dangerously Chloe28-06-18 All You Can Eat

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Lokitsu

Re: Dangerously Chloe28-06-18 All You Can Eat

Post by Lokitsu »

Gotoh wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:56 am
Okay, I caved and read today's update out of curiosity.

That said: not buying it. Abby's only been around Chloe for, what - a few weeks? A month or so tops? How can she possibly grow that attached to Chloe and Pandora in so short a period of time? And how can Teddy claim Chloe was a role model for her in any sense? :-\

It'd be different had Abby grown up around her (ex. Nina with Layla), or spent any meaningful amount of time with her as Nina did with Brooke.
Kids can grow attached very quickly, especially if they haven't got a great life at home. I'd argue that Abby's life, with no parents, no mother-figure and only Teddy for a father substitute wasn't that spectacular. Not abuse mind you, just seriously lacking in the kind of support network a kid that age needs. In real life she'd most likely have already bonded to a neighbor or a friend's mom.
And Chloe and Pandy ARE role models... just terrible ones. :p

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Gotoh wrote:
That said: not buying it. Abby's only been around Chloe for, what - a few weeks? A month or so tops? How can she possibly grow that attached to Chloe and Pandora in so short a period of time?
Is there any indication its been that short a time? I'd figured it'd been a few months at this point.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:30 am
whereas Pandora disobeys the orders of Hell and does endless sin for fun, as she is more evil than Hell itself wants its servants.
I kind of disagree about Pandora being "more evil." If anything she's better than the average succubus in the sense that she doesn't seek out to permanently ruin people's lives, break up couples, doom souls, etc. She just does what she wants and it tends to be pretty small scale compared to what Slash Stab wants her students to be doing.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@lokitsu: I can kinda sorta see what you're saying, but Abby would have to be desperate to latch onto either Chloe, or especially Pandora so suddenly. She seriously needs a better choice of role model(s).
Varanus wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:46 am
Gotoh wrote:
That said: not buying it. Abby's only been around Chloe for, what - a few weeks? A month or so tops? How can she possibly grow that attached to Chloe and Pandora in so short a period of time?
Is there any indication its been that short a time? I'd figured it'd been a few months at this point.
iirc, Abby had a birthday not long after Pandora first showed up, which wasn't long after Teddy first came home with Chloe. So I doubt they've been living with Teddy and Abby for much longer than a few weeks, to (maybe) a couple of months.

Pier777

Post by Pier777 »

Gotoh wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:13 pm
@lokitsu: I can kinda sorta see what you're saying, but Abby would have to be desperate to latch onto either Chloe, or especially Pandora so suddenly. She seriously needs a better choice of role model(s).
Varanus wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:46 am
Gotoh wrote:
iirc, Abby had a birthday not long after Pandora first showed up, which wasn't long after Teddy first came home with Chloe. So I doubt they've been living with Teddy and Abby for much longer than a few weeks, to (maybe) a couple of months.
Assuming that all Birthdays will be shown in this comic... that still leaves 11.9 months for them to work with, no? Or am I missing something?

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Pier777: That depends on how long it takes Teddy to reconcile with Chloe and whether he bothers saving Pandora from Slash-Stab.

I'd say Teddy needs to work on being a better role model himself, since his kid sis is looking to people she's just met for guidance, instead of him.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

I think Pier was asking how the depiction of one birthday gave any indication that such a short length of time had passed, rather than simply less than a year.

dmra

Post by dmra »

It's never usually easy to work out timelines in comics specially when there aren't many fixed points of reference. We've seen Valentine's day but that's about it. But allowing 1 date every school night and 2 at weekends and taking into account Teddi's needing to work at the club and occasional nights off it seems reasonable to think that just selecting the most likely to survive sex with Chloe jock would have taken a minimum of at least 3 -4 weeks and likely quite a lot longer.

And that's only the amount of time that's passed since Alchemy injected Teddi with reaper ectoplasm and fixed the transformation to a woman. Add on the time that passed before that and we're probably looking at at least 2-3 months.

Which is plenty of time for an adult to get very attached to somebody who is living with them let alone a 12 year old girl who has basically grown up without a female relative in the house for most of the time she can remember. Especially when those friends have magic powers to make them more special and more fun.

Edit and they've certainly been together long enough for Chloe to get close enough to Teddy to sabotage his date with Tirana and fantasise about living with him as a couple.

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... Sweet_Cave

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Varanus wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:19 pm
I think Pier was asking how the depiction of one birthday gave any indication that such a short length of time had passed, rather than simply less than a year.
Because the only indication of time we've received was when Jacqui said Chloe had only been away (from CH) for a few months, which was the morning after she first started living with Teddy.

Abby celebrated her birthday not long afterward, So unless there was a timeskip that the creative team forgot to mention, it seems unlikely that Chloe and Pandora had been there for a full year by the time of Abby's birthday.

Shaitan051

Post by Shaitan051 »

Please tell me Teddi isn't going to go "save" Pandora.
Kicking Chole out may have been slightly questionable with context but he was 100% right giving Pandora the boot.

brasca

Post by brasca »

And it's not like Teddi had much choice in the matter. Aside from stabbing her with a syringe of angel blood I don't think there was any weapon avaible to stop a demon of her caliber. The only way I could see Ilsa letting Pandora stay is if she knew how miserable it would make Teddi. I'm surprised she didn't pick up on her desire to get rid of Pandora, but maybe she considered dragging her back to hell a bigger priority.

Pier777

Post by Pier777 »

Gotoh wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:18 pm
Varanus wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:19 pm
Because the only indication of time we've received was when Jacqui said Chloe had only been away (from CH) for a few months, which was the morning after she first started living with Teddy.

Abby celebrated her birthday not long afterward, So unless there was a timeskip that the creative team forgot to mention, it seems unlikely that Chloe and Pandora had been there for a full year by the time of Abby's birthday.
Ok, seems silly to keep on talking about this, but maybe I'm a bit dim. Still don't see how any of this indicates how much time elapsed.

Chloe being away from school for a couple of months (in the real world) before living with DeCarlo means... nothing.
Abby's birthday soon afterwards is a time marker, ok, good.
Then a kerzillion things happened. Going to hell. Going to heaven. Changing gender. Living on her own. Father getting married. Father leaving again. Teddi having a career stripping. All the while there are NO clear time indicators. If Abby had ANOTHER birthday, one can say 1 year of being with Chloe and Pandora. So if we assume the creators will show all Abby birthdays, we have about a little less than a year to have everything I mentioned beforehand... happen. At most 11 months, and that's way longer than just a few weeks. And if we assume the creators don't need to show every birthday, this time range could be much longer (although I highly doubt it'll be more than a year, or even one year. Seems more like 4-6 months to me).

I'm probably missing an obvious something.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Pier777 wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:02 am
Ok, seems silly to keep on talking about this, but maybe I'm a bit dim. Still don't see how any of this indicates how much time elapsed.
Because Abby's only had one birthday (seen in comic) so far. And in spite of all that's happened the only other time indicator was Valentine's day, which was around the time of Abby's birthday.

Also, we know from Chloe that there's a huge discrepancy between the passage of time in the mortal realm and Hell. So the amount of time Teddy spent there is moot. There haven't been any indicators that the succubi have been living with them for any significant amount of time (i.e. no mention of summer vacation, no other holidays, etc.). Which suggests the succubi haven't been living with Teddy for very long.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

yknow i think still its quite crappy that if he goes back to being male then hell be "rational and thinking" again because it makes it seem like being a girl is the problem.....

the only thing saving this is that he was turned into a girl before WITHOUT succubus hormones and he just thought he was cute and didnt try to sleep with any and everyone

Also theyre both way too extreme jiminy christmas, Abby AND Teddy both needed role models. I hope their crappy father never comes back tho

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

otaku247 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:05 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:30 am
Pandora disobeys the orders of Hell and does endless sin for fun, as she is more evil than Hell itself wants its servants.
That's Chaotic Evil for you in a nutshell. Slash-Stab is more Lawful Evil in alignment (maybe even Neutral Evil considering she does overlook the rules sometimes when it's for her own amusement).
:-bd :ymapplause:

You sure got that right, haha. Succubi in this comic are purely chaotic beings who, after enrolling in Tartarus Academy, are subjected to rigid lawful discipline and are obviously NOT HAPPY about that. All named succubi students of some importance to the story -- Chloe, Pandora, Torrid, Lucretia -- are mostly established as characters by the many different ways in which they try to bend and twist and break the rules of the Academy for their own gain and pleasure. I have this personal fanon fantasy that Ilsa was, once upon a time, a sweet and caring teacher (in Japanese anime style, with round glasses, a sensible hairstyle, a white shirt and a properly long skirt) who tried to make the school experience as fun and enjoyable as possible for all her girls... but, after a few torturous years of dealing with a student body made of demons of pure chaos, she turned into the slave-driving, sadistic nazi bitch we all know and love. B-)
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Of course he's been projecting. He wanted a girlfriend. Before he even got turned into a girlfriend, he likely wanted attention too.

Now, as a girl, he's getting attention. He would've gone overboard without the succubus side to push him over, because he's getting the attention he always wanted.

Now there's Abby, who wants attention and really, with the internet, Pandora and Chloe around, I highly doubt she'll remain innocent long, especially in a succubus body.

And yes, a lot of the problems are Chloe and Pandora's fault. Teddi should mention to Abby all the problems he knows about, though, I'm not sure he knows about all the ones we may remember.