Dangerously Chloe 21-06-18 Returning to Class

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Alexander Collins

Re: Dangerously Chloe 21-06-18 Returning to Class

Post by Alexander Collins »

This forum is like 75% hatred for Pandora, 25% hatred for everyone else.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Fluffy wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Going to go with the 'agree to disagree' option here in regards to that first example.

Not really a "agree to disagree" situation, since it's a fact that Pandora was the one that set up Chloe to take the fall for her. You can't disagree with fact.
Starphoenix wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:21 pm
Yeah, not really seeing Pandora "fixing her own mess" as being on par with some of the other redemption arcs.
Especially since if she was as good as they claim she is, she wouldn't set up Chloe.

But it seems like it's ok for Pandora to mess with Teddy, but it's wrong if he messes with her.

Calaron

Post by Calaron »

It would not greatly surprise me if this was the last we see of Pandora, being in the last volume after all. Maybe her knowledge could have been useful later on still, and sure, it's quite rushed, with a major status quo changing sequence being contained in just over 2 pages. But it's a change/ending that's both karmic and inevitable for Pandora's story arc, with a sufficient look at what her immediate future contains, as well as an explanation of what will happen to her afterwards. In that sense, if this is the end of Pandora's presence in the comic, I don't think it's been too badly handled.

A possible alternative, however, might be a rescue mission, staged by Chloe and assisted by Teddi/y (depending on whether he/she uses the blood first). It could be a reconciliatory bonding experience for the two, would make a nice bookend mirror compared to Pandora's first arc in the comic, and might even give Chloe the chance to finally truly stand up to Slash-stab, for all the good it'll do.

Whatever the case, I'm starting to get quite the endgame vibe at this part of the story.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Cortez wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:23 am
Fluffy wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Going to go with the 'agree to disagree' option here in regards to that first example.

Not really a "agree to disagree" situation, since it's a fact that Pandora was the one that set up Chloe to take the fall for her. You can't disagree with fact.
Redemption is an act of someone making up for past transgressions. Pandora may have been the one who caused Chloe to be taken away by angels in the first place, but she redeemed herself for the prank by rescuing Chloe (as well as Abby and Teddy) from Heaven by following Prudence and knocking out the angels with paralytic lipstick. She could have left them all to suffer in order to save her own sorry hide; but she hadn't.

So how is that not an example of redemption?

No one is saying Pandora is a perfect being who doesn't richly deserve getting her butt handed to her for some of the stunts she's pulled (a person would have to be blind not to notice her negative traits); however, she is capable of redeemable qualities (something a person would also have to be blind to not notice within this comic).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Kisai

Post by Kisai »

Cortez wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:51 am

And i can't feel bad for Pandora because she fell for an obvious lie.

If Teddy had a get out of hell free card, he would have used it by now to get out of his contract.
That's giving Teddy too much credit.

I think how this was handled basically will be seen as Pandora both getting what she had coming AND that it was in character for Teddy to do it.

That's not the first time Teddy has done so either:
http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... e_Hormones

Derfman

Post by Derfman »

For everybody that is fuming over Teddi doing this to Pandora, and even calling it evil... WTF. Might I remind you that Pandora is a Succubus. She is also a student of Slash Stab. And a truant. She is not going back to be executed, or even really tortured... given the almost juvenile nature of the punishments.... remember the sweater of pure itch? Seriously, stop taking this shit so seriously.

otaku247

Post by otaku247 »

Derfman wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:01 am
For everybody that is fuming over Teddi doing this to Pandora, and even calling it evil... WTF. Might I remind you that Pandora is a Succubus. She is also a student of Slash Stab. And a truant. She is not going back to be executed, or even really tortured... given the almost juvenile nature of the punishments.... remember the sweater of pure itch? Seriously, stop taking this shit so seriously.
Yes I agree, and Pandora is a succubus who seems to be getting most of the hate from the forum for being a freeloader and putting most of the rest of the cast through varying degrees of inconvenience, emotional turmoil and danger through to outright peril. Yet the other succubi don't seem to have attracted anywhere near the same amount of anger despite doing similar if not even worse. What about Torrid or Lucretia? The latter has been trying to get one over on Chloe and has been an outright bitch to her all the way through Tartarus academy and during the Valentine arc. Torrid outright ordered Chloe to help her Snoo-Snoo Teddy to death and even when Teddy freed Chloe from the collar's influence she was too busy being angry at him letting himself get eaten by Torrid she nearly didn't help save him.
Maybe people can't get over Pandora's self serving attitude and that she has been responsible for a lot of the main casts troubles but if the other succubi can get away with it down to it being for comic effect, or they get some weak comeuppance along the way, I don't see why Pandora shouldn't get away with being a self-proclaimed prankmeister either, especially now she is getting her just desserts.

Do not get me wrong I think morally speaking shes reprehensible but she at least admits and embraces it as her nature, as others in the comic that try and hold the moral high ground have weak platforms to stand on themselves in that regard. Don't forget Chloe purposely wrecked the burgeoning relationship between Teddy and Triana for purely selfish reasons, that alone is up there with Pandora whamming Daddy Decarlo purely to get under Teddi's skin to pull off a you banged yo momma joke at the end of it. Chloe's actions back then was out of pure evil jealousy, and the fear of losing Teddy was just an excuse to kid herself into thinking that she was doing it for his benefit.

I don't mind people hating Pandora because she arguably deserves it, just measure the rest of them with the same yardstick.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

otaku247 wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:17 pm
Yet the other succubi don't seem to have attracted anywhere near the same amount of anger despite doing similar if not even worse. What about Torrid or Lucretia?
Easy: because Torrid and Lucretia haven't been seen in ages. It doesn't exonerate either of them, but the fact is they're in Hell and neither of them are disrupting Teddy's family.
otaku wrote: Don't forget Chloe purposely wrecked the burgeoning relationship between Teddy and Triana for purely selfish reasons, that alone is up there with Pandora whamming Daddy Decarlo purely to get under Teddi's skin.
Chloe caught her fair share of flack for that exact instance (browse the thread for that strip), as well as for being responsible for causing Teddy's parents divorce, for causing Jacqui to become a borderline nympho, and for seemingly doig nothing to reslove her current situation besides mope around the house while waiting on Teddy to fix it for her.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

otaku247 wrote:
Yet the other succubi don't seem to have attracted anywhere near the same amount of anger despite doing similar if not even worse.
Because they barelt show up and thus haven't done as much as Pandora on panel.

What about Torrid or Lucretia?

Whataboutism is a very poor argument to use. Especially when the comparison doesn't work.

You do remember that Torrid and Lucretia have received punishment, right? Lucretia especially, who's scheme constantly blow up in her face like she was Wile E. Coyote.

Pandora on the other hand usually gets away with her antics.

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

rogermart wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:41 am
@Passing Through:

Jacqui unforgivable evil? Was I reading another version of Magick Chicks/Eerie Cuties? Or were you talking about Cerise and got the names confused?
No, I meant Jacqui. She used her illusion powers to trick a teacher into sleeping with her. That is obtaining sex by deception, a very serious crime.
Calaron wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:01 am
It would not greatly surprise me if this was the last we see of Pandora, being in the last volume after all. Maybe her knowledge could have been useful later on still, and sure, it's quite rushed, with a major status quo changing sequence being contained in just over 2 pages. But it's a change/ending that's both karmic and inevitable for Pandora's story arc, with a sufficient look at what her immediate future contains, as well as an explanation of what will happen to her afterwards. In that sense, if this is the end of Pandora's presence in the comic, I don't think it's been too badly handled.

A possible alternative, however, might be a rescue mission, staged by Chloe and assisted by Teddi/y (depending on whether he/she uses the blood first). It could be a reconciliatory bonding experience for the two, would make a nice bookend mirror compared to Pandora's first arc in the comic, and might even give Chloe the chance to finally truly stand up to Slash-stab, for all the good it'll do.

Whatever the case, I'm starting to get quite the endgame vibe at this part of the story.
And then Teddi gets caught with the blood by an angel hit squad and is dragged off to limbo to await being punished for crimes she most certainly did commit, Naomi and Prudence are abducted by a passing Reptilian Battleship never to be seen again on the planet Earth, Chloe is caught attempting to deflower herself with some random innocent by a certain pair of hunters and is taken down by after her eyeballs finally explode, while the little girl becomes a homeless orphan after her father dies in a race crash, her step mother mysteriously vanishes and their other mother is revealed to have died of scrofula years ago (and had her identify stolen (probably by Chloe)) forcing her to wear one of those urchin hats and prank others for food, roll credits.

Well the little girl has had a teleport lesson and likes Pandora, also, some alien hunters may have been watching the abduction...
Cortez wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:10 am
otaku247 wrote:
Yet the other succubi don't seem to have attracted anywhere near the same amount of anger despite doing similar if not even worse.
Because they barelt show up and thus haven't done as much as Pandora on panel.
Remind me, how many innocent couples did they break up during their little war on love? Pandora is being condemned for the very wicked crime of getting married, bit of a double standard there. Never mind Chloe and her endless villainy that is being blamed on her victims with such enthusiasm.
brasca wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:57 am
Passing Through wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:50 am
I felt such a visceral stab of hatred on reading this page. It made reading it unpleasant because I intensely dislike feeling hatred and other such dark emotions. But there you go. Teddi moves into the unforgivably evil column alongside characters like Chloe and Jacqui.
Well that sounds like the opinion of a lot of people on this board regarding Teddi, however, I think you'll find most of them will be jubilant at what happened to Pandora.

I cannot blame Teddi one bit for taking this opportunity after everything Pandora has done.
Yes, I'm aware of the unwarranted malice that is thrown around(such as with regards to the pheromones, smelling very nice isn't a crime). Teddi's gone beyond the pale this time tho.

I can. I draw the line well short of deliberately worsening the suffering someone being dragged into hell and horribly tortured (and it's hardly Pandora's fault she was born a demon). It's the same reason I'd be shocked if she ran up to the victims of a car crash and started pouring salt and lemon juice on their wounds.
Last edited by Passing Through on Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Passing Through wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:55 am
Pandora is being condemned for the very wicked crime of getting married, bit of a double standard there.
Wait. So... you criticise Jacqui for deceiving Mr. Delatorre so he'd sleep with her (fair point there), yet you give Pandora a free pass for doing the same thing to Teddy's dad?? That's a double standard too.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Passing Through wrote:

Remind me, how many innocent couples did they break up during their little war on love?
Who knows? Most of it was off screen. We only kept track of Chloe, Lucretia and Torrid. Do remember that ity didn't end we'll for any of them.
Pandora is being condemned for the very wicked crime of getting married, bit of a double standard there.
That's not why Pandora was "condemned" but if you're going to bring that up, do remember she used her powers to force Lance into marrying her and it was all for a "you had sex with your mom" prank.

So not helping your case there friend. Especially sincethe marriage is a sham.
Teddi's gone beyond the pale this time tho.

I draw the line well short of deliberately worsening the suffering someone being dragged into hell and horribly tortured.
She is from hell, she's just going home. Besides, she was clearly into the choking, so the torture probably won't all that horrible.

And Teddi' s dig didn't make it worse, she was going to hell either way.

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

Cortez wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:08 am
Passing Through wrote:

Remind me, how many innocent couples did they break up during their little war on love?
Who knows? Most of it was off screen. We only kept track of Chloe, Lucretia and Torrid. Do remember that ity didn't end we'll for any of them.
That's not why Pandora was "condemned" but if you're going to bring that up, do remember she used her powers to force Lance into marrying her and it was all for a "you had sex with your mom" prank.

So not helping your case there friend. Especially sincethe marriage is a sham.
Teddi's gone beyond the pale this time tho.

I draw the line well short of deliberately worsening the suffering someone being dragged into hell and horribly tortured.
She is from hell, she's just going home. Besides, she was clearly into the choking, so the torture probably won't all that horrible.

And Teddi' s dig didn't make it worse, she was going to hell either way.
So countless then? Big number countless. As for the subsequent events, it ended pretty well for Chloe (frustratingly so even) and nothing that went wrong for them was a punishment for being good at relationship shattering, the results of the subsequent chapter were basically unrelated. Also, the bulk of the succubae involved got away scot free.

It's why Teddi was condemning her. As for the pheromones, I don't buy into the smelling very nice as mind control theory, never have, never will. Being pretty is a succubae power when you get down to it.

Is Pandora from hell? She could very easily have been born on Earth, or somewhere else altogether. Either way, the mere existence of the horrific torture upon retuning "home" clause would be grounds for asylum.

So if you were fated to be shot and/or tortured at dawn and minutes before meeting your terrible destiny you were handed a letter you were told was a pardon, only to find it said 'Ha! Ha! Fooled You!' when you opened it, you don't feel your suffering would be worsened to a considerable extent?