dmra

Re: Dangerously Chloe 21-06-18 Returning to Class

Post by dmra »

Vitocap wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:05 am
rogermart wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:41 am
@Passing Through:

Jacqui unforgivable evil? Was I reading another version of Magick Chicks/Eerie Cuties? Or were you talking about Cerise and got the names confused?
He's probably thinking of how a certain Mr. Delatorre, teacher at Artemis Academy, was bewitched and seduced by one April Nightdiamond.

For those very sad individuals whose idea of sexuality has been twisted and wrecked by religious prejudice, such an exploit embodies pure diabolical evil.
Yes because only religious fanatics think that the idea of using magic to get somebody to do something they wouldn't otherwise had done -let's not forget that Delatorre showed no interest in Jacqui as Jacqui - is in any way wrong.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it made Jacqui "evil" but it was still a pretty crap thing to do to somebody you claim to care for.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Oh no, our protagonist was briefly rude to a literal demon, who has tormented him for months(?), right before she got taken back to Hell, where she actually belongs. How positively shocking and not remotely deserved.

Come on, people. Pandora deserves much worse than a five-second prank.
**== **== **== **==

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

I hate Teddi as a character, but yeah. This was 110% justified and Pandora deserves everything coming to her. Besides, with how she acted from Ilsa strangling her, she'll probably like her punishmemt anyway.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

dmra wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:41 am
let's not forget that Delatorre showed no interest in Jacqui as Jacqui

I wouldn't go as far as saying it made Jacqui "evil" but it was still a pretty crap thing to do to somebody you claim to care for.
True. Even ignoring that, while Jacqui may be legal aged according to Canadian law, Mr. Delatorre still spurned her advances because he considered it to be "highly inappropriate".

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Valkog wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:00 am

Yeah, What Teddy did was rather tame compared to what she has done to him.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Cortez wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:25 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:15 am
Teddi has been mulling about decency and such, kicking out Chloe to remove "harmful influences" from Abby, but then sets a poor example right in front of Abby?!
Abby is already a "prankster" though.
Yeah, you have a point. However, it is still annoyingly hypocritical of Teddi to be so sanctimonious, then doing something he doesn't condone in her presence.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

BioYuGi wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:15 am
Compared to the headache-inducing convoluted crap that Pandora had inflicted, I don't think a brief thought of respite from facing just deserts could qualify Teddi as a prank "master." Hell, Pandora isn't really a "master" at it either, but I digress.

Even though Pandora deserves this and worse, one cannot really find cheer in Teddi getting a "one up" over her because it is a hollow, last second prank, as well as making Teddi similarly mean-spirited as the former; Teddi is already a rotten protagonist, but making them so gleeful to troll adds a further dissonance. Teddi has been mulling about decency and such, kicking out Chloe to remove "harmful influences" from Abby, but then sets a poor example right in front of Abby?!
Removing toxic influences from your life is ALWAYS a good thing. If you have a freeloader in your life who contributes nothing and makes your life hell you should feel no shame in kicking their ass out. Pandora's a bad influence and a bad friend to Abby.
I understand that. Yet Slash-stab was already extracting the toxic influence, which Teddi delayed only to be spiteful - as understandable as it may be, it is still a negative way to behave in front of his sister.

Teddi kicked out Chloe as he was externalising his sins upon her, yet did nothing to get rid of the vastly worse Pandora; Chloe accidentally caused a few problems, whereas Pandora deliberately and repeatedly caused greater strife, yet Teddi did nothing, so his little prank here feels unrewarding.

renmei

Post by renmei »

Valkog wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:00 am
Oh no, our protagonist was briefly rude to a literal demon, who has tormented him for months(?), right before she got taken back to Hell, where she actually belongs. How positively shocking and not remotely deserved.

She got exactly what she deserved. We always knew that she flirts with her freedom, constantly breaking rules and hurting people just for her own selfish whims. I don't think she's rotten to the core, but she is a demon to the core, and she would absolutely have done the same to Teddi if their positions were reversed. We tend to forget that Chloe is the oddball nice demon, trying to do good things with powers meant for evil.

Besides, we know Pandora will be back. If Slash-stab is good at her job, she'll lock her in a room with Dora on repeat or something. :))

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

BioYuGi wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 am
Pandora has done nothing good for Teddi at all during the course of this comic. She's a lazy, good-for-nothing mooch.
Who rescued Chloe from Heaven after the angels mistook her for Pandora? Who went out of her way to rescue Abby from Heaven after the idiot child killed herself to rescue an angel friend? Who went to Heaven to grab a Heavenly drink in order to resurrect Teddy after Chloe nearly killed him during a make out session? Who injected Teddy with Chloe's blood in order to save his life when Chloe was overcome with lust for him? Who went to Heaven in order to steal angelic blood (considered an illegal contraband, much like the Heavenly drink) in order to help Teddy in his quest to become the 'ultimate man' and save Chloe's life?

Though the first example was because of her own machinations and she was coerced into doing the second, pretty sure that was Pandora helping out in all these cases when she wasn't obligated to do anything to help anyone.

So yes, Pandora is very much an obnoxious Hellspawn; but she's not entire selfish/lazy.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

dmra

Post by dmra »

It's also worth remembering that Pandora has acted as the "expert" on things quite a few times. It was her who warned Teddi that his selection for sleeping with Chloe would probably be dead in minutes. It was Pandora who advised on the impact of Reaper ectoplasm combining with Succubus blood and so on.

Since Teddi is nowhere near as smart as he thinks he is Pandora's advice is likely to be missed pretty quickly once Teddi starts thinking about what to do with the angel blood. So while I don't blame him for wanting to get a measure of revenge he's likely to realise pretty soon that it might be helpful having her around. Especially with whatever is happening with Abby at the moment.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Something occurs to me.

Teddi was apparently carrying that card around. With her picture on it. With the words written on it. She didn’t just whip that outta thin air, right? Didn’t write the words and draw the picture while everyone was standing there. She had it at the ready.

Is it possible Teddi masterminded these events somehow? Just having the card in her pocket wouldn’t really make her the prankmaster, you need to play a deeper game for that.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:08 pm
Something occurs to me.

Teddi was apparently carrying that card around. With her picture on it. With the words written on it. She didn’t just whip that outta thin air, right? Didn’t write the words and draw the picture while everyone was standing there. She had it at the ready.

Is it possible Teddi masterminded these events somehow? Just having the card in her pocket wouldn’t really make her the prankmaster, you need to play a deeper game for that.
She might have just had it prepared for whenever she got back at Pandy. I doubt she planned this.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Dude, Teddi. I dislike Pandora intensely and wanted her gone, and even I think that was petty!