Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

brasca

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-06-18 A Truant Student

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:20 am
brasca wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:37 am
You seem to be forgetting the part where Faith was literally twisting Melissa's arm.
You seem to be forgetting that only happened because Mel took first shot and missed, so Faith retaliated.
After Faith pulled that stunt at the assembly. And Melissa's pyrotechnics wasn't as potentially lethal as shooting arrows at the coven.
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:
the only reason she was sociable afterwards is she wanted to know their secrets.
Not here she wasn't.
I don't see how asking Jacqui for a favor is all that different. By this point in the story Jacqui was popular at Artemis, but Faith was still interested in their secrets. Moreover, she soon learned Jacqui was so ditzy she really wouldn't get much information from her anyway.
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:
Teddi knew something was amiss, but why should she think she was the cause?
Because he was the only one present during both events. Pandora and Slash-Stab were nowhere to be seen either time, and Teddy should know by now that Pandora would've taken credit had she been involved. She doesn't believe in subtly. That's why she made out with his dad right in front of him, and was loud enough so Teddy would know she was having sex with him.
Maybe Pandora was changing things up to avoid being predictable. And considering that the events she orchestrated lead to Chloe's libido going into overdrive by the end of the night she had more important matters to attend than gloat over her latest prank.
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:
Teddi should have pondered the matter more carefully, but her heart was in the right place and she didn't deliberately take advantage of the situation for her own pleasure
Say again? 'cuz Teddy was getting his jollies tribbing Daisy and her friends (last panel here).
Teddi seemed more resigned to it like it was a chore albeit an enjoyable one. Blair on the other hand would've been raring to go.
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:
and it's the same with Faith.

No matter how many times you repeat it, it won't make it true.
Are you referring to me or you? Because no matter how many times I argue these points Faith is your blameless little pet and Teddi isn't. I'd almost swear you were Sandi, but if that were the case Faith would be your avatar.

Yes Teddi knows something is affecting the jocks, but doesn't think it's pheromones and decided what's the harm in letting 4 more people into her pants. Up until this point it was boy's only conga line. Did Teddy know any of them that well being the social recluse he was. And even if they were never lesbian or bisexual before keep in mind he got to second base with Lacy who claims to be a lesbian so Teddi probably accepts people sexually identifying with whatever they want. And as for your example with Faith not touching without consent the operative word is "normally" so there may have been some times when she didn't respect boundaries and that's a real shocker.

As for the matter of having to survive getting to first base when was that ever a requirement? From what I gathered sexual intercourse is all that is required.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:04 am
After Faith pulled that stunt at the assembly. And Melissa's pyrotechnics wasn't as potentially lethal as shooting arrows at the coven.
The Hellrunes were never in any danger of being hit because Callista's doesn't miss. She proved that when she killed the spider that was crawling up Cerise's skirt, without harming Cerise. Plus, Faith not only made certain Callista had a clear shot, she was seated near the front row and could TK the arrows on the off-chance anyone might've been hit.

Also, we were told by TCampbell (and Mel) that the shot she intended for Faith would've been a 1-hit KO had it connected either time she attempted it.
brasca wrote:
Maybe Pandora was changing things up to avoid being predictable.
That's reaching. Pandora's M.O. has been consistent. Why would she suddenly change either of those times?
brasca wrote:
Teddi seemed more resigned to it like it was a chore albeit an enjoyable one.
Teddy was grinning ear-to-ear. I'd hardly call that resignation, the same as when he was being nailed back to back by those jocks. He knows all of them are being magically compelled somehow and he's been taking advantage, regardless.
brasca wrote:
Faith is your blameless little pet and Teddi isn't.
Blameless, no. Unaware, yes. That's two different things.

Did her powers affect the other students, yes. The editor confirmed it. Was it her intent, or was she aware that anything was amiss prior to Cerise invading her subconsciousness? No. She had no reason to suspect anything out of the ordinary, which was also confirmed by the editor.

The same cannot be said for Teddy. He isn't aware of the pheromones he's been emitting, but he is aware of the effect they've had on the people he's been screwing. Because he knows that, under normal circumstances, none of them would give him the time of day.
brasca wrote:
Teddi doesn't think it's pheromones and decided what's the harm in letting 4 more people into her pants.
Because none of them can give proper consent. It's no different than sleeping with someone while they're intoxicated. A sensible person wouldn't try to screw the alcohol out of their system, they'd get them a cab ride home so they could sleep it off 'til they're sober.
brasca wrote:
As for the matter of having to survive getting to first base when was that ever a requirement? From what I gathered sexual intercourse is all that is required.
How are they supposed to get that far if kissing alone kills them? Which is what nearly happened to Teddy and the students back at her old school if Twiggit hadn't saved them.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:31 am
brasca wrote:
Teddi seemed more resigned to it like it was a chore albeit an enjoyable one.
Teddy was grinning ear-to-ear. I'd hardly call that resignation, the same as when he was being nailed back to back by those jocks. He knows all of them are being magically compelled somehow and he's been taking advantage, regardless.
Teddi knows that something is amiss with the four girls that jumped zie. Teddi assumes are in it for the assets.
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:
Faith is your blameless little pet and Teddi isn't.
Blameless, no. Unaware, yes. That's two different things.

Did her powers affect the other students, yes. The editor confirmed it. Was it her intent, or was she aware that anything was amiss prior to Cerise invading her subconsciousness? No. She had no reason to suspect anything out of the ordinary, which was also confirmed by the editor.

The same cannot be said for Teddy. He isn't aware of the pheromones he's been emitting, but he is aware of the effect they've had on the people he's been screwing. Because he knows that, under normal circumstances, none of them would give him the time of day.
They wouldn't give mild mannered Teddy the time of day, but this is Teddi in a hot body that would make any girl popular even if she didn't emit pheromones. If Teddi had a body like Brooke's then zie might be suspicious about all the attention, but this is a copy of Chloe's. Enough said.
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:
Teddi doesn't think it's pheromones and decided what's the harm in letting 4 more people into her pants.
Because none of them can give proper consent. It's no different than sleeping with someone while they're intoxicated. A sensible person wouldn't try to screw the alcohol out of their system, they'd get them a cab ride home so they could sleep it off 'til they're sober.
Except they aren't unconscious. They are all wide awake with a craving for Teddi so it's not the same thing. And do you seriously think a light hearted webcomic like this is going to delve into date rape territory? I think that's what irritates me the most about these comments.
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:
How are they supposed to get that far if kissing alone kills them? Which is what nearly happened to Teddy and the students back at her old school if Twiggit hadn't saved them.
And once again this is where the lack of communication is so problematic. As far as Teddi knows Chloe's date with destiny just has to be strong enough to avoid being torn apart by claws. I don't think anyone told zie that succubi could drain the life force out of a man.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:08 am
Teddi knows that something is amiss with the four girls that jumped zie.
You mean Zii? If so, I fail to see what she has to do with anything. :-\
brasca wrote:
They wouldn't give mild mannered Teddy the time of day, but this is Teddi in a hot body that would make any girl popular even if she didn't emit pheromones.
Yet, said body didn't make Chloe herself popular at her old school, 'cuz she was still second fiddle to Layla. That's why Chloe needed the Doompanties to try to upstage her.
brasca wrote:
If Teddi had a body like Brooke's then zie might be suspicious about all the attention.
More like, if he had a mind like Brooke's.
brasca wrote:
Except they aren't unconscious. They are all wide awake with a craving for Teddi so it's not the same thing.
Being intoxicated doesn't mean unconscious. It means impaired, whether it's one's vision, judgement, or in this case, their free will.
brasca wrote:
As far as Teddi knows Chloe's date with destiny just has to be strong enough to avoid being torn apart by claws. I don't think anyone told him that succubi could drain the life force out of a man.
No one has to tell him, because it almost happened to him. Or are you willfully choosing to ignore that fact?

dmra

Post by dmra »

brasca wrote:

Except they aren't unconscious. They are all wide awake with a craving for Teddi so it's not the same thing. And do you seriously think a light hearted webcomic like this is going to delve into date rape territory? I think that's what irritates me the most about these comments.
DC is a light hearted web comic that featured Lance being magically seduced by another character into marriage and multiple sexual encounter. Date rape has effectively already happened.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:42 am
brasca wrote:
Teddi knows that something is amiss with the four girls that jumped zie.
You mean Zii? If so, I fail to see what she has to do with anything. :-\
You obviously don't read Sticky Dilly Buns where the gender fluid character Angel is referred to with this particular pronoun. I found it fitting considering Teddi's situation.
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:
They wouldn't give mild mannered Teddy the time of day, but this is Teddi in a hot body that would make any girl popular even if she didn't emit pheromones.
Yet, said body didn't make Chloe herself popular at her old school, 'cuz she was still second fiddle to Layla. That's why Chloe needed the Doompanties to try to upstage her.
Charybdis is a school for cryptids. Not all supernatural species are drawn to succubi and possibly have different standards for beauty. Teddi, however, goes to a school for humans, the prey of succubi and thus irresistible even without pheromones.
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:
If Teddi had a body like Brooke's then zie might be suspicious about all the attention.
More like, if he had a mind like Brooke's.
As we have seen in the past few strips Teddy's mind was more altered by the transformation than zie thinks. When Naomi offered Teddy a handjob he ran away. Teddi on the other hand thinks things through with a certain degree of sexual gratification in mind.
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:
Except they aren't unconscious. They are all wide awake with a craving for Teddi so it's not the same thing.
Being intoxicated doesn't mean unconscious. It means impaired, whether it's one's vision, judgement, or in this case, their free will.
And how would a case be made when the so called "intoxicated" appear to be stone cold sober and would claim they are completely in their right minds? And how much of this is about free will? As we have seen there were plenty of people with latent tendencies dialed up to 11. Chloe unlocked Jacqui's boy crazy tendencies as well as Lance's desire for his sister-in-law. And like Tandy said of the four girls that attacked Teddi, "if they weren't bicurious before then they are now." It's all magical and I'll state it again Teddi has no idea what zie is capable of .
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:
As far as Teddi knows Chloe's date with destiny just has to be strong enough to avoid being torn apart by claws. I don't think anyone told him that succubi could drain the life force out of a man.
No one has to tell him, because it almost happened to him. Or are you willfully choosing to ignore that fact?
No I just interpret the facts differently. I thought Chloe accidentally fed off of Teddy while she was kissing him. That being said Chloe would have even less self control when the time comes, but Teddi thought zie might find a boy with strong psychic mojo. Pity zie never took a date to Ash's restaurant or this matter could've been resolved some time ago. It doesn't help that Pandora didn't set zie straight sooner and Chloe was sulking all this time otherwise zie could've implemented the angel blood plan sooner.
dmra wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:01 am
brasca wrote:

DC is a light hearted web comic that featured Lance being magically seduced by another character into marriage and multiple sexual encounter. Date rape has effectively already happened.
Here we go again. 8-|

I wouldn't count out pheromones overriding Lance's judgement, but here is a situation where a middle age man finds a hot girl in his kitchen who wants him. I doubt she had to use much if any of her powers to enthrall him. It's difficult to really say where free will begins and ends, but I prefer to think that the succubi just alter inhibitions and not sweat roofies because this is supposed to be a light hearted webcomic.

dmra

Post by dmra »

brasca wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:44 am

Here we go again. 8-|

I wouldn't count out pheromones overriding Lance's judgement, but here is a situation where a middle age man finds a hot girl in his kitchen who wants him. I doubt she had to use much if any of her powers to enthrall him. It's difficult to really say where free will begins and ends, but I prefer to think that the succubi just alter inhibitions and not sweat roofies because this is supposed to be a light hearted webcomic.
And I suppose the two strippers in this comic were just won over by Pandora's character and sex appeal.

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... ve-with-us

Also in a "light-hearted comic" we've seen Chloe assume that Teddy was a paedophile. We've seen somebody "die" of an overdose. We've seen monster hunters on the verge of decapitating somebody. We've seen an angel enjoying torturing somebody. We've seen somebody being physically assaulted by a gang of bullies. Oh and various people - including the crew of an ambulance that crashed because of it - being fed on by succubi.

And those are just off the top of my head.

DC may be a comic but "light hearted" it isn't.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:
You obviously don't read Sticky Dilly Buns where the gender fluid character Angel is referred to with this particular pronoun.
You're right, I don't and have no intention to because I'm not a fan of Dillon's character (or Má3, in general). Also, I'll stick with "he" for Teddy since he was originally a boy and it makes things easier. The same as with characters like Ranma.
brasca wrote:
Teddi, however, goes to a school for humans, the prey of succubi.
highlighted text: Exactly.
brasca wrote:
And how would a case be made when the so called "intoxicated" appear to be stone cold sober and would claim they are completely in their right minds? And how much of this is about free will?
For starters, we know they're not in their right minds because we've been given clear evidence of it on three occasions. And we know what each of Teddy's victims thought of him before being affected by his pheromones. So we can safely say they're in no frame of mind to give proper consent.
brasca wrote:
No I just interpret the facts differently. I thought Chloe accidentally fed off of Teddy while she was kissing him.
Which is what nearly killed him. The title of the chapter plainly states it and so did Teddy. There's nothing to interpret.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:43 am
brasca wrote:
Teddi, however, goes to a school for humans, the prey of succubi.
highlighted text: Exactly.
Teddi isn't a complete succubus, however. Zie has an irresistibly attractive body of a succubus, pheromones, and desire for sex, but lacks the appendages, certain magical abilities, and the need to feed off of people.
Gotoh wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:43 am
brasca wrote:
And how would a case be made when the so called "intoxicated" appear to be stone cold sober and would claim they are completely in their right minds? And how much of this is about free will?
For starters, we know they're not in their right minds because we've been given clear evidence of it on three occasions. And we know what each of Teddy's victims thought of him before being affected by his pheromones. So we can safely say they're in no frame of mind to give proper consent.
Yes we know that because at the readers we have the benefit of omniscience. The characters, however, are limited to what they see and hear. The students don't think magic is involved and Teddi doesn't think zie is the source of that magic. Just. Like. Faith!
dmra wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:06 am
brasca wrote:

Here we go again. 8-|

And I suppose the two strippers in this comic were just won over by Pandora's character and sex appeal.

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... ve-with-us
Maybe. We really don't know all that much about them. She's definitely using her succubi mojo, but they might be up for that kind of a thing on a regular basis.
dmra wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:06 am
Also in a "light-hearted comic" we've seen Chloe assume that Teddy was a paedophile. We've seen somebody "die" of an overdose. We've seen monster hunters on the verge of decapitating somebody. We've seen an angel enjoying torturing somebody. We've seen somebody being physically assaulted by a gang of bullies. Oh and various people - including the crew of an ambulance that crashed because of it - being fed on by succubi.

And those are just off the top of my head.

DC may be a comic but "light hearted" it isn't.
Sometimes Eerie Cuties, Magick Chicks, and Dangerously Chloe can get a little dark like Melissa and the coven getting burned at the stake if their witch heritage was discovered or the Dakota-Andorra hybrid attempting to kill herself or the resurrection of the infamous Queen Lamia as well as all the examples you point out, but the notion of people being compelled to have sex against their will crosses a line that I trust the creative team wouldn't do.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:34 pm
Teddi isn't a complete succubus, however.
Which is irrelevant, because his pheromones are affecting the students he's been sleeping with.
brasca wrote:
Yes we know that because as the readers we have the benefit of omniscience.
Which is the point being discussed: what we as the readers know to be the case, since we're debating whether what he's been doing amounts to date rape.

What Teddy knows as a character is beside the point. But, even if we were to look at it in that context, he knows from past experience that none of them would be sleeping with him under normal circumstances. Yet, he's still doing it regardless. Therefore, he's taking advantage of them; including by using Daisy and her friends as his personal goon squad.
brasca wrote:
the notion of people being compelled to have sex against their will crosses a line that I trust the creative team wouldn't do.
They already have. Several times.
  • Mr. Deltorre spurned Jacqui's advances because she's a student, so she used a glamour to trick him into thinking she was an adult to get him to sleep with her.
  • Pandora mind whammied Lance the moment he walked through his own front door, then made him marry her and made out with him in front of his kids to rub it in. Then she had sex with him, so Teddy would know it.
  • Those jocks and Daisy's gang used to kick Teddy's *** until they got a dose of his pheromones. Now they're all taking turns nailing him instead.
If you honestly think they haven't gone there yet, you're in denial.

brasca

Post by brasca »

There’s nothing conclusive. It’s all circumstantial and you choose to believe that everyone is being date raped. If it bothers you that much then you must be hate reading this.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:21 pm
There’s nothing conclusive. It’s all circumstantial
Which one and how are any of them circumstantial? :-\

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

brasca wrote:
There’s nothing conclusive. It’s all circumstantial and you choose to believe that everyone is being date raped. If it bothers you that much then you must be hate reading this.
If it were circumstantial, there wouldn't be any proof that any of those incidents were caused by someone actively manipulating the situation. But, each one of the examples Gotoh gave showed each of those characters directly influencing their targets (Jacqui and her glamor, Pandora and her demon heart pheromones, Melissa and her wand).

Even Teddy doesn't get a pass - because even though he was unaware that he was the one influencing all those people (which is baffling, considering he knew he could manipulate people into doing things just by laying on the charm) - he took advantage of the situation, anyway; knowing full well these people would not have anything to do with him under normal circumstances.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:34 pm
brasca wrote:
There’s nothing conclusive. It’s all circumstantial
Which one and how are any of them circumstantial? :-\
Mr. Deltorre was tricked, but the real issue is Jacqui used a glamour to appear as an adult when she's possibly underage. The laws on statutory rape are designed to protect underage boys and girls from predatory adults, but this is just the opposite so is he really the victim? Moreover, if Jacqui was an adult and pretended to be someone she wasn't just to have sex with him that's simple seduction and there's nothing illegal about that.

As for Ash what people say in public and do in private can be very different. Maybe he didn't want it known that he dated a transgender girl or maybe he really wasn't into Kade and this was an excuse. Besides Melissa needed to stop Ash and Dio from killing each other and was using a magic wand she still hadn't mastered. Moreover, the magic wand is a force for good so I seriously doubt it would compel two people to love each other against their will. If Ash and Dio were strictly heterosexuals they would probably end up as friends, but if they had any bisexual tendencies then they might be more than friends.

Well it goes without saying that Pandora is terrible. Not as bad as Lucretia, Torrid, or Ilsa, but certainly an amoral hedonist. Now her physical appearance alone would be enough to seduce Lance, but the pheromones just overrode his better judgement of marrying a complete stranger. Beyond that most middle age men would definitely leap at Pandora if the opportunity presented itself.

As for the jocks it's a little difficult to feel sympathetic when they committed assault and battery just because Teddi was getting all the boys. Considering that their lives could've been ruined with a criminal record or being imprisoned in a juvenile detention center they're actually getting off easy no pun intended. And I will state this again Teddi has no idea that zie is the cause of all this. The succubi mentality overrides some of zie's better judgement which by the way is not zie's fault since Teddy was injected by Pandora and Alchemy without consent.

And this isn't about denial. This is about thinking outside the box. You keep applying real life standards to a world that isn't and most of the examples happened years ago so why do you continue to read a webcomic you find morally objectionable?

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:26 am
Mr. Deltorre was tricked, but the real issue is Jacqui used a glamour to appear as an adult when she's possibly underage.
And that's all that needs to be said about that instance. She deliberately deceived an adult so he'd sleep with her.
brasca wrote:
As for Ash what people say in public and do in private can be very different.

Except the comic provides no evidence that supports your suggestion. As soon as he found out Kade was a guy, Ash said he wasn't interested and politely turned him down.
brasca wrote:
Moreover, the magic wand is a force for good so I seriously doubt it would compel two people to love each other against their will.
The same wand that regularly forces Mel to follow Tiff's workouts, against her own will?
brasca wrote:
her physical appearance alone would be enough to seduce Lance
Except that isn't what we saw happen. Lance walked in and wanted to know who Pandora was and why she was in his house. So she enthralled him to keep from possibly being thrown out.
brasca wrote:
As for the jocks it's a little difficult to feel sympathetic when they committed assault and battery just because Teddi was getting all the boys.

That hardly justifies taking advantage of them and Teddy brought it on himself by dating those jocks without at least making sure they weren't already seeing anyone.

Meddling in other people's relationships (even if unknowingly) is a potential altercation waiting to happen, especially since Teddy chose to escalate the situation by mouthing off when he could clearly see he was outnumbered. A rational person would have tried reasoning with them.
brasca wrote: so why do you continue to read a webcomic you find morally objectionable?
I haven't. I only read the previous update out of curiosity. Beyond that, I've mainly been following forum discussion.