Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Fluffy

Re: Dangerously Chloe 14-06-18 Her Own Age Again

Post by Fluffy »

Gotoh wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:47 am
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:32 am
Teddy's new mission would be to rescue his sister and he'd have to reconcile with Chloe to do it.
Considering Abby wound up signing said contract because of Chloe's decision to take her to Hell, it'd remind Chloe how rash and, frankly, stupid her decision was.
I know you'd like to think the best of the AA academy - but, seriously, there is nothing to prove that the faculty would have bought Abby's story as easily as Gabby and Tandy had.

Chloe taking Abby to Hell was a stupid move; but allowing Abby to go with people who just tried to kill her wouldn't have been any less stupid.
If the situation play out the way you're suggesting, I'd expect Teddy's reaction to be: 'we wouldn't be in this mess if it wasn't for you'. Not that I'm taking his side in this, but he wouldn't be wrong.
This is why I'm hoping Slash Stab outs Abby; because though Chloe took Abby to Hell, she would never have had a reason to do so in the first place if Abby didn't inject herself with succubus/reaper blood.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

brasca

Post by brasca »

I have to wonder if saying "Worse than Sgt. Slash-Stab" is the magic words used to summon her.

Perhaps we'll find out how Pandora was able to avoid the Headmistress of Tartaurs all this time and why.

I'm also wondering if she might use that syringe of angel's blood as a weapon. It might be like mixing matter and anti-matter together.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

QUICK!!! Where's the bucket of holy water?!

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

And Ash's chainsaw.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:55 am
I know you'd like to think the best of the AA academy - but, seriously, there is nothing to prove that the faculty would have bought Abby's story as easily as Gabby and Tandy had.
I wasn't referring to what Tandy and Gaby offered her.

If Chloe just wanted to get away from them, fine. But there were far more responsible options like taking her to see Twiggit, or better yet, she could've asked her mom for help. Anything other than dragging a 12 year old to Hell. There is no way Chloe can sanely argue that was a good idea.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

She'd been suffering conditioning at Tartarus U. for a while by then, though. Chances are, she defaulted to that horrible place as 'safe/home ground when threatened' because that's what her teachers beat into her brain.

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

Or teleported her to hell, then immediately teleport somewhere else.

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

brasca wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:00 pm
I have to wonder if saying "Worse than Sgt. Slash-Stab" is the magic words used to summon her.

Perhaps we'll find out how Pandora was able to avoid the Headmistress of Tartaurs all this time and why.

I'm also wondering if she might use that syringe of angel's blood as a weapon. It might be like mixing matter and anti-matter together.
I like the theory that she's Ilsa's daughter. They look pretty similar.

DarkAsh

Post by DarkAsh »

Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:56 pm
She'd been suffering conditioning at Tartarus U. for a while by then, though. Chances are, she defaulted to that horrible place as 'safe/home ground when threatened' because that's what her teachers beat into her brain.
Agreed. Even if Chloe does not act like a typical Succubus, she probably doesn't think anything is wrong with Tartarus so taking Abby there didn't feel like a bad idea. She would likely feel the same way before being indoctrinated. She's probably in a constant struggling between her biological instincts and her kinder nature. So claiming she made a bad decision is all a matter of perspective.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Dragon Paladin wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:56 am
It also plays into the parallels between DC and "Ah, Megami-sama" we all noticed early on.
The similarities have been getting a little stronger, too. We now have three succubi of distinct levels of experience, a demonic "queen" of sorts, and a hapless suitor whose life is thrown into complete disarray by the supernatural.
And from the look of things, the future looks like a warped reflection of what Belldandy's father expected would eventually come to pass as well.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Dragon Paladin wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:56 am
brasca wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:00 pm

That's what I've thought too so maybe Pandora wouldn't kill her own mother, but Teddi might if he thought her death would reverse the contract.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

DarkAsh wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:43 am
Agreed. Even if Chloe does not act like a typical Succubus, she probably doesn't think anything is wrong with Tartarus so taking Abby there didn't feel like a bad idea.
Except Chloe has lived in the human world long enough that she should've known better. Even Nina wasn't willing to go there and she's vampire.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

@gotoh - except doesn't time pass differently in Hell compared to the mortal realm?

Who's to say how long Chloe has actually lived in Hell.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I think that the continuing category error round here is assuming that the setting has any consistent internal rules at all. Honestly, this is the sort of fantasy that reads like playing tennis without a net.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Gotoh wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:20 pm

I wasn't referring to what Tandy and Gaby offered her.

If Chloe just wanted to get away from them, fine. But there were far more responsible options like taking her to see Twiggit, or better yet, she could've asked her mom for help. Anything other than dragging a 12 year old to Hell. There is no way Chloe can sanely argue that was a good idea.
There were two issues that were causing problems when Chloe took Abby to Hell. One was the need to get away from the Hunters, the second was Abby being half human half succubus because of the blood she'd injected.

Taking Abby anywhere else in the human world would have solved 1) at least for a time but done nothing to rectify 2). On the other hand Chloe knows that Hell has people, like Ilsa, who can do magic and could probably return Abby to normal.

So take her to Hell, get Ilsa to do her magic (with Chloe paying the price for it by the way) before returning a now fully human Abby back home. Doesn't sound that stupid or irresponsible to me. Chloe wasn't to know that Ilsa wanted to prove a point to her about getting attached or that Abby would a) not sign the contract because for once she was able to put aside her obsession with getting boobs and b) sign another contract making her into a full blown succubus.