Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh

Re: Dangerously Chloe 7-06-18 Cloud Our Judgement

Post by Gotoh »

rogermart wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:23 am
Gotoh wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:25 pm
Layla and Faith tie as my overall favorites from EC and MC respectively.
My favorites in EC/MC are Faith/Tiff/Layla, and I would pay for a comic where Faith finally is dating Tiff only to find out Layla is Tiff's "best sworn frienemy"
As much as I'd like to see that, Tiff still had trust issues with Faith on top of struggling with the realization of being attracted to another girl. She seemed to be testing the waters with Faith by the time MC went on hiatus, so I wouldn't expect to see them dating anytime soon.

That said, I was waiting to see what would happen when/if Layla ever found out Tiff was a vampire slayer in training. On one hand, it could make things awkward between them. Or may be not, considering Layla used to be childhood friends with Stephanie Kane (VC/PMS).

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

@gotoh - didn't you say awhile back that EC appearing in VC was not considered canon?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Gotoh wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:30 pm
As much as I'd like to see that, Tiff still had trust issues with Faith on top of struggling with the realization of being attracted to another girl. She seemed to be testing the waters with Faith by the time MC went on hiatus, so I wouldn't expect to see them dating anytime soon.
In the end collage we see them training together, so at least they became close friends (and remember, Cerise's actions made Faith see that she was not being a good leader and she promised to be better, so i think Tiff would like that), but that's not an obstacle to made a comic when they finally date, Giz/Dave/Fernando Ruiz only need to do a time jump and a small summary of how the relationship evolved...
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:30 pm
@gotoh - didn't you say awhile back that EC appearing in VC was not considered canon?
The skull that Stephanie Kane wears is from Layla, also, she called Maria to ask about Lori Thurston, and even mentioned that Tiff was a harsh critic... Those things are not canon? Giz and Dave worked with Adam in those crossovers...
Last edited by rogermart on Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:30 pm
I'm not ignoring that.

My point was, if Layla could still be friends with Steph, despite knowing Steph's parents were cryptid hunters, then maybe she might not care if she ever found out Tiff is one too.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

rogermart wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:15 pm
remember, Cerise's actions made Faith see that she was not being a good leader and she promised to be better
Cerise faults everyone (besides herself), so I'd take any criticism from her with a pile of salt. Emphasis on "salt" in light of the fact we were told the exact opposite by the comic's editor.

Faith only told Cerise she wasn't going to intervene, since she was letting the student council stand on their own, this time.
rogermart wrote:
that's not an obstacle to made a comic when they finally date, Giz/Dave/Fernando Ruiz only need to do a time jump and a small summary of how the relationship evolved...
A timeskip could work, but I'd rather see how they got there, rather than hear about it.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Gotoh wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:47 pm
rogermart wrote:
remember, Cerise's actions made Faith see that she was not being a good leader and she promised to be better
Cerise faults everyone (besides herself), so I'd take any criticism from her with a pile of salt. Emphasis on "salt" in light of the fact we were told the exact opposite by the comic's editor.

Faith only told Cerise she wasn't going to intervene, since she was letting the student council stand on their own, this time.
Faith said to her "I am trying to be more humble now, that's why i'm gonna hold back and let your second-worse enemy have a crack at you", then when cerise said "Are you really going to just stand there?" she said "after your critique of my leadership style I pretty much have to. The girls need to stand on her own"

So she was trying to be more humble, and i guess that's why Tiff is comfortable giving her nude yoga DVD to her in exchange of forgiving Cerise, and also why they are cool training together in the final collage.

About what TCampbell said, I don't remember what it was in this instance.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

rogermart wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:06 am
TCampbell wrote:That said, I do think Faith's power is at the core of her popularity. When the school is under attack, they defer to her. Yeah, she's at least a competent leader, and her powers are useful for coordinating forces.
As for why Faith told Cerise she was staying out of it:
TCampbell wrote:But she's also strong, she can protect them, she makes them feel safe. To say Mel doesn't yet grasp this sort of "merit-based" social structure is to say Nina doesn't yet grasp dating etiquette.
So we have confirmation that Faith is a capable leader both from the editor and the comic itself.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Gotoh wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:40 am
rogermart wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:06 am
TCampbell wrote:That said, I do think Faith's power is at the core of her popularity. When the school is under attack, they defer to her. Yeah, she's at least a competent leader, and her powers are useful for coordinating forces.
As for why Faith told Cerise she was staying out of it:
TCampbell wrote:But she's also strong, she can protect them, she makes them feel safe. To say Mel doesn't yet grasp this sort of "merit-based" social structure is to say Nina doesn't yet grasp dating etiquette.
So we have confirmation that Faith is a capable leader both from the editor and the comic itself.
Ok, I think there's a misunderstanding, my bad. I never thought she was a bad leader, My opinion of her always was that she is a good, kick-ass, really cool leader with some flaws, that's why she is in my Top 3 of the ECverse, and now I know that TCampbell confirmed that she is a good leader, thanks for the info :-bd

I was saying that SHE thought she was not being a good leader, and that's why she tried to be more humble.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

rogermart wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:01 pm
Ok, I think there's a misunderstanding, my bad. I never thought she was a bad leader, My opinion of her always was that she is a good, kick-ass, really cool leader with some flaws
Ah, my bad.
rogermart wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:01 pm
I was saying that SHE thought she was not being a good leader, and that's why she tried to be more humble.
In that case, we're in agreement on both points. :YMPEACE: