Dangerously Chloe 28-05-18 Done With All That

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Tako

Re: Dangerously Chloe 28-05-18 Done With All That

Post by Tako »

Oh please, don't ruin Naomi's life any more please! She is failing at school, her parents treat her like crap, a sadistic bully who likes to make her miserable is living under her roof, everybody thinks she's crazy... Leave her alone, please!

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

For some reason I'm hoping that Naomi's hobby of detective work into the paranormal gets her an invite to join Artemis Academy.

I'd LOVE to see what kind of Monster Hunter in training she'd be
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

lordoffiling wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 10:08 am
Rosa wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:29 am
Btw, did you notice the two cups of ice cream in the first panel? It's reasonable to assume that the waitress brought them at the same time... but Prudy's ice cream stands tall, perky and proud, while Naomi's ice cream has melted to a blob of depressed goo. I love these moments where the world around the characters seems to twist itself to reflect the mood of the scene. :)
Me too! Although... Another possibility is that Prudy is on her second, or third, or fourth. That’d be in-character for her. :)
Lol, I hadn't thought of that! :))

(But, if that's the case... wouldn't Naomi be the one paying for all that ice cream!? Prudy, you naughty angel!)
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

brasca

Post by brasca »

Tako wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 1:04 pm
Oh please, don't ruin Naomi's life any more please! She is failing at school, her parents treat her like crap, a sadistic bully who likes to make her miserable is living under her roof, everybody thinks she's crazy... Leave her alone, please!
She's failing at school because she's obsessed with this nonexistent alien conspiracy, it's a bit much to say that her parents "treat her like crap" based on one line from the only scene they appear, and as for the sadistic bully she's living with Tandy right now. I'd say her life has improved remarkably lately. Unless of course she misses that sadistic bully.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

TheEighth wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 1:19 pm
For some reason I'm hoping that Naomi's hobby of detective work into the paranormal gets her an invite to join Artemis Academy.
Gosh I sure hope not...
"Dangerously Chloe" is set in a world designed as per the medieval christian model... there's a heaven, a hell, a Father God ruling heaven, archdevils like Ba'al ruling hell, angels with halos & dove wings who guide people to virtue, demons with horns & bat wings who tempt people into sin... the nice people go to heaven to have fun forever, the bad people go to hell to be boiled in lava pits... it's a pure Abrahamic monotheistic setting... which means pagan deities like Artemis or Apollo have no place in this world...

I've thought this from the beginning: Dave is doing the right thing when he minimizes the role of Artemis & Apollo academies in the story... coz trying to explain the mythological contradictions would get complicated really fast... the way things are now, we can just leave it at "yes, yes, it's a christian universe with pagan deities, whatever, don't try to figure it out, just smile and nod and accept it, it has zero relevance to the story anyway..."

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

The academies have a place in the setting's world, however. Disregarding religious concerns for the moment, Apollo and Artemis academy train monster hunters.
As Naomi lacks a noticeable capacity for magic or psionics, she'd end up in the combat corps if she got accepted. With her high energy, she might fit in well with that crowd. And with proper training in the nature of cryptids, a lot of things might finally make sense to her.

It could be a net gain for both Naomi and the combat corps, what with her dedication to researching suspicious situations and her guardian angel providing access to special gear.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Tako wrote:
And i think everyone mistook her as being transphobic for how she has treated Teddy. Poor Naomi can't catch a break.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Not so much transphobic as stunned and disbelieving that Teddy could have become Teddi over the weekend, as far as I could see.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Cortez wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 8:26 pm
Tako wrote:
And i think everyone mistook her as being transphobic for how she has treated Teddy. Poor Naomi can't catch a break.
Perhaps she's been threatened by Teddi's gang off panel and without her knowledge. It would be somewhat fitting since she originally extorted a date out of Teddy by threatening to sic some jocks on him.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

I'm never going to forget Abbey went from looking like this:

To looking like this:

in one day, and as per the latest strip is being chased by what seems like random men? She's 12....

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Yes. It is ghastly.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

brasca wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:21 pm
Cortez wrote:
Perhaps she's been threatened by Teddi's gang off panel and without her knowledge. It would be somewhat fitting since she originally extorted a date out of Teddy by threatening to sic some jocks on him.
but she had a noble reason for doing so...

remember, she was convinced she had to save the world from an alien danger... maybe even *gasp* an invasion of bodysnatchers! :p

(I laugh every time I recall her reaction when she thought she had unmasked Teddy: "I was right! I was right! I'm so happy and terrified!" :)) )

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Cortez wrote:
Tako wrote:
That would be sad, if it were true. Naomi's reaction was more than understandable; given that no one has that kind of extensive 'surgical work' done - and be completely healed - in the span of a weekend.

The fact that the rest of the class believed Teddy's claims is either due to the succubus pheromones, they all don't dare to question Teddy's claims for fear of appearing transphobic or they're all really that stupid.
Last edited by Fluffy on Tue May 29, 2018 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I don't know about stupid. The other students don't know magic exist and they certainly don't believe Teddy is a space alien, so i can see them believing Teddy's claim of knowing a really good surgeon over the belief that Teddy is a shapeshifting space alien.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Even with the most phenomenal plastic surgeon known to man performing the transition, a person would have to throw their scruples right out the window to believe that a person could recover from extensive/complicated surgeries in the course of two days and not question it.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.