Dangerously Chloe 9-05-18 One of Us

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh
Posts: 3903
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-05-18 One of Us

Post by Gotoh » Fri May 11, 2018 3:01 pm

dmra wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 12:33 pm
The example of Ace and Kade didn't involve cross species change so even if it was relevant the fact that Ace could resist is anything in favour of the argument that Teddi should be able to as well.
No, it isn't. Ace and Twigget both noted that their male personas were gradually being submerged by their new female personas; including in the strip I linked to.

That's why Brooke said she was keeping an eye on Kade, to keep him from doing anything he might regret later. And in that same strip, she likened it to her own experience when she was changed by the orb. And while they wre at the park, Ace told Kade he forgot to warn him about the hormonal effects of being a girl (panels 2 and 5).

Ace fought it up until the very end, Kade didn't. But both were being affected by their new physiology which was gradually causing them to think and behave differently than what was normal for them.
dmra wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 12:33 pm
And if Teddi was being compelled to do something by his physiology rather than just finding it intensely pleasurable surely we'd have seen some sign of it.
Again, compulsion takes many forms.

To a human, the thought of consuming blood is disgusting. For a vampire, blood is not only essential for their survival, they can derive different flavors from it, and the victim's blood can even be addicting (like Chloe's), or tempting (i.e. Faith's).

Teddy is currently part succubus/part reaper (whatever that entails). For a normal human, sex feels great. For a succubus, it's quite literally what they live for. Lucretia even said her body was (quote): "built for sex".

So we're clear: I'm not arguing that Teddy is definitely under some form of compulsion. But if the writers were to reveal that he is, they've at least given themselves leeway for it.

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3299
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-05-18 One of Us

Post by Fluffy » Fri May 11, 2018 3:17 pm

I always took that 'hardwired for sex' comment as her body was made for having sex 'with' - not necessarily that 'she' (Lucretia - and succubus, by extent) were born to have sex.

Sex is part of their very existence; but it doesn't mean they're compelled to have sex at the drop of a hat. They always have a choice if they want/need it. If they didn't, Chloe wouldn't be able to help herself from killing innocent people in her compulsion to get V card punched.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

User avatar
rogermart
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:04 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-05-18 One of Us

Post by rogermart » Fri May 11, 2018 3:28 pm

And let's remember that Teddi is not just part-succubus. He is also part-male human teenager

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... _Mish_Mash

So combine a male teen's libido (which we know is through the roof) with a succubus libido which is even bigger... And throw his natural curiosity for how things work (which was the thing that got him in trouble in the first place ), That's a perfect storm if you ask me...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

dmra
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-05-18 One of Us

Post by dmra » Fri May 11, 2018 3:35 pm

@Gotoh,

Fluffy has answered part of your post already so I won't repeat the same arguments. I would add though that it say blood was necessary for a Vampires survival is a bit unclear. After all Nina managed to live without it for years albeit at the cost of possible damage to her maturity.

As for the rest of it at the time of the EC gender swap stories it was made clear that while the outward nature of the person may have changed their inner nature hadn't. Ace and Kade were both drawn to men not because they always had been but because as heterosexual boys they had become heterosexual girls. Otherwise they would have become lesbians.

So, unless you believe that boys and girls are inherently different creatures there wasn't anything fundamental for them to resist. Which is why Ace and Kade stayed essentially Ace and Kade even though their external bodily structure changed from male to female. Ace was still a decent, thoughtful unsure of himself werewolf while Kade was a pleasure chasing and hang the consequences were-cat.

Gotoh
Posts: 3903
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-05-18 One of Us

Post by Gotoh » Fri May 11, 2018 4:06 pm

@dmra: Ace wasn't drawn to men, he openly objected twice when Kade came onto him.

Ace was attracted to Brooke, despite being a girl at the time. Which is why he asked if he was the other girl Brooke might've been attracted to and was disappointed when she said, "no". And when she kissed him at the dance, he asked if he could try again. Which is the reason he showed up on her doorstep to ask her out as soon as he got his own body back.

Kade also remained attracted to Layla and tried to make her jealous when he saw she was with Dio. Then he went out with Mel because he planned to pass the curse onto her so he could change himself back into a boy and try to win Layla back from Dio. But in the meantime, he was making time with anything with a pulse.
Fluffy wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:17 pm
I always took that 'hardwired for sex' comment as her body was made for having sex 'with' - not necessarily that 'she' (Lucretia - and succubus, by extent) were born to have sex.

Sex is part of their very existence; but it doesn't mean they're compelled to have sex at the drop of a hat. They always have a choice if they want/need it. If they didn't, Chloe wouldn't be able to help herself from killing innocent people in her compulsion to get V card punched.
Sure, I can agree with that 100%, but sex and the desire for sex is still an essential part of their nature. Just as consuming blood is part of a vampire's nature. It doesn't mean they'll pounce just anyone and suck them dry, but they still need blood for nurishment.

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3299
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-05-18 One of Us

Post by Fluffy » Fri May 11, 2018 4:57 pm

@gotoh - the point is that Teddy implying it's due to the succubus skin that he's so promiscuous is a load of BS; as it's been established that succubi are perfectly capable of controlling their urges. Teddy's lack on control is due to his own poor choices; not the fact he's part succubus.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Onyx
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-05-18 One of Us

Post by Onyx » Fri May 11, 2018 5:05 pm

Dragon Paladin wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:44 pm
I could be wrong, but i remember reading somewhere that that only applies to actual humans or people photoshopped to look like minors. Cartoons and drawings are not covered by those laws, so a fictional cartoon character can be depicted in sexual and even pornographic situations.
In the UK, a 2009 revision to the law made it so that ANY sexual depictions of a fictional character under 18, even if they're a very exaggerated cartoon image and not just a semi realistic photograph, is illegal. This is why I make such a fuss that Teddi should be 18 and not 16. Technically under UK law, that one panel of Teddi's silhouette humping the guy in the motel window or the sequence where she visualised a penis as Chloe or the plethora of scenes of her stripping or otherwise showing her breasts, or even the panel of Pandora masturbating her in the shower, would be considered by a judge as obscene material.

Canada is probably very similar to the UK law in this regard. Sorry if I sound like I'm a killjoy but the content I've listed makes Dangerously Chloe dangerously skirt with the law.

dmra
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-05-18 One of Us

Post by dmra » Fri May 11, 2018 5:17 pm

Gotoh wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 4:06 pm
@dmra: Ace wasn't drawn to men, he openly objected twice when Kade came onto him.

I don't have time to look now but I'm pretty sure that Giz posted something to the effect that the changes to Ace and Kade didn't change their orientation - just the targets for it. As indeed your examples actually seem to show.

On the first occasion Ace blushes when Kade kisses his hand and on the second Ace doesn't protest or back off or even look upset when Kade moves in for the kiss. Instead he shows every sign of enjoying it. Whatever Ace may say ( and however much Kade deserves a slap or two) they don't strike me as examples of the behaviour of somebody who isn't drawn to men.

Gotoh
Posts: 3903
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-05-18 One of Us

Post by Gotoh » Fri May 11, 2018 7:31 pm

@dmra: Ace was shocked in the first instance and Kade stole the kiss in the second link. But he was vocal about not being into other guys and wanting his own body back.
Fluffy wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 4:57 pm
@gotoh - the point is that Teddy implying it's due to the succubus skin that he's so promiscuous is a load of BS; as it's been established that succubi are perfectly capable of controlling their urges. Teddy's lack on control is due to his own poor choices; not the fact he's part succubus.
Perhaps not the succubus skin itself, but the pheromones certainly opened the door of possibility for him, which has given him tons of questionable ***play. The skin simply heightens the experience for him (thus, making it harder for him to reesist).

I agree that his so-called "justification" is flimsy (as far as alleging to take responsibility for Daisy and her friends), but just because his reasons are suspect doesn't mean there might not be at least some truth to what he's saying.

User avatar
Dragon Paladin
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:43 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-05-18 One of Us

Post by Dragon Paladin » Fri May 11, 2018 8:45 pm

Onyx wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:05 pm
Dragon Paladin wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:44 pm
I could be wrong, but i remember reading somewhere that that only applies to actual humans or people photoshopped to look like minors. Cartoons and drawings are not covered by those laws, so a fictional cartoon character can be depicted in sexual and even pornographic situations.
In the UK, a 2009 revision to the law made it so that ANY sexual depictions of a fictional character under 18, even if they're a very exaggerated cartoon image and not just a semi realistic photograph, is illegal. This is why I make such a fuss that Teddi should be 18 and not 16. Technically under UK law, that one panel of Teddi's silhouette humping the guy in the motel window or the sequence where she visualised a penis as Chloe or the plethora of scenes of her stripping or otherwise showing her breasts, or even the panel of Pandora masturbating her in the shower, would be considered by a judge as obscene material.

Canada is probably very similar to the UK law in this regard. Sorry if I sound like I'm a killjoy but the content I've listed makes Dangerously Chloe dangerously skirt with the law.
Oh, i wasn't calling you a killjoy at all. See, i was speaking as someone living in the US. I don't know what the laws for that are in the UK or Canada.
I am Suleviir, Paladin of Iomede, Goddess of Valor. Those who do evil shall fear my blade.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:30 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-05-18 One of Us

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy » Fri May 11, 2018 10:23 pm

...
.........
You guys really believe that laws from USA or UK have effect in other countries? that the people from any other independent state in the world give a shit about laws in USA & UK? :-o

How old are y'all, anyway? is this a forum full of midschoolers?




Image

User avatar
Dragon Paladin
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:43 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-05-18 One of Us

Post by Dragon Paladin » Sat May 12, 2018 12:19 am

Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:23 pm
...
.........
You guys really believe that laws from USA or UK have effect in other countries? that the people from any other independent state in the world give a shit about laws in USA & UK? :-o

How old are y'all, anyway? is this a forum full of midschoolers?
Well, we were just discussing what the laws were in the countries we live in, since, at least i, don't know what Canada's laws are. You're the one throwing childish insults at people who are simply having a discussion.
I am Suleviir, Paladin of Iomede, Goddess of Valor. Those who do evil shall fear my blade.

dmra
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 9-05-18 One of Us

Post by dmra » Sat May 12, 2018 1:17 am

Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:23 pm
...
.........
You guys really believe that laws from USA or UK have effect in other countries? that the people from any other independent state in the world give a shit about laws in USA & UK? :-o

How old are y'all, anyway? is this a forum full of midschoolers?



You should probably do a bit more research before you try to patronise other people for being ill informed.

Lots of companies trade in more than one country and thus fall under all manner of legal jurisdictions. Google and Facebook have been fined by the EU and British and French banks have been fined by the US.

So if Pixietrix or the company hosting the images has any kind of economic presence - and even internet companies can have an economic presence - in the UK or US they could very well have to "give a shit about laws" there.

Post Reply