Dangerously Chloe 26-04-18 Dress Like a Twelve Year Old

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip
Posts: 402
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Dangerously Chloe 26-04-18 Dress Like a Twelve Year Old

Post by Jason Waltrip » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:16 am

New Strip! Abby tries on some more clothes, some to Teddy's liking,... and some not!

User avatar
Hyper Magi
Posts: 700
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:04 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 26-04-18 Dress Like a Twelve Year Old

Post by Hyper Magi » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:21 am

Well this is going into a whole new territory.


That's... all I can say right now and remain respectful.
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

User avatar
DarkAsh
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 2:57 am
Location: Sacramento, California

Re: Dangerously Chloe 26-04-18 Dress Like a Twelve Year Old

Post by DarkAsh » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:30 am

I like how Abby looks with her lips closed in the fourth panel. Less like a blow-up doll. Plus she has a very fierce look in her eyes.
Last edited by DarkAsh on Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rosa
BANNED
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:22 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 26-04-18 Dress Like a Twelve Year Old

Post by Rosa » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:51 am

Third. Meh. Oh well, at least I get to be on the podium.

@DarkAsh, I'm guessing you mean you like how Abby looks with her lips closed.
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

User avatar
DarkAsh
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 2:57 am
Location: Sacramento, California

Re: Dangerously Chloe 26-04-18 Dress Like a Twelve Year Old

Post by DarkAsh » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:57 am

Yes, that's what I meant. Fixed. Thanks, Rosa.

User avatar
Vitocap
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 5:02 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 26-04-18 Dress Like a Twelve Year Old

Post by Vitocap » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:40 am

Pull it off? Abby, dear, you're rocking that outfit so hard it's crazy!!! You look like a dream! A wet dream, at that! Please, please pick your whole new wardrobe from the Children/Tween section of the shop! :x

Oh, and since we are at it, I will also mention that my first thoughts after reading this lovely strip were for:

Image


I wonder how many of you remember this. :p It's a decisive proof of cultural superiority when a country can put this sort of thing in a cartoon for little girls and everyone thinks it's totally okay. :-bd In the Puritan West, you find it only in sex comedies targeted specifically at an adult audience -- and even then there will be fundies to rant against it and go "squick squick" like poorly oiled hinges.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

User avatar
Dragon Paladin
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:43 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 26-04-18 Dress Like a Twelve Year Old

Post by Dragon Paladin » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:02 am

Oh good grief, what the hell is with these outfits? #-o There's making an outfit intentionally ridiculous for a joke, and then there's just an eyesore.
I am Suleviir, Paladin of Iomede, Goddess of Valor. Those who do evil shall fear my blade.

OllieOrOlly
Posts: 566
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:48 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 26-04-18 Dress Like a Twelve Year Old

Post by OllieOrOlly » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:06 am

I'm a bit slow, but I've realised another problem with this strip - they fail to utilise the fantasy setting. Girls clothes shopping is a tried and true (if overused) staple of rom com - a recent example of doing this but taking advantage of its fantasy setting is in a kid's show, Star vs. The Forces of Evil; they have an episode in which the female and male lead go on a shopping adventure, but it is in an extraordinary parallel world store. Now, one can utilise a mundane setting for fish out of water stories, but both Teddi and Abby are/were human - perhaps they wouldn't fully understand more mature fashion, yet they shouldn't behave like frigging aliens.

Anyways, the final panel kind of emphasises two theories: the creators don't think further than surface level so they can't see it is sort of creepy, so just a joke, or it is simply a case of someone finding some way to express their fetishes... To each their own, it's all fictional, so it is slightly less weird.
Also, what a waste of an update... Par for the course, but I guess I'm grateful it was only a bit sexual and not gratuitously.

dmra
Posts: 608
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 26-04-18 Dress Like a Twelve Year Old

Post by dmra » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:08 am

I can think of many proofs of cultural superiority but sexualising under age children isn't one I'd be too quick to suggest. And It isn't only "fundies" who find the idea of making 12 year old girls into sex objects "squicky". This agnostic for one finds it pretty awful.

But Teddi isn't really helping. Abby's normal clothes were nothing like the outfit he suggested but were hardly scandalous.

And for that matter what the heck happened to Abby's wings int he first outfit?

User avatar
Dragon Paladin
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:43 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 26-04-18 Dress Like a Twelve Year Old

Post by Dragon Paladin » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:13 am

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:06 am
I'm a bit slow, but I've realised another problem with this strip - they fail to utilise the fantasy setting. Girls clothes shopping is a tried and true (if overused) staple of rom com - a recent example of doing this but taking advantage of its fantasy setting is in a kid's show, Star vs. The Forces of Evil; they have an episode in which the female and male lead go on a shopping adventure, but it is in an extraordinary parallel world store. Now, one can utilise a mundane setting for fish out of water stories, but both Teddi and Abby are/were human - perhaps they wouldn't fully understand more mature fashion, yet they shouldn't behave like frigging aliens.

Anyways, the final panel kind of emphasises two theories: the creators don't think further than surface level so they can't see it is sort of creepy, so just a joke, or it is simply a case of someone finding some way to express their fetishes... To each their own, it's all fictional, so it is slightly less weird.
Also, what a waste of an update... Par for the course, but I guess I'm grateful it was only a bit sexual and not gratuitously.
Actually, it would be pretty funny if pandora tried to take her clothes shopping in hell and Teddi convinced Prudy to take her to the more modest heaven store.
I am Suleviir, Paladin of Iomede, Goddess of Valor. Those who do evil shall fear my blade.

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 3383
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 26-04-18 Dress Like a Twelve Year Old

Post by brasca » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:46 am

Vitocap wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:40 am
Pull it off? Abby, dear, you're rocking that outfit so hard it's crazy!!! You look like a dream! A wet dream, at that! Please, please pick your whole new wardrobe from the Children/Tween section of the shop! :x

Oh, and since we are at it, I will also mention that my first thoughts after reading this lovely strip were for:

Image


I wonder how many of you remember this. :p It's a decisive proof of cultural superiority when a country can put this sort of thing in a cartoon for little girls and everyone thinks it's totally okay. :-bd In the Puritan West, you find it only in sex comedies targeted specifically at an adult audience -- and even then there will be fundies to rant against it and go "squick squick" like poorly oiled hinges.
Speaking of anime fashion I noticed Abby has her tail belted around her waist just like the Saiyans. Fabulous level over 9000!

OllieOrOlly
Posts: 566
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:48 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 26-04-18 Dress Like a Twelve Year Old

Post by OllieOrOlly » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:38 am

Dragon Paladin wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:13 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:06 am
I'm a bit slow, but I've realised another problem with this strip - they fail to utilise the fantasy setting. Girls clothes shopping is a tried and true (if overused) staple of rom com - a recent example of doing this but taking advantage of its fantasy setting is in a kid's show, Star vs. The Forces of Evil; they have an episode in which the female and male lead go on a shopping adventure, but it is in an extraordinary parallel world store. Now, one can utilise a mundane setting for fish out of water stories, but both Teddi and Abby are/were human - perhaps they wouldn't fully understand more mature fashion, yet they shouldn't behave like frigging aliens.

Anyways, the final panel kind of emphasises two theories: the creators don't think further than surface level so they can't see it is sort of creepy, so just a joke, or it is simply a case of someone finding some way to express their fetishes... To each their own, it's all fictional, so it is slightly less weird.
Also, what a waste of an update... Par for the course, but I guess I'm grateful it was only a bit sexual and not gratuitously.
Actually, it would be pretty funny if pandora tried to take her clothes shopping in hell and Teddi convinced Prudy to take her to the more modest heaven store.
Exactly. That's a good example of using the same idea, but actually taking advantage of the supernatural possibilities.

User avatar
Shaitan051
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:55 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 26-04-18 Dress Like a Twelve Year Old

Post by Shaitan051 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:25 am

Sorry Teddi but nope. When she has a body like a pornstar dressing "sensible" just turns her into a Sexy Librarian/Boss/Secretary/Etc.

You may want to try a stylish burlap sack.

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3358
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 26-04-18 Dress Like a Twelve Year Old

Post by Fluffy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:34 am

Abby: I think I can pull this off.

No, no, she can't. Abby doesn't look trendy, or sexy - she looks like a grown woman wearing clothes entirely too small for her frame; thus, she looks utterly ridiculous/trashy.

Considering they have the same body type, why Teddy just doesn't cut out the middle man and let Abby borrow some of his clothes...oh, wait; because Teddy thinks they're too provocative for his baby sister.
dmra wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:08 am
And for that matter what the heck happened to Abby's wings int he first outfit?
The wings are missing in the panel just below it, too. My guess would be that they're tucked inside the clothes - which wouldn't make sense, as the sides should look bulky, as a result. There's also a lack of consistency, as the wings appear in the final panel - despite the fact that the too small T-shirt wouldn't allow for them to poke out naturally. In fact, all the clothes should have tears/rips in them - considering no matter how stretchy the material might be, no female with proportions like that would ever be able to squeeze into those clothes without damaging them to some degree and/or show some major boob squish/underboob exposure and overlapping skin.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

User avatar
otaku247
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:48 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 26-04-18 Dress Like a Twelve Year Old

Post by otaku247 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:29 pm

DarkAsh wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:30 am
I like how Abby looks with her lips closed in the fourth panel. Less like a blow-up doll. Plus she has a very fierce look in her eyes.
Reminds me a lot of how Rumiko Takahashi drew Lum-chan in the few instances she wore the long dress versions of school uniforms

Post Reply