Dangerously Chloe 19-04-18 Lost My Room Key

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

tau neutrino

Re: Dangerously Chloe 19-04-18 Lost My Room Key

Post by tau neutrino »

I was thinking about possible endings for DC. If there was a Ranma 1/2 type ending where Adora shows up and takes Chloe back to Charybdis High after the other plot points are resolved, would people be mad?

meps98

Post by meps98 »

DarkAsh wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:36 am
Its not as if Teddi can put the money in a bank. It would attract to much attention.

@Mr. Picky, it's easier when you are an identical twin.

Do those bills look to small to anyone else? I don't know what the point of this page is. There's no joke and Chloe already knows how much Teddi earns in one night so this much shouldn't be a surprise.
Not for deposit into an account but certainly a safety deposit box.

joe england

Post by joe england »

Y'know... this might go without saying, but she's taking a LOT of liberties by impersonating someone whose bad side she's currently on. I mean, she's not actually planning to use any of that money, is she? She's already arguably committed theft by masquerading as "Teddi" and profiting at his place of work, but now she's messing with cash that he directly earned.

We all know that Teddi's anger is misplaced, but it's also very understandable, and perhaps even overdue. Chloe HAS screwed up his life either directly or indirectly in a variety of ways, and he's been fairly earnest in his efforts to help her up to now. But it's been, what, a night or two since their blowout? It's not hard to believe that with Abby's pleas on Chloe's behalf and some time to cool off Teddi might forgive the recent mayhem. After all, Abby's condition is more her own fault than Chloe's. But there's no moral ambiguity in straight up identity theft! That's a pretty blatant betrayal of trust, even if there's not much trust to go around.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Arguably Teddi only earned the money because he looked like Chloe. Therefore he potentially owes her a payment for use of image rights.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

joe england wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:01 pm
She's already arguably committed theft by masquerading as "Teddi" and profiting at his place of work, but now she's messing with cash that he directly earned.
Teddy's been using a fake ID to work there, so he's in no position to press charges. Unless, he's willing to take a chance on being found out, which would likely cost him his job. Plus, he'd end up facing charges himself.

Not that I expect any of that to happen, since Teddy's pheromones would probably kick in somehow to save him from any questions anyone might ask.

joe england

Post by joe england »

dmra wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:17 pm
Arguably Teddi only earned the money because he looked like Chloe. Therefore he potentially owes her a payment for use of image rights.
I'm fairly certain that bearing a strong resemblance to someone isn't legally binding. Yes, Teddi's earned money with Chloe's copied looks, but he never explicitly claimed to be her during his performances. He also never asked to be stuck in her body for an extended period. No runway model conspires to be born with admirable features, and they can't be penalized for making the most of what they've got.
Gotoh wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:23 pm
Teddy's been using a fake ID to work there, so he's in no position to press charges. Unless, he's willing to take a chance on being found out, which would likely cost him his job. Plus, he'd end up facing charges himself.
I'm not talking about legal ramifications, I'm talking about moral ones. The fact that Teddi is powerless to pursue legal action against someone who invades a private area of his life doesn't absolve Chloe of the ethical violation inherent in doing so. If anything, it makes it worse that she's potentially capitalizing on Teddi's vulnerability.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Teddi doesn't bear a strong resemblance he's actually identical. So effectively he's been using Chloe's body to go out and earn money performing in a strip club. As we've seen in the most recent strips Chloe is actually quite modest about her body but now a large part of the clientele know exactly what she looks like naked or at best semi dressed. I think Chloe might be entitled to feel hard done by about that.

And that's before you throw in all the people she's been having sex with while looking like Chloe. Few, if any of whom, would have touched him as himself.

And for what it's worth if she does take the money Chloe might be intending to return it. So even if Teddi took exception it might not - depending on the jurisdiction - constitute theft.

And let's be honest if Teddi could forgive Pandora for the "You had sex with your mum" thing and Alchemy for using him as an unwilling test subject I think Chloe taking some money when she's homeless is pretty mild in comparison.

joe england

Post by joe england »

dmra wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:12 pm
Teddi doesn't bear a strong resemblance he's actually identical. So effectively he's been using Chloe's body to go out and earn money performing in a strip club. As we've seen in the most recent strips Chloe is actually quite modest about her body but now a large part of the clientele know exactly what she looks like naked or at best semi dressed. I think Chloe might be entitled to feel hard done by about that.
But it's not her body. It's Teddi's. And he's currently stuck with it, and not by any bargain or design of his own. In this case, I would compare his condition to that of an identical twin. If one twin decides to exploit their body for personal gain, that's their privilege. Even if it conceivably gives strangers insight into their twin's physique, they're still looking at one and not the other.

Now, you're not wrong about how Chloe might feel regarding her own body being put on display... that's a trope of "clone" stories, and I could understand if she objected. But only in the short term. Teddi's got that body for a long haul, and sooner or later he's got to have the right to use it as he sees fit. Because that's who he is now. He's not "borrowing" her body anymore. He's living in it. They're two different people, and even if they have identical forms they're still entitled to the various rights and restrictions that come with individuality.

Incidentally, I have to believe that Teddi's friends in the club might feel "hard done" to learn that they were sharing their private lives and secrets with a total stranger blatantly masquerading as someone they trusted.
dmra wrote:
And that's before you throw in all the people she's been having sex with while looking like Chloe. Few, if any of whom, would have touched him as himself.
Again, this comes down to a matter of personal liberty. Teddi is stuck with his condition, and has a right to use it. No one has said that he should abstain from sex because his body has been reconfigured into its current shape. Whether or not he owes Chloe for his sexual conquests is debatable. His alluring physique is an accident, and even with all the advantages in the world there's still some small degree of personal initiative involved in the act of making love. How much Teddi owes Chloe for his new sex life is debatable.
dmra wrote:
And for what it's worth if she does take the money Chloe might be intending to return it. So even if Teddi took exception it might not - depending on the jurisdiction - constitute theft.
Borrowing money without asking is usually akin to theft. If it's a matter of jurisdiction then it should still be frowned upon from a purely moral perspective. Even if Chloe merely relocated the money, she's still moving it without Teddi's consent. For that matter, why WOULD she move the money? Teddi's got a lousy hiding place, but it's still his property and she doesn't have much of a prerogative to play with it. And actually spending it would further cross that line.
dmra wrote:
And let's be honest if Teddi could forgive Pandora for the "You had sex with your mum" thing and Alchemy for using him as an unwilling test subject I think Chloe taking some money when she's homeless is pretty mild in comparison.
If Teddi forgives Chloe, that would be great. I'm not saying he shouldn't. I'm only saying that I find her actions somewhat objectionable, and I hope she's held to a slightly higher standard.

After all, Chloe isn't like Pandora. She's not actively mischievous. She doesn't want to hurt anyone. She's an intrinsically good person, and she's exploiting the earnings of a friend who's currently deeply upset with her. A friend who has suffered because of her presence in his life. Granted, she's suffered too, but this is no way to mend fences.

And, also... is she really "homeless?" Couldn't she just go back to Tartarus while she figures out her next move? Not to mention, unlike most humans she's got a whole bunch of superpowers and a few supernatural friends to lean on. She's not exactly helpless.

dmra

Post by dmra »

It isn't Chloe's fault that Teddi was "fixed" into her body. That was down to Alchemy injecting ectoplasm into Teddi out of curiosity. So it might have been nice if Teddi had given a single thought to what she might want him to do while he looked like her. Especially as her face and body have been plastered all over a strip club.

Chloe is a sex demon who we've seen "stealing" the essence from several human beings. We've also seen her deliberately breaking up couples on Valentine's Day. Oh and when she originally emerged her job was to have sex with Teddy - thus becoming his girlfriend - before killing him and taking his soul to Hell. Compared to that taking a bit of money is hardly a major sin. And I'm not sure that any of those are the actions of an "intrinsically good person". Although Chloe might still be a good person by succubus standards that's a pretty low bar for moral virtue.

As for Chloe going back to Tartarus I'm not sure that Ilsa would be very glad to see her. Last time the two interacted Ilsa was warning Chloe about the danger of caring for humans. I'm pretty sure that running away and hiding from Teddi wouldn't win Chloe many brownie points and Ilsa has a talent for punishments so it might not be particularly safe for Chloe to get her any angrier than she already is. So Chloe may not have as many options as all that.

As for her supernatural friends we don't know if she's even allowed to contact them. She certainly hasn't spoken to her mother as far as we know who would be the most obvious person to get in touch with. And as for her superpowers they all basically involve her tricking or seducing people. Which again seems to me to be a lot worse than taking Teddi's money.

So in the grand scheme of the comic, and compared to what some of Teddi's other friends have done to her, taking money is barely even a grounding offence let alone something you'd end up doing time for.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

joe england wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:42 pm
I'm not talking about legal ramifications, I'm talking about moral ones. The fact that Teddi is powerless to pursue legal action against someone who invades a private area of his life doesn't absolve Chloe of the ethical violation inherent in doing so. If anything, it makes it worse that she's potentially capitalizing on Teddi's vulnerability.
I didn't say it did. My point was (and still is) that there isn't much Teddy can say about it.

Even if we look at it from a moral standpoint, Teddy is hardly a saint himself. We were introduced to him breaking into a museum, and he's also capitalized on the vulnerability of others - like what he's been doing to Daisy and her friends. Just saying.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

joe england wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:30 pm
dmra wrote:
Again, this comes down to a matter of personal liberty. Teddi is stuck with his condition, and has a right to use it. No one has said that he should abstain from sex because his body has been reconfigured into its current shape. Whether or not he owes Chloe for his sexual conquests is debatable. His alluring physique is an accident, and even with all the advantages in the world there's still some small degree of personal initiative involved in the act of making love. How much Teddi owes Chloe for his new sex life is debatable.
And yet, when it comes to his lovers, Teddy knows full well that (at least, when it comes to the girls - but it also rings true for the jocks, as well) they're all under some sort of supernatural/succbus influence that makes them want him. He knows they're not in their right minds when they're trying to get into his pants - but, instead of discouraging the attention - he welcomes it under the guise of 'taking responsibility/helping them' until he can figure out what's causing the sudden lust.

Teddy can have sex all he wants, with whomever he wants, but when he's knowingly taking advance of people he knows wouldn't give him the time of day under normal circumstances, he's an incorrigible louse - regardless of what excuses he makes for his actions.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

joe england

Post by joe england »

It's one thing to say that Teddi's a louse. But two wrongs don't make a right. All I'm really saying is that I think Chloe is crossing lines by impersonating him and messing with his private property and acquaintances.

Now, I'll compromise and say that she's not crossing that line very far. It's still nothing that can't be forgiven, especially for someone who's still somewhat naive in the generally accepted standards of human decency. But she'll go a bit further past that line if she actually spends that cash.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

Chloe's in a big dilemma... the only reason she was allowed to stay in our world was to torment Teddy & ruin his life... at least that was the idea... but now she's been kicked out of Teddy's place and has no excuse to stay in the human world... if she returns to hell they'll tell her "oh, he's had enough? ok, then complete your mission: fuck & kill 'im!" and if she doesn't return someone will come looking for her sooner or later (they pay attention to this stuff, Ilsa's always watching her)

"What to do now?" is a big question indeed... I can't think of any solution but to go back to Teddy's and be allowed there again... anything else leads to disaster....

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

It doesn't matter whether she has an excuse. Teddi and Chloe are bound by the contract.
Until it is broken or fulfilled, she has to stay.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Ah the contract. Which seems to have been forgotten by everybody in favour of the Chloe's virginity storyline.

Hell's interpretation of the contract has always been pretty suspect (perhaps not surprisingly). To break the contract Teddy had to find a girlfriend who sincerely loves him (which by the way proves that none of the girls he's had sex with so far do genuinely care for him) while to fulfil it Hell only needs to provide somebody who will have sex with him - even if they then go on to kill him and reap his soul immediately after.

Which is another thing Teddi's latest plan seems to have overlooked. If by using angel blood he does become enough of a man to survive sex with Chloe she's still got to kill him and take his soul or she'll be in major trouble with Hell since as far as they'll be concerned that's the contract fulfilled and one soul is now due.