Dangerously Chloe 12-04-18 For a Good Deed

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

OllieOrOlly

Re: Dangerously Chloe 12-04-18 For a Good Deed

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:44 am
@OllieOrOlly - Agreed. But then, would you want money that another woman shoved into the front of her G-string?

Sad that Chloe performing yet another shower scene is somehow less gross than the previous idea. Though, the least Autumn could do is perform with Chloe instead of just standing there, eagerly scooping the cash up for herself.

Side note - try as the writer might; I'm still not seeing Teddy as this 'incredibly thoughtful/generous hero' that we should admire for looking out for the destitute/less fortunate - especially when there's no guarantee that Autumn is actually getting clean this time around. (Autumn had promised she'd get clean; and yet, she still ODed). Here's hoping all that money Chloe's giving her isn't going right back into feeding the habit.
No, but much like how cartoon bandages can make grievous wounds heal, I'm willing to accept cartoon money is self-cleaning, or at least doesn't carry anything from aforementioned stripper G-strings.

Yeah.

And I concur: I can see the writers allowed Chloe to see a brief example of Teddi's debauchery, but is now trying to make her opinion improve because of some relatively good deed, which may ultimately be in service for a lost cause. It is classic addict behaviour to say they are done, but given the opportunity, would get right back on the train.
Also, the "friendship" the other strippers have with Teddi seems rather hollow; other than that one rescued OD'ed girl, the others appear to like Teddi simply for his ability to rake in cash, and some have further like because of his... erotic enthusiasm? Both being supplemented by, unbeknownst to them, succubi pheromones.
So, I hope it doesn't happen, but despondently expect Chloe will end up believing, "oh, Teddy is still such a sweet guy! I was wrong for doubting him!" and return to him, begging for forgiveness, as if she is the only one who has done anything wrong. Chloe *crawling* back to the depraved crossbreed and his idiot sister is one of the worst examples I can think of, since it reduces Chloe's character... but making Chloe redundant has happened before, which is why I can see it happening again.

dmra

Post by dmra »

I'm not a great fan of Teddi but saving somebody's life and trying to help her afterwards was a pretty decent thing to do. I don't think it makes up completely for some of the crappy and or stupid things he's been doing but he does deserve some credit for it.

It's also worth remembering that Chloe is a sex demon and has been to succubus school so might not think some of the things Teddi has done are actually that bad.

I just think that it's mildly ironic that since Teddy turned to Teddi he's been acting more like a traditional succubus than Chloe has at any time since the Doompanties arc.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

@dmra - but at the same time Teddy was saving Autumn's life; he was screwing over Al's - causing Al to be placed on a watch list after one too many inexplicable failed reaper missions, which could put Al's very existence in jeopardy, as a result.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

meps98

Post by meps98 »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:41 pm
@dmra - but at the same time Teddy was saving Autumn's life; he was screwing over Al's - causing Al to be placed on a watch list after one too many inexplicable failed reaper missions, which could put Al's very existence in jeopardy, as a result.
True, but it was not intentional. Teddy reacted instinctively, at a gut level. He couldn't stand by and watch someone die. It was only later Al explained that Teddy's actions put him at risk. Al assumed Teddy was aware of the rules but he wasn't. Teddy wanted to make up for the misunderstanding and hilarity ensued.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

But Teddy did know that interfering with a reaper's job would have negative consequences for Al- either resulting in Al getting red flagged or losing their job. The fact that Al failed to mention that their very existence would be jeopardized is besides the point.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

It... isn’t, though.

“I’ll lose my job if you save your sisters life!” vs “I’ll cease to exist if you save your sisters life!” definitely have two different weights if you don’t know they’re the same thing.

You’d feel far more comfortable saying ‘sorry about your job’ than ‘sorry about your life’, would you not?
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

dmra

Post by dmra »

@Fluffy I can forgive Teddy risking Alchemy's job in order to save a life. He's seen plenty of supernatural beings who seem at home in "our" world to probably not think too hard about possible consequences. And it's not as though Al "Let me stick my blood in you to see what happens"chemy has always been exactly reasonable and responsible. In fact when it comes to messing up people's lives you could argue that Alchemy owes Teddy big time for messing around with his.

What still gives me a bit of a bad taste though - apart from Alchemy suffering no repercussions for abusing her friend by making him into a walking biology science test subject - is that the whole "you could cost me my job" thing seemed to be just another excuse to show Teddi having yet another meaningless and unemotional sexual encounter. Which again wouldn't be so bad except that Teddi would have to be completely blind not to realise that Alchemy has feelings for her.

renmei

Post by renmei »

Fluffy wrote:
Here's hoping all that money Chloe's giving her isn't going right back into feeding the habit.
I dunno. I can't think of a bigger motivator than actually dying and getting one more chance.

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

Vitocap wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:01 am
@Rosa: IMHO, we are still moving along the lines of Stripperella logic. [snip] So, yeah, if we assume a Kevin-like boss here, rehiring Autumn after her drug OD makes sense.
That's a good point. I forgot for a moment that this was the Stripperella strip club. Silly me.

On a side note, am I the only one who read "Winter works Thursdays" and went 'WHAT!? No! Tiffany!!!' before recalling she's a WinterS with a "s" at the end? :p
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

meps98

Post by meps98 »

renmei wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:15 pm
Fluffy wrote:
Here's hoping all that money Chloe's giving her isn't going right back into feeding the habit.
I dunno. I can't think of a bigger motivator than actually dying and getting one more chance.
You'd think that but there are certainly cases where an addict was resurrected by a dose of Narcam (spelling?), gone right back out to get high again and received another life saving Narcam dose later that very same day. It's an extremely hard addiction to break away from.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

That would be another kick in the teeth for poor, well meaning Chloe. Try to help out one of Teddy's friends, only to have that friend falling off the wagon and - this time - actually dying from an overdose of whatever her poison is. And Teddy getting the heat for it because - well - 'Teddy' gave her the funds to feed the habit that killed her; probably getting him fired from the strip club, as a result.

Speculation only. I sincerely hope it's not going there.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Eugh. I really hope not - and I don't expect it. Teddi isn't the only one looking out for Autumn, and none of the others have tried to stop her from earning money.

dmra

Post by dmra »

The only reason I could see why it might happen is if the creators want to bring Chloe and Alchemy into contact. And even then I'd assume Autumn survives somehow. Otherwise it would be a pretty dark step to take..

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

Rosa wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:27 pm
am I the only one who read "Winter works Thursdays" and went 'WHAT!? No! Tiffany!!!'

:)) =))
OMGWTFBBQ
"Yeaaah well, y'see, honey, things didn't work out with Faith, she annoyed me by flirting with every bimbo she saw (not that I really cared about her anyway), and Layla is a vampire and she's little miss het, for boys only, y'know? and Melissa still needs to figure out her own damn sexuality, and slaying evil monsters is a lot of work and doesn't pay peanuts, and a girl has to make a living somehow, y'know?" (lays back on the changing room sofa, crosses legs & lazily blows smoke)

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:41 pm
But what's the alternative, just let her die?