Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Post Reply
User avatar
otaku247
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:48 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by otaku247 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:08 am

Yeah fair enough I guess it depends how much you can or are willing to suspend disbelief for the sake of a joke and that's going to have a different threshold for different people, and some situations are just a bit too much no matter what the justification. Both Robot chicken and Family Guy swam close to the shoreline a few times for me on occasion and it sounds like Stripperella could end up being similar - but without seeing it for myself first I couldn't say for sure. I mean if you simply described the episodes where Stewie boards a boat and finally guns down Lois, or when Meg and Chris violently massacre their classmates in the school canteen, Kingsman style without sufficient reference to the in-jokes or devotion to having seen enough of the series, you would be hard pressed to portray them as 'funnily entertaining' (spoilered just in case)

I can appreciate the different views people take from all this though.

User avatar
Vitocap
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 5:02 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Vitocap » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:00 am

Yes, in a nutshell, that's the issue. The "stripper" job is a problem for some people.

If they were told that a young woman (a legal adult, over 20 years old) has a job at a shop or a supermarket AND that she is very naive, they wouldn't find anything fundamentally wrong with it.

But tell them that she works as one of the Danseuses Nues in Chez Parée (the club that appears in "Ménage à Trois" -- I don't know if you read that comic too?) and you'll see some mighty fireworks.

Giz and Dave don't have a problem with that, because they see it as an ordinary job, and the women who do it as normal, happy people. Heck, they are even okay with porn: several characters in Ma3 are porn actresses, and they are normal, happy people too.

I like this way of thinking. I believe it's a healthy attitude, and I see Giz and Dave as sensible and rational individuals for sticking to it in their comics.

Stripperella is different from Ma3 and DC in that every episode is like a non-stop deluge of humor with no dramatic interludes (always tongue-in-cheek humor, veering on the absurd, kind of like a Marx Brothers movie... when you quoted Groucho Marx in your previous message, that was spot on! Image), but it shares with those comics a healthy attitude towards sex -- and entertainment related to it.

And so, well... I guess all this is to say that, if you like "Ménage à Trois" and "Dangerously Chloe," then, in my opinion, you'll definitely love Stripperella. :-bd
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

User avatar
Cortez
Posts: 2258
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Cortez » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:32 am

bridgetvoid wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:23 pm
Cortez wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:08 pm
So it's a reference to a show that nobody watched or even liked? Also, if it was racist there, it would still be racist here.
100% agree with that. like, andy rooney was the _worst_ part of breakfast at tiffany's and hopefully if the movie were ever redone in any format his character would be erased or modified, not kept for some sort of historical accuracy. that's on the same level as saying confederate flags are all about the heritage and not the hate. it's an argument that doesn't hold water

Like how they modified Man-Ape for the Black Panther film.

User avatar
Dragon Paladin
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:43 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Dragon Paladin » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:34 am

Vitocap wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:53 am
How awful. Someone asked her to do her job and do it well. [/sarcasm]
So..... you take no issue with a father demanding that his naive daughter get naked so his collegues can stare at her? And really? You're comparing a stripper with a clerk? I hold no disrespect for strippers at all, but a naive girl working a cash register and a naive girl stripping in front of horny men who could very easily take advantage of her naivite are apples and oranges.
I am Suleviir, Paladin of Iomede, Goddess of Valor. Those who do evil shall fear my blade.

User avatar
LegendaryKroc
Posts: 801
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:22 am
Location: In the Hall of the Mountain King

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by LegendaryKroc » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:44 am

What Vitocap didn't mention: the world of adults is not kind to naive people. Even if you see stripping as a normal job, which is an argument I don't want to touch with a barge pole, that doesn't mean it isn't like any other workplace: a place where information is power, and people who don't know the way things work can be taken advantage of by people who know better than them but are also cruel, manipulative or just mischievous. Also, sex and activities that cater to sexual stimulation are very much grown-up activities, usually an "All kids get out of the pool" alert, because it's another environment with plenty of potential for manipulation of those who don't know better. So I don't think it's unreasonable to say that someone who doesn't know the score so much should maybe get less naive before partaking in an environment for mature adults doing mature adult things.

Also, IMHO Dangerously Chloe! was better off not trying to so closely resemble Menage a 3. I enjoy T&A as much as the next person, but it's jokes and dramatic moments worked just fine (if not actively better) without implications or blatant references to people constantly having sex when the camera turned away from them for a moment. Just like the Starcraft series was better off when it stopped trying to emulate Warhammer 40k's "Everyone is a douchebag, some are even bigger douchebags than the rest" morality and stuck to the more basic good guys/bad guys kind, because honestly Blizzard didn't have the competence to handle that kind of skewy morality; heck, on their worst days even official Games Workshop-approved writers can't handle it.

Is it fine with you if I voice my opinion, or do you dismiss everything I say out of hand because I'm a "TROLL" to you?

User avatar
Vitocap
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 5:02 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Vitocap » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:11 am

@Dragon Paladin, thanks for keeping it polite and thanks for arguing in a reasonable way. It's a welcome change from some of the people here.

Dragon Paladin wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:34 am
So..... you take no issue with a father demanding that his naive daughter get naked so his collegues can stare at her?
"Demanding?"
If anything, I see it as him bringing business to his daughter.
She's a stripper and proud of it. Her father thinks she's really good, and that's why he brought his associates to the club where she works -- instead of taking them to some other joint. She's doubly happy, first because of her father's appreciation, second because she's going to make some big bucks. That's it.

Dragon Paladin wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:34 am
And really? You're comparing a stripper with a clerk?
Nuance: Giz and Dave are comparing a stripper to a clerk. Yes, really.

Me, I'm standing at the sidelines and applauding them for their courage, intellectual lucidity and awareness of social injustices.

Dragon Paladin wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:34 am
I hold no disrespect for strippers at all, but a naive girl working a cash register and a naive girl stripping in front of horny men who could very easily take advantage of her naivite are apples and oranges.
You see, when you say that "if a naive girl strips in front of horny men they could very easily take advantage of her naiveté" you are working with a particular worldview. I understand it. But I most definitely don't share it.

I have a different worldview. Thus, we don't agree. I guess it all boils down to this.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5707
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Error of Logic » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:54 am

Vitocap wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:53 am
How awful. Someone asked her to do her job and do it well. [/sarcasm]
Yes. A father ordering his own daughter to give a striptease is awful. How clever of you to notice.

User avatar
Rosa
BANNED
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:22 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Rosa » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:31 am

otaku247 wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:27 am
I've still not seen the show in question so I will have to go by example 3 as described and it seems a pretty simple 3-stage joke.
setup: Innocent young stripper performs lapdance during which client has a heart attack and dies.
decoy : explaining to his widow that she felt he was very christian owing to his final words
punchline : final words revealed to be those stereotypically exclaimed by someone at the point of maximum joy.

Now the decoy and punchline only really make sense if the stripper in question has the plausibility of character to make that misunderstanding in the first place right? So you only have two realistic options : one, is to make them appear super naive enough in our eyes that she would make that misinterpretation, or two : make them seem dumb enough to have jumped to this conclusion.

My guess is that the latter of these is less believable and would certainly have proven more controversial in perhaps portraying stereotypical 'dumb blonde stripper', but whatever the reason was for them choosing the former, I don't think it should be viewed as anything other than the foundations to let them make the joke.
Yes!!!
It's exactly that. I'm glad you understand. :) Giselle needs to be naive, or the joke wouldn't work. They made her a naive girl simply for humorous purposes.

And it's not just that time. There are lots of other jokes in the show that depend on Giselle's cluelessness. It's a humorous device they use a lot. Every time Giselle comes up with a "cool and awesome" idea for a new stripping routine, for example. (Hahah, poor Kevin!)
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

dmra
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by dmra » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:32 am

Vitocap wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:11 am
@Dragon Paladin, thanks for keeping it polite and thanks for arguing in a reasonable way. It's a welcome change from some of the people here.
Speaking of which I'm still waiting for you to provide any evidence for the accusations you made about me earlier on this thread. I'm sure as somebody who values politeness and arguing in a reasonable way you'll either be producing it soon or withdrawing your claims and apologising for making them.

Not that I was that bothered by them but if you are going to attack people posting on the forum it would be nice if you were willing and able to back it up.

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3454
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Fluffy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:27 pm

Error of Logic wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:54 am
Vitocap wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:53 am
How awful. Someone asked her to do her job and do it well. [/sarcasm]
Yes. A father ordering his own daughter to give a striptease is awful. How clever of you to notice.
Exactly - it wasn't a moment of a proud father showing off his talented daughter to his colleagues, of which his daughter happily obliges; it was brutish jerk demanding his own daughter get naked for his colleagues - and not embarrass him by screwing it up - to the point the girl needed a pep talk from Striperella in order to go through with it.

Here's a video showing that moment (skip to 7:20) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdSezl9TQSo

You can't hear what the father is saying; but his body language directed at his daughter is far from loving/supportive.

Also, for those who haven't seen the show - check this video out. Fair warning, it's a negative review (both vids are, to be honest - you'd be hard pressed to find one that is positive ) - but it'll give you an idea on how the show played out - humor wise - before wasting time by actively seeking out full episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuCbmDMGop4
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:30 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:58 pm

Error of Logic wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:54 am
Vitocap wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:53 am
How awful. Someone asked her to do her job and do it well. [/sarcasm]
Yes. A father ordering his own daughter to give a striptease is awful. How clever of you to notice.
LOL, but you are clever too!

I just know that, if a stooge slips on a banana peel and falls, you would be the first to tell everyone how awful it is: he could break his bones, become unable to work, lose his job, and then his family would go hungry, the horror! the awfulness! how could anyone laugh at that? thanks goodness there are clever holy-joes like you to set us straight.... :)) :)) :)) =)) =))

You Fail Humor Forever.



Image

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5707
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Error of Logic » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:08 pm

Oh, FGF. You are a wit.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:30 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:27 pm

Rosa wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:31 am
otaku247 wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:27 am
I've still not seen the show in question so I will have to go by example 3 as described and it seems a pretty simple 3-stage joke.
setup: Innocent young stripper performs lapdance during which client has a heart attack and dies.
decoy : explaining to his widow that she felt he was very christian owing to his final words
punchline : final words revealed to be those stereotypically exclaimed by someone at the point of maximum joy.

Now the decoy and punchline only really make sense if the stripper in question has the plausibility of character to make that misunderstanding in the first place right? So you only have two realistic options : one, is to make them appear super naive enough in our eyes that she would make that misinterpretation, or two : make them seem dumb enough to have jumped to this conclusion.

My guess is that the latter of these is less believable and would certainly have proven more controversial in perhaps portraying stereotypical 'dumb blonde stripper', but whatever the reason was for them choosing the former, I don't think it should be viewed as anything other than the foundations to let them make the joke.
Yes!!!
It's exactly that. I'm glad you understand. :) Giselle needs to be naive, or the joke wouldn't work. They made her a naive girl simply for humorous purposes.

And it's not just that time. There are lots of other jokes in the show that depend on Giselle's cluelessness. It's a humorous device they use a lot. Every time Giselle comes up with a "cool and awesome" idea for a new stripping routine, for example. (Hahah, poor Kevin!)
new stripping routines?
... can you give us examples? pwetty pwease? *puppy eyes*



Image

User avatar
Rosa
BANNED
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:22 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Rosa » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:47 pm

It's like this. Giselle is very naive, right? Very innocent. She still hasn't completely gotten the gist of the job. She doesn't get that the point of stripping is to be sexy and titillating, just that and nothing more! The way she thinks, strippers are entertainers, and naked dancing is fun - but other things are fun too!! So the more fun things they do, the better the entertainment!
This is why she's always trying to mix into her routines stuff that has nothing to do with sexy stripping, usually with disastrous effects.

At one time, she was working in a different strip club: a joint called Silly Kones, run by Vince McMahon. (I kid you not. They specialized in extra-huge boobs.) Well, Giselle decided to do a fire breathing act as part of her stripping routine. You know, fire breathing? Like this:

Image

The result: she burned the joint to the ground. #-o

Another time, the other girls at the club were talking and remembering the time Giselle had tried to include in her stripping routine a number with a chainsaw - a homage to the 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' movie.
The dialogue was something like: "Oh yes, Giselle's chainsaw routine. I remember." "God, it was horrible! The blood!" "I still shudder!" "Thanks God we managed to talk her out of ever doing it again!"
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:30 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:30 pm

=)) =)) =))

Giselle is quickly becoming my favorite character...... and I haven't even watched the series yet...... :p

I say to you, verily, this world needs more girls like her. :YMDAYDREAM:



Image

Post Reply