Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Post Reply
User avatar
Cortez
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Cortez » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:26 pm

I Wonder what happened to Autumn.

User avatar
Vitocap
Posts: 285
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 5:02 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Vitocap » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:21 pm

Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:58 pm
I just know that, if a stooge slips on a banana peel and falls, you would be the first to tell everyone how awful it is: he could break his bones, become unable to work, lose his job, and then his family would go hungry, the horror! the awfulness! how could anyone laugh at that? thanks goodness there are clever holy-joes like you to set us straight.... :)) :)) :)) =)) =))

You Fail Humor Forever.
Know what, you really hit the nail on the head.

This is the problem with all these embittered fellows who do nothing but bitch and whine at every new strip. They don't want to accept or understand humor.

I remember @otaku247 told us a funny joke a little while ago. It went like this:

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says: "Calm down, I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There's a brief silence, then a shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy then says: "OK, now what?"

Let's say something like this happened in DC. One of the characters naively murders another character because of a silly misunderstanding of the advice from the emergency services. Can you imagine the storm of hate that would ravage the forum? Fluffy, dmra, EOL and the rest would ask for nothing less than the head of the perpetrator on a platter. They would never accept what happened as a fortuitous mistake, an 'oopsie' moment, a simple joke.

The efforts these stalwarts make in their grim endeavor to reject humor are so great as to be almost heroic. They, indeed, Fail Humor Forever.

The really tragic thing is, there is no solution to this conflict. Anything that is funny in this world, anything at all, can be decried as vile and disgusting if you refuse to acknowledge humor. Even a Bugs Bunny cartoon could be condemned as pure evil from Hell if you approach it in this manner. One wonders why all these angry, humorless people keep returning to the forum of a sex comedy webcomic... to vent their hate, I guess?
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

dmra
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by dmra » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:26 pm

Cortez wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:26 pm
I Wonder what happened to Autumn.
I'm sure she cleaned up her act, got her life back on track and went to Africa to teach English in a village school.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5439
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Error of Logic » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:31 pm

@ Vitocap: Head on a platter might be a bit extreme. I'd probably be more likely to suggest anyone quite that stupid ought to be committed for observation, for their own safety if not that of the public.

That said, I would suggest you remember this little nugget of wisdom: humour is subjective.
People having a different opinion from yours on the subject does not justify attempts to shame and insult them.
People not liking a recent turn a once beloved story has taken does not mean they are surly curmudgeons out to destroy.
My comic, Res Mira, starts here.

The crazy will bust loose. Either in the stories or on the forum. Or both at the same time.

Mad theory: Eulice is actually a retired succubus. This explains why she says DiDi Chastel looks like she did in her younger years. She maintains her current form because it allows her to get through her day without having to turn down sexual advances.

A busty redhead by decree of the Internet...? o.o;

dmra
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by dmra » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:38 pm

Vitocap wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:21 pm

Let's say something like this happened in DC. One of the characters naively murders another character because of a silly misunderstanding of the advice from the emergency services. Can you imagine the storm of hate that would ravage the forum? Fluffy, dmra, EOL and the rest would ask for nothing less than the head of the perpetrator on a platter. They would never accept what happened as a fortuitous mistake, an 'oopsie' moment, a simple joke.

The efforts these stalwarts make in their grim endeavor to reject humor are so great as to be almost heroic. They, indeed, Fail Humor Forever.
Sorry to disillusion you but I'd heard that joke years before. I thought it was funny then and I still thought it was funny when I saw it here.

I've been watching offensive comedy for nearly 40 years.Bad taste for the sake of bad taste gets boring very quickly but as long as it's done well nothing much bothered me and I was happy to laugh at it.

If it was done well here I'd laugh at it too.

And still no proof to support your earlier attack on me. It can't be that hard to find surely.

User avatar
Valkog
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:19 am
Contact:

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Valkog » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:48 pm

I'm sick of the snide little remarks from these three. They're ruining my enjoyment of this otherwise-decent forum.
**== **== **==

User avatar
LegendaryKroc
Posts: 751
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:22 am
Location: In the Hall of the Mountain King

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by LegendaryKroc » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:38 am

Folks, not that I really expect anyone to respond or remark on what I'm about to say, but let's get something out in the open so anyone dismissing me as a grumpy old man-type, a troll or just a bad person can be under no illusions about what I'm about. I am no prude, purist or puritan. My favourite standalone movie is The Grand Budapest Hotel, a 50/50 split between drama and comedy, and have loved other movies in that mold such as Wreck-It Ralph and the Toy Story series. I've watched several videos on YouTube about Mortal Kombat, including its funny openings and a few FATALITY montages. I've played Every game in the Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series and own the entire Starcraft II trilogy, neither of which is shy about showing bloody, brutal deaths, and I've seen my fair share of nudity and content that's either borderline pornographic or just straight-up is porn. And while black comedy isn't my cup of tea, I can enjoy it if it's done well (e.g. In Bruges or Seven Psychopaths).

So I have nothing against comedy, or violence, or sexy times, or anything like that. At least, not when they're properly utilised. I don't believe, however, that DC is handling its comedy and sexy times components very well, so I say as much as regularly as I can. You can try and compare me to a heckler who shows up at comedy clubs and starts taking the piss out of the the comedians, but that's not an apt comparison and I'm sure plenty of people can see that. So I suggest the back-patting, self-congratulating forumites who keep trying to make anything negative I or anyone else say about this comic sound like the angry ramblings of impossible-to-please assholes should take a good long look at this comment the next time they want to say I just don't like things that are funny, fun or sexy fun.

Gotoh
Posts: 3713
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Gotoh » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:52 am

Error of Logic wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:31 pm
humour is subjective.

People having a different opinion from yours on the subject does not justify attempts to shame and insult them.
This, and agreed on both points.

I grew up watching Mel Brooks' films (my personal favorite is 'Blazing Saddles') and I own the collector's boxset of 'Get Smart!'. Mainly because I'm a fan of fourth wall humor, which Mel Brooks was a master of. But I can accept that not everyone is into the same brand of humor.

Likewise, I really like EC and MC because of the writing, the mysteries, and their respective casts. Whereas I've never been able to get into DC, because it's 'meh' to me. That doesn't mean I hate it. It just does appeal to me.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:30 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:50 am

Vitocap wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:21 pm
The really tragic thing is, there is no solution to this conflict. Anything that is funny in this world, anything at all, can be decried as vile and disgusting if you refuse to acknowledge humor. Even a Bugs Bunny cartoon could be condemned as pure evil from Hell if you approach it in this manner. One wonders why all these angry, humorless people keep returning to the forum of a sex comedy webcomic... to vent their hate, I guess?
Bugs Bunny... heh, good example...
I've lost count of how many times I've had to deal (for work reasons) with hysterical people who denounce the wascally wabbit as a bad influence & wholly inappropriate for children... #-o if you're wondering why, here's the rundown:
  • he does whatever he wants
  • he plays tricks
  • he doesn't respect law and order
  • he's selfish
  • he's naughty
  • he opposes people with authority
  • ... and never gets punished
  • he makes trouble for everyone
  • ... and always escapes the consequences
  • he lacks an adult parental figure
  • he's inconsiderate of others' feelings
  • he gets away with every bad thing he does
  • he often dresses as a sexy woman
  • ... and acts girly and flirty
  • ... and kisses male dudes
... if you think most of this crap sounds just like our resident haters talking about Abby, well, hey, congrats! you've won a cigar. :ymapplause:
(only the last 3 are not quite Abby yet... but give it time, it's coming......)



Image

User avatar
Valkog
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:19 am
Contact:

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Valkog » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:35 am

Yeah, contradicting these people and trying to justify yourself is completely pointless. They just want to pat themselves on the asses.
**== **== **==

BioYuGi
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:28 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by BioYuGi » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:12 am

Vitocap wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:11 am
Dragon Paladin wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:34 am
I hold no disrespect for strippers at all, but a naive girl working a cash register and a naive girl stripping in front of horny men who could very easily take advantage of her naivite are apples and oranges.
You see, when you say that "if a naive girl strips in front of horny men they could very easily take advantage of her naiveté" you are working with a particular worldview. I understand it. But I most definitely don't share it.

I have a different worldview. Thus, we don't agree. I guess it all boils down to this.
We live in a world where there are over 300,000 women sexually assaulted every year. That's the real worldview. So if you don't think people would take advantage of a stripper who doesn't understand how the world works, that's just plain naivete.

"Wait, I wasn't supposed to let him shove a cucumber up my pussy? But he was so nice about it!"
Vitocap wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:21 pm
Let's say something like this happened in DC. One of the characters naively murders another character because of a silly misunderstanding of the advice from the emergency services. Can you imagine the storm of hate that would ravage the forum? Fluffy, dmra, EOL and the rest would ask for nothing less than the head of the perpetrator on a platter. They would never accept what happened as a fortuitous mistake, an 'oopsie' moment, a simple joke.
How on earth would that be an 'oopsie' moment? How would you be able to have any sort of liking or respect for a character that stupid enough to believe they needed to kill someone based on a 911 call? If that happened in something like Family Guy, sure, that would make sense. It wouldn't necessarily be funny, but it would fit in the context of the humor as set up in the show.

But in DC, the humor up to a point had been, as the rating on the comic said, PG-13. Silly misunderstandings that wouldn't be out of place in a simple harem anime. Goofy stuff like the main character covering their chest in oil for a distraction: http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... e_Hormones or shameful perverted fantasies: http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... d_bad_girl So straight-out murder would NOT be in the same wheelhouse. It would be like if Tenchi or Keitaro just went and put a bullet in their head.

You have to look at a style of humor as what the media has presented to you. In Three Stooges, we know after one or two episodes that despite hammers, bananas, steel beams, they're never hurt. We establish immediately that the stooges are going to be okay. In Archer, first episode; lots of wacky humor, smart wordplay, and actual death. This means when there are jokes about characters that die, it makes sense because the characters have acknowledged it, they're just bitter and jackasses. Here in DC, we've established that hell, demons, and death but drug overdose (twice), are real, so any sort of joke relating to death becomes muddled when we know there are consequences.

Also as a tip for anyone: User Control Panel, Board Preferences, Display Options. Turn the 'Display images within posts' option to 'off' to stop seeing that stupid banner every time.

dmra
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by dmra » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:44 am

Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:50 am

Bugs Bunny... heh, good example...

I've lost count of how many times I've had to deal (for work reasons) with hysterical people who denounce the wascally wabbit as a bad influence & wholly inappropriate for children... #-o if you're wondering why, here's the rundown:
Just out of curiosity what type of job do you do that involves dealing with people regularly denouncing Bugs Bunny as a bad influence?

Edit or having woken up and seen the date this was posted perhaps the whole thing was meant to be an April's Fool joke. If so the most entertaining thing you've ever posted. keep up the good work.

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3170
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Fluffy » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:55 am

BioYuGi wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:12 am
But in DC, the humor up to a point had been, as the rating on the comic said, PG-13. Silly misunderstandings that wouldn't be out of place in a simple harem anime. Goofy stuff like the main character covering their chest in oil for a distraction: http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... e_Hormones or shameful perverted fantasies: http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... d_bad_girl So straight-out murder would NOT be in the same wheelhouse. It would be like if Tenchi or Keitaro just went and put a bullet in their head.
Besides, we've had incidents in the DC story where people almost died due to an unforeseen 'oopsie' (Chloe almost killing Teddy during a make out session; and Abby dying after getting a scythe to her forehead in that same chapter). Near as I can recall - none of us went into a childish tirade 'demanding heads on platters' for these scenarios happening; because it was handled exceptionally well and was actually amusing.

But, that was back in 2012 (six years ago); and the humor has downgraded significantly since it switched from a teenaged rom-com with supernatural elements to a cheap, unfunny version of Ma3 (a comic of which I love, btw).

Also as a tip for anyone: User Control Panel, Board Preferences, Display Options. Turn the 'Display images within posts' option to 'off' to stop seeing that stupid banner every time.
I did that months ago; not so much because the banner itself, but because the banner is entirely too big. If they'd just resize the thing, it wouldn't be so bad.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

User avatar
Dragon Paladin
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:43 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Dragon Paladin » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:40 pm

Speaking of, they should really change the rating from pg-13 to R, because the recent comics have veered pretty damn close to softcore porn.
I am Suleviir, Paladin of Iomede, Goddess of Valor. Those who do evil shall fear my blade.

User avatar
Dragon Paladin
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:43 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Dragon Paladin » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:43 pm

BioYuGi wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:12 am
Vitocap wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:11 am
Dragon Paladin wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:34 am
I hold no disrespect for strippers at all, but a naive girl working a cash register and a naive girl stripping in front of horny men who could very easily take advantage of her naivite are apples and oranges.
You see, when you say that "if a naive girl strips in front of horny men they could very easily take advantage of her naiveté" you are working with a particular worldview. I understand it. But I most definitely don't share it.

I have a different worldview. Thus, we don't agree. I guess it all boils down to this.
We live in a world where there are over 300,000 women sexually assaulted every year. That's the real worldview. So if you don't think people would take advantage of a stripper who doesn't understand how the world works, that's just plain naivete.

"Wait, I wasn't supposed to let him shove a cucumber up my pussy? But he was so nice about it!"
Vitocap wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:21 pm
Let's say something like this happened in DC. One of the characters naively murders another character because of a silly misunderstanding of the advice from the emergency services. Can you imagine the storm of hate that would ravage the forum? Fluffy, dmra, EOL and the rest would ask for nothing less than the head of the perpetrator on a platter. They would never accept what happened as a fortuitous mistake, an 'oopsie' moment, a simple joke.
How on earth would that be an 'oopsie' moment? How would you be able to have any sort of liking or respect for a character that stupid enough to believe they needed to kill someone based on a 911 call? If that happened in something like Family Guy, sure, that would make sense. It wouldn't necessarily be funny, but it would fit in the context of the humor as set up in the show.

But in DC, the humor up to a point had been, as the rating on the comic said, PG-13. Silly misunderstandings that wouldn't be out of place in a simple harem anime. Goofy stuff like the main character covering their chest in oil for a distraction: http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... e_Hormones or shameful perverted fantasies: http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... d_bad_girl So straight-out murder would NOT be in the same wheelhouse. It would be like if Tenchi or Keitaro just went and put a bullet in their head.

You have to look at a style of humor as what the media has presented to you. In Three Stooges, we know after one or two episodes that despite hammers, bananas, steel beams, they're never hurt. We establish immediately that the stooges are going to be okay. In Archer, first episode; lots of wacky humor, smart wordplay, and actual death. This means when there are jokes about characters that die, it makes sense because the characters have acknowledged it, they're just bitter and jackasses. Here in DC, we've established that hell, demons, and death but drug overdose (twice), are real, so any sort of joke relating to death becomes muddled when we know there are consequences.

Also as a tip for anyone: User Control Panel, Board Preferences, Display Options. Turn the 'Display images within posts' option to 'off' to stop seeing that stupid banner every time.
Exactly. Context is everything when it comes to humour. Something that's funny in Ma3, a raunchy sex comedy, won't be funny in DC, an, originaly, supernatural teen rom-com with dramatic elements. Just like something that's funny in Archer wouldn't necessarily be funny in My Little Pony.
I am Suleviir, Paladin of Iomede, Goddess of Valor. Those who do evil shall fear my blade.

Post Reply