Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Post Reply
User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3237
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Fluffy » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:47 pm

Dragon Paladin wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:40 pm
Speaking of, they should really change the rating from pg-13 to R, because the recent comics have veered pretty damn close to softcore porn.
Especially with this recent update. Take a look at that shower panel - Chloe doesn't look like she's simply showering, but like she's fondling herself (the way the hand is drawn at her breast honestly looks like she's tweaking her nipple; and the expression on her face doesn't help stray away from the idea that that is exactly what she's doing).

This is one of those panels that seriously inspires me to draw it myself to show a shower scene can be drawn sensually without being overtly sexual.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

User avatar
Dragon Paladin
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:43 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Dragon Paladin » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:01 pm

Fluffy wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:47 pm
Dragon Paladin wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:40 pm
Speaking of, they should really change the rating from pg-13 to R, because the recent comics have veered pretty damn close to softcore porn.
Especially with this recent update. Take a look at that shower panel - Chloe doesn't look like she's simply showering, but like she's fondling herself (the way the hand is drawn at her breast honestly looks like she's tweaking her nipple; and the expression on her face doesn't help stray away from the idea that that is exactly what she's doing).

This is one of those panels that seriously inspires me to draw it myself to show a shower scene can be drawn sensually without being overtly sexual.
I was thinking of that one comic where one of Teddi's bodyguards is sucking her nipples with almost no censoring. I have no problem with that, but it sure as hell ain't PG-13.
I am Suleviir, Paladin of Iomede, Goddess of Valor. Those who do evil shall fear my blade.

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3237
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Fluffy » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:09 pm

And, to be clear (because you know we're going to be accused of this) - pointing these things out doesn't make us anti-sex, all we're saying is that, for a PG13 comic, the depictions as of recent chapters doesn't reflect the PG13 rating.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

User avatar
Vitocap
Posts: 316
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 5:02 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Vitocap » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:40 pm

BioYuGi wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:12 am
Vitocap wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:11 am
You see, when you say that "if a naive girl strips in front of horny men they could very easily take advantage of her naiveté" you are working with a particular worldview. I understand it. But I most definitely don't share it.

I have a different worldview. Thus, we don't agree. I guess it all boils down to this.
We live in a world where there are over 300,000 women sexually assaulted every year. That's the real worldview.
That's not a worldview. That's a number. A worldview is when you claim that some number entitles you to trample on the rights of every human being on the planet. That's a worldview. The fascist worldview. The fundie worldview. The copper worldview, as Chandler once had Philip Marlowe explain in a famous passage:

“In one way cops are all the same. They all blame the wrong things. If a guy loses his pay check at a casino table, stop gambling. If he gets drunk, stop liquor. If he kills somebody in a car crash, stop making automobiles. If he gets pinched with a girl in a hotel room, stop sexual intercourse. If he falls downstairs, stop building houses.”

But, really, I don't know why you even bother telling me this. It's Giz and Dave you want, not me. Write to them, tell them how much you hate them and their stories, preach your faith to them and try to convert them. Me, I have absolutely no part in your beef with Giz and Dave.

I'm just a girl standing at the sidelines, applauding Giz and Dave for their courage, intellectual lucidity and awareness of social injustices.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

User avatar
Dragon Paladin
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:43 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Dragon Paladin » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:29 pm

Vitocap wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:40 pm
BioYuGi wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:12 am
Vitocap wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:11 am
You see, when you say that "if a naive girl strips in front of horny men they could very easily take advantage of her naiveté" you are working with a particular worldview. I understand it. But I most definitely don't share it.

I have a different worldview. Thus, we don't agree. I guess it all boils down to this.
We live in a world where there are over 300,000 women sexually assaulted every year. That's the real worldview.
That's not a worldview. That's a number. A worldview is when you claim that some number entitles you to trample on the rights of every human being on the planet. That's a worldview. The fascist worldview. The fundie worldview. The copper worldview, as Chandler once had Philip Marlowe explain in a famous passage:

“In one way cops are all the same. They all blame the wrong things. If a guy loses his pay check at a casino table, stop gambling. If he gets drunk, stop liquor. If he kills somebody in a car crash, stop making automobiles. If he gets pinched with a girl in a hotel room, stop sexual intercourse. If he falls downstairs, stop building houses.”

But, really, I don't know why you even bother telling me this. It's Giz and Dave you want, not me. Write to them, tell them how much you hate them and their stories, preach your faith to them and try to convert them. Me, I have absolutely no part in your beef with Giz and Dave.

I'm just a girl standing at the sidelines, applauding Giz and Dave for their courage, intellectual lucidity and awareness of social injustices.
No one said they think women shouldn't be strippers, or that stripping isn't a valid career. But it's simply a fact that it's part of the sex industry, and in the modern world, people, espescially women, need to be cautious in such industries, because sexual assault is a very real and very tragic reality. That does NOT mean that people should not be allowed to pursue thise careers. If that's the career they want, then they absolutely should. But just like a welder needs to use caution so they aren't hurt on the job, people in the sex industry, including strippers, need to use caution and be educated about the risks that come with the job.

Also, no one here hates, or even dislikes, Giz and Dave. These particular criticisms are about Stripperella, not DC.
I am Suleviir, Paladin of Iomede, Goddess of Valor. Those who do evil shall fear my blade.

dmra
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by dmra » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:37 pm

@Vitocap So still no proof of the accusations you made about me earlier then. So I'm guessing that in your world view facts and truth really aren't that important at least not compared to mud slinging.

Good to know the kind of person we're dealing with.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5516
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Error of Logic » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:01 pm

I'm surprised Vitocap actually read Chandler. Was it a homework assignment?

User avatar
Vitocap
Posts: 316
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 5:02 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Vitocap » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:18 pm

Dragon Paladin wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:29 pm
No one said they think women shouldn't be strippers, or that stripping isn't a valid career.
I know you don't think it, and I know you didn't say it.
But -- no one?
I suspect you must have missed parts of the discussion.
Dragon Paladin wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:29 pm
Also, no one here hates, or even dislikes, Giz and Dave. These particular criticisms are about Stripperella, not DC.
Actually, Ma3, DC and Stripperella share the same healthy, positive attitude towards stripping, porn, and the sex industry in general. And they make a point of completely avoiding the myths spread by conservative media. Kudos to them all!
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5516
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Error of Logic » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:31 pm

I can't speak for Stripperella, but sex, stripping and porn is not presented as 100% good even in Ma3 and SDB.
Remember Nathan and his casting couch? The times Suzi let her love of the horizontal rumba interfere with positive relationships she had built up and regretted it? At least one of the strippers in DC was a drug addict dancing to support a habit shown to be self-destructive. Amber is fairly anxious to get out of porn and not have her parents find out about her career prior to appearing in more mainstream media.

User avatar
Rosa
BANNED
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:22 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Rosa » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:33 pm

dmra wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:44 am
Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:50 am

Bugs Bunny... heh, good example...

I've lost count of how many times I've had to deal (for work reasons) with hysterical people who denounce the wascally wabbit as a bad influence & wholly inappropriate for children... #-o if you're wondering why, here's the rundown:
Just out of curiosity what type of job do you do that involves dealing with people regularly denouncing Bugs Bunny as a bad influence?
Actually, I'm curious too.
I remember you mentioned your job a couple of times before, always about children. Exactly what is it that you do?
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:30 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:18 pm

Rosa wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:33 pm
dmra wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:44 am
Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:50 am

Bugs Bunny... heh, good example...

I've lost count of how many times I've had to deal (for work reasons) with hysterical people who denounce the wascally wabbit as a bad influence & wholly inappropriate for children... #-o if you're wondering why, here's the rundown:
Just out of curiosity what type of job do you do that involves dealing with people regularly denouncing Bugs Bunny as a bad influence?
Actually, I'm curious too.
I remember you mentioned your job a couple of times before, always about children. Exactly what is it that you do?
Pediatric psychology...
talking to parents, explaining that sexual behavior in children is normal, that American music & cartoons are not harmful, stuff like that...



Image
Last edited by Fairy Glade's Fairy on Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5516
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Error of Logic » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:24 pm

Remarkable. Where did you graduate? What is your specialty?

User avatar
sparky
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:09 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by sparky » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:23 am

Wow, as bad as this comic has gotten it's by far a lot better than this forum! I don't care who is a troll, what a troll is, there are 3 pages of Stripperella discussion and this isn't a Stripperella forum, a huge picture that made me have to not allow any images, lots of petty sniping, accusations of racism even though it just isn't really there, etc. Amazing. Almost enough to make me miss Usenet. Almost.

User avatar
Rosa
BANNED
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:22 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Rosa » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:55 am

I think it's cool that we can talk about Carl Barks's Donald Duck comics and the Stripperella cartoon. That's 'cause I totes love those stories and enjoy very much writing about them. *smile* No, but speaking in general, it's okay by me if we talk about whatever other subject we fancy.
And it's actually cool that we are passionate about whatever we discuss, too, never mind how quarrelsome we get. Compare to the lethargy in the Ma3 forum: definitely better here. :-bd
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

User avatar
Rosa
BANNED
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:22 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Rosa » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:07 am

Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:18 pm
Rosa wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:33 pm
I remember you mentioned your job a couple of times before, always about children. Exactly what is it that you do?
Pediatric psychology...
talking to parents, explaining that sexual behavior in children is normal, that American music & cartoons are not harmful, stuff like that...
If I read that right, there's like a prejudice or animosity against America? or American entertainment???

Sorry if you mentioned it before, I don't remember; where do you live?
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

Post Reply