Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Dragon Paladin

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Dragon Paladin »

dmra wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:57 am
DarkAsh wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:43 am
I agree, I doubt the stall is sound proof so even if there wasn't a bunch of cheers before the curtains opened, it should have been considerably louder than it was back stage. Does this club have two stages so one always has a shower on it? I not, how did she not notice the shower moving? Did people throw money immediately after the curtains were opened or is Chloe so shocked she's been standing there for a bit? So many questions.
The "Featuring Candy Rocks" poster outside the club has Teddi standing under a stream of water but the background looks nothing like the shower Chloe is using. It's possible the club has more than one set of plumbed fixtures and fittings but the full blown shower looks a bit elaborate for a strip club.

But frankly I think looking for logic and consistency in the strips nowadays is being a bit optimistic.
True, and also, the bouncer said they weren't expecting her tonight, so there would be no reason to set up this on the stage if it was part of Teddi's act.

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

Milnoc wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:22 am
=)) I just completely lost it! =))
You and me, bro. =)) =))

Dave: Thanks for another hilarious strip. After seeing Chloe booted out of the house and homeless (so angsty... :( ), we sure as heck needed some good laughs. The various accents are a nice touch, it gives background depth to the characters.

Jason: Good job at the composition of a page that can't have been easy. Trying to fit all of Dave's scene descriptions in one page must have been quite the effort. Tour de force réussi! :-bd
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

Also, this may be nitpicky, but does anyone else think "Ginger's" mouth looks off in the first panel? I mean, the mouths usually look kind of weird, but i mean even considering that, the mouth looks sort of fish-like.

DarkAsh

Post by DarkAsh »

Dragon Paladin wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:15 am
Also, this may be nitpicky, but does anyone else think "Ginger's" mouth looks off in the first panel? I mean, the mouths usually look kind of weird, but i mean even considering that, the mouth looks sort of fish-like.
The lips probably look that way from pronouncing the word "yood". I like Ginger's and Coco's panic expressions in the fourth panel like there's some urgency to collect the money or else it will go down the drain.
dmra wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:57 am
The "Featuring Candy Rocks" poster outside the club has Teddi standing under a stream of water but the background looks nothing like the shower Chloe is using. It's possible the club has more than one set of plumbed fixtures and fittings but the full blown shower looks a bit elaborate for a strip club.

But frankly I think looking for logic and consistency in the strips nowadays is being a bit optimistic.
When I saw the poster my first impression was of the movie "Flashdance" where it was a bucket of water, but I guess that would have been too difficult to capture in a photo. Water may be a regular part of Teddi's act so the club may have rigged something up to simulate a shower, with both hot and cold water and faucet handle. You know, for authenticity.
Last edited by DarkAsh on Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

rakedan

Post by rakedan »

This strip is wrong on so many levels. The accent, the shower, *sigh*
An idiot on internet with memory problem.

brasca

Post by brasca »

dmra wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:31 am
FuzzyFace wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:37 am
So... the other strippers suggested that she get into the shower, which is visible from the stage...? Which Teddi never seems to have seen...?

Is the writer even trying, any more?
Not to mention that Chloe didn't hear a single wolf whistle or shout of appreciation before she got under the shower.

I've never been to a strip club but I can't imagine they're the quietest of places especially when one of the star attractions walks on stage naked apart from wings and a tail.
Keep in mind the music is loud and she has a lot on her mind right now. And it's possible she thought all the noise was directed at one of the dancers on the stage.

What I do find hard to believe is Chloe, a succubus, has any modesty at all. I would think Tartarus frowns on that kind of thing.

And if the audience likes girls with horns, wings, and tails there must be a cosplay convention in town.

bridgetvoid

Post by bridgetvoid »

Rosa wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:15 am
Milnoc wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:22 am
=)) I just completely lost it! =))
You and me, bro. =)) =))

Dave: Thanks for another hilarious strip. After seeing Chloe booted out of the house and homeless (so angsty... :( ), we sure as heck needed some good laughs. The various accents are a nice touch, it gives background depth to the characters.

Jason: Good job at the composition of a page that can't have been easy. Trying to fit all of Dave's scene descriptions in one page must have been quite the effort. Tour de force réussi! :-bd
other than showing that they are complete and utter stereotypes, what sort of background depth do these accents give the characters? Like seriously it's bad enough this comic is verging into CP territory with every subsequent sex scene or shot of Abby in tight clothes, which i get it, you dig, but seriously what sort of depth is given to the characters with these hackneyed accents?

bridgetvoid

Post by bridgetvoid »

DarkAsh wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:22 am
FuzzyFace wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:37 am
So... the other strippers suggested that she get into the shower, which is visible from the stage...? Which Teddi never seems to have seen...?

Is the writer even trying, any more?
Teddi may have known about the showers, but Chloe wouldn't.

This is a real blow to my hope that this story is going to make any progress plot wise. Couldn't the page have Chloe learn more about what Teddi has been going through than she became a stripper and it was intentional? Also, why did she let her horns and tail become visible? She should have known that there was a possibility that someone could have spotted them. Anyways, I am starting to agree more toward the haters, after these last two pages. I think I'm just getting tired of how slow this story is progresses after it started with such great promise.

I also agree that the accents are getting ridiculous. David is not being racist, but it is a silly thing to have in a comic intended for a mature audience.
it's killing me because i went back and reread some of the earlier strips and it was -so- good, they were all such interesting characters...then we had an artist change and now it's just t&a with little substance and it's a bummer, esp since Sticky Dilly and Eerie Cuties are apparently stuck in development hell or ended.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Okay, I'm going to once again give Dave the benefit of the doubt and assume that these ridiculous accents have a purpose beyond cheap laughs. (Nice to know some people still liked them - not going to name names, you know who you are.) The most obvious one that springs to mind is that these characters were created on the fly, the girls in this strip don't actually talk like this, that it's merely a part of their act, that this strip club basically panders to fetishes about race and nationality (going to guess the redhead is meant to be Irish, judging by the freckles) and they just talk in their dumb accents all the time like some kind of stripper kayfabe. That would certainly explain the stereotyping and ridiculousness of the accents. But if that's the case, this scene still falls flat because we never learned or heard about that before or during this strip. That could have been mentioned or established at any time before and then maybe, just maybe, we might be laughing at the absurdity of the accents. No promises, but it would at least make sense. All we know about this stupid club is that the management are rather careless, not checking if one of their strippers is of legal age to do this work and letting another overdose on the premises.

Of course, that last part may be why we're meeting these girls now. Maybe Dave thought that the strips dealing with the original stint at this joint left the place with no personality or sense of being lived in, and now that we're back because plot contrivance he needs people to fill the stripper-shaped holes in the extras. And maybe this is all just so Teddi realises where Chloe is now and this is the set-up for him wanting Chloe back in his life again after he feels bad for whatever reason. Even if that's all true, though, it's still a failed scene because there's no precedent for people outside Heaven and Hell to have such blatantly-themed names as a black chick called Cocoa and a (n Irish?) redhead called Ginger. And there's some interesting implications we could mine from these last two strips that the only people in town besides Gabrielle who speak with noticeable accents work for this less-than-reputable business. Assuming there wasn't a grand design behind these strippers being stereotypes, I for one don't think the unfortunate material they're involved in is happening because of prejudice, but purely out of laziness. Dave wanted to serve up cheap laughs, and serve them he did.

dmra

Post by dmra »

A bit like Teddi being called "Candy Rocks" I'd assumed that "Ginger" and "Cocoa" were stage names. I also assumed that not a lot of thought was put into them either by the club or Dave.

Part of me still though hopes that Dave is going to "swerve" us and we're going to find out that the red head is called "Cocoa" because that's her favourite bed time drink and the other was named "Ginger" because it's her favourite spice.

DocMesa

Post by DocMesa »

I'm going to play devil's advocate here (or demon's advocate, if you like) about Chloe's embarassment in that last panel.

Looking back over past strips and especially the earlier strips, Chloe has always been quite modest about her appearence. She always sleeps in a nightgown of some sort and even in the scene where she kills Teddy after becoming too passionate, she wasn't undressed for that either.

In Tartarus Academy, the pupils wear uniforms every time we see them, which would suggest clothing is the social norm. Even Slash'n'Stab, a veteran succubus with self confidence that could shatter granite, only takes her clothes off when she's about to do the nasty with Teddy. Same also applies to that section with the control key - the girl whose name escapes me wore a swim suit most of the time, except when try to eat Teddy.

In short, it seems like succubi feel the need for clothing as much as humans do, with them only coming off when succubus duty calls. Thinking about it, its kind of like stripper logic - although a stripper is comfortable with nudity, it's only in specific situations and outside of those consented environments, it's invasive and embarrassing to be seen naked.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Okay, so after checking the page multiple times and reading this thread, I've confirmed that I did not in fact go crazy. A strip gets a massive side-eye regarding potentially racist dialogue, and the very next strip involves a slant-eyed, bobcut wearing, flat-nosed Asian woman, who speaks in broken English. This definitely is not something I was imagining for a delusional moment.

Also, is Cocoa the black one, and Ginger the freckly one?

Also also, how long were the patrons watching her take a normal shower? That's just weird.
**== **== **== **==

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Yeah, I thinking about just bookmarking this & catch up in 6 months, maybe binge-reading will make things better. Frankly, I'm just bored with DC, character-wise things have been rather pathetic for a while ; plot-wise with only 2 updates a week each - ending with a punchline of sorts, things are moving at a snail's pace ; fanservice-wise I don't find any of the semi-recent character portrayals & situations remotely sexy* ; lastly, all the jokes have fallen rather flat for me for the last year or so.

Of course on the other hand, since I've put Mà3 on ice as well & SOTR is on hiatus until eisu's hand heals, it would mean that I would stop coming to Pixie Trix altogether, which would be kind of sad.

*Tangent: oddly enough, out of the entire Pixie Trix lineup, I think SOTR is the series that has had some of the sexiest panels, beating even fanservice-heavy sex-comedy Mà3.

EDIT - ^ "Also also, how long were the patrons watching her take a normal shower? That's just weird." ^

Look more closely at the top of the final panel, the shower blinds have only just been pulled open.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

So, I became confused about the shower as well. That setup seemed really odd.

So I texted an ex-stripper I know.

Apparently this is a thing! Some clubs actually do this. It caters to people who enjoy voyeurism.

What they’ve got on stage there is a shower “set”. Like, they build and plumb this thing just like they were putting it into a house, with parts right out of Home Depot. Then they cut away one wall and cover it with a stage curtain. A club that’s doing it right will put the lights on really bright center stage, the rest of the club is pitch dark. If you’re in the shower you can’t see the audience.

(Note: some places have more attention to detail than others.)

Once the performer is in the shower, they very slowly pull back the curtain. The audience is almost always dead silent. They’re voyeurs, mind you. They’re watching.

Interesting footnote: Best tips in this setup? Just go out there and take a shower. Not a ‘sexy’ shower, just a regular ol’ shower. Soap up, rinse off, pretend like you’re at home and nobody’s watching, like this is perfectly normal. Shave your legs and your pubic hair if you’ve got time, that is apparently a big audience pleaser.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Chloe thinks she's being led to a shower so she can wash/dry off after being caught in the rain - and Teddy's co-workers neglected to tell her that she was actually going on stage to perform for the Hell of it; full f*cking monty, at that! (isn't it a general rule in strip clubs that the g-string stays on?)

Wow - talk about a violation of trust! Even if strip showering is something Teddy does as part of his act; why would these ladies think that Teddy would be okay with actually cleaning off in front of an audience after being caught in the rain? Teddy has got to have the worst co--workers ever for them to pull a sleazy stunt like that.

Also, I wouldn't touch that money after the fact; considering these other strippers are stuffing the bills into the front of their own g-strings (tucking the bills under the straps/in the bra - okay; shoving the bills into the crotch? HURK!)
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.