Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Fluffy

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-03-18 Nice Accessories

Post by Fluffy »

People also still need to learn the definition of constructive criticism and that all forms of creativity are subjected to it (i.e. - not everyone is going to love something someone creates; and that's okay).
Last edited by Fluffy on Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

dmra

Post by dmra »

@FluffyThe problem is that if you don't challenge the use of terms like "trolls" or "haters" for people who criticise the comic then it can become an accepted view. Look at some of the comments about the DC forum on the MA3 one where a lot of people already seem to think that the atmosphere here is really toxic.

So every now and again I like to point out how wrong the labels are just to try to stop the atmosphere here getting any worse than it already has.

@FGF putting words into people's mouths is quite a classic troll trick. For example could you please quote a single post where anybody has said the "author should be ashamed".

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

@dmra - you're heart's in the right place, and I can respect that; it just a pointless endeavor, considering the people you're trying to get through to aren't going to listen to reason.

Good luck, though.

dmra

Post by dmra »

I'm pretty sure that somebody who uses the slogan "Giz mit uns" isn't likely to be shaken in their faith and certainty by anything I say. But it's not so much that I'm trying to get through to them and the others who are equally zealous but to other people who might potentially be persuaded by them.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

What a surprise! :)) :)) :))
(And the associates are all very nice, indeed.) :)

Derfman

Post by Derfman »

Ok... Everybody who came here to complain, you all are just brain dead. This is a Comic. Comics historically have been big on stereotyping, being a bit offensive and stretching reality. It is what they do. They do a lot of it just for effect. While occasionally some have wandered into the realm of social commentary.. For Better or Worse comes to mind, most just want to tell a story in a humorous manner. Taking Dangerously Chloe serious is just not intelligent in the least bit. I really feel that too many people have lost it to the mind control media and get offended at the least little provocation. Chill people, it is only a comic.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Security! We have another troll on the premises!

I love how Derfman's argument about us all being "brain dead" is that this is a comic, therefore not meant to be taken seriously. And that we're all mind-controlled. I mean, it's right out of left field. Sheesh.

Edit: Obviously this is all sarcasm.
Last edited by LegendaryKroc on Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Derfman wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:07 pm
Ok... Everybody who came here to complain, you all are just brain dead.
Well way to try to win over people. Calling people you disagree with "brain dead" must be about number 1073 in the list of persuasive arguments.

Leaving aside the casual insults people are aware that this is a fictional story. It's just that a lot of people think it used to be a lot better story than it currently is and criticise it accordingly. Most of the people posting here read at least one other Pixie Trix comic and are a lot more positive about them because they think those are better.

And as for it only being a comic did you ever complain to friends about a film? Why? It's only a film! If you don't like it just get up and leave. Don't like what's on TV then just turn over .It's only a TV show! Ever got involved in watching sports and got upset if your team plays badly? Why? It's only sport.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Derfman wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:07 pm
Ok... Everybody who came here to complain, you all are just brain dead. This is a Comic. Comics historically have been big on stereotyping, being a bit offensive and stretching reality. It is what they do. They do a lot of it just for effect. While occasionally some have wandered into the realm of social commentary.. For Better or Worse comes to mind, most just want to tell a story in a humorous manner. Taking Dangerously Chloe serious is just not intelligent in the least bit. I really feel that too many people have lost it to the mind control media and get offended at the least little provocation. Chill people, it is only a comic.
It's a form of media that people are free to give feedback on - whether that feedback is supportive or critical depends on the personal opinion of the reader - not a result of 'mind control media'.

Honestly, why do some folks give the impression that the forum is a hug box only meant to praise the writer/artist and anyone who doesn't are just 'haters'?

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Yeah, it's almost as if fans can have different opinions from the writer and artist or whatever of a given piece of media and not like some of the work they put out.

Oh wait, we can.

And Fairy Glade's Fairy, if you or Vitocap or anyone else calling myself and other critical (as in criticising) users here "Trolls" are still here, feel free to stop dropping by this forum if you really think we're a bunch of 4chan-level jerks. But if you keep staying on, you must not think as badly of us as you claim.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

dmra wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:27 pm
It's not a new point but you do realise that the definition of "troll" isn't "somebody who disagrees with me or says things I don't like" don't you?
Well, perhaps you could try apologizing. Have you ever considered that?

Think about all the times you babbled on relentlessly against some aspect of the comic, pretending you knew what you were talking about, and then were proved wrong by people who, unlike you, actually understand the subject. IE: the more recent case, the debate about accents. I do believe that not once, not even once, have you expressed repentance to the community of fans for your errors.

If you offered the forum a sincere apology for all the instances when you made us waste our time with uninformed blather, that would go a long way into supporting your claims that you are not here to troll the fandom.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Apologize - for having a difference of opinion? Really? /:)

dmra

Post by dmra »

@vitocap If you can find a single thing that I said that was factually incorrect about the accents or anything else I'll happily apologise. In fact if you look closely you can see somewhere on this thread where I admitted that I'd been wrong about something and thanked the person who pointed it out.

While we're on that subject how about you apologising for saying I had personally attacked Dave because I expressed doubt about his ability to handle one subject sensitively. Because if that is a personal attack then so is every piece of literary, film or other criticism ever written.

And if you really dislike my posts that much feel free to add me to your foes list.

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

Vitocap wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:17 pm
lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:59 am
I noticed that too. Everybody in this club is very heavily stereotypical. (Side note: Anybody have *any* idea what Ginger’s accent is supposed to be? I can’t pin it down.)

Again I would point out that Dave doesn’t do this, this is the first example we’ve seen in literally thousands of Pixie Trix strips where he’s leaned on borderline-offensive stereotypes, so there’s probably some purpose behind it.
IINM it's a wink to Stripperella.
:-o :-o :-o
OH. EMM. EFF. GEE.
I can't believe I didn't notice it before! It's been years since I watched Stripperella, but I should have realized! The looks and speech pattern of the bouncer were a dead giveaway, and then we got Gisele --> Ginger and Persie --> both Cocoa & the Chinese girl (a tip of the hat to the running joke that Persie changed ethnicity and accents all the time).

And the top stripper in the joint has secret identity issues, that's so perfect. :ymapplause:

Now we are only missing Catt (and Kevin, but who cares 'bout him, right?). Unless that chick who overdosed was Catt? after all she was supposed to be the 'Bad Girl' in the cast. But if that's not it, then I predict Chloe will soon meet a rival stripper who's out to get Candy Rocks. Be afraid, be very afraid!
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

brasca

Post by brasca »

dmra wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:48 pm
@FluffyThe problem is that if you don't challenge the use of terms like "trolls" or "haters" for people who criticise the comic then it can become an accepted view. Look at some of the comments about the DC forum on the MA3 one where a lot of people already seem to think that the atmosphere here is really toxic.

So every now and again I like to point out how wrong the labels are just to try to stop the atmosphere here getting any worse than it already has.

@FGF putting words into people's mouths is quite a classic troll trick. For example could you please quote a single post where anybody has said the "author should be ashamed".
Agreed and I found myself arguing about Teddi's moral responsibility around this time last year when she was secreting pheromones, but it became a tiresome effort and I'm just too busy so I just block members now.