Dangerously Chloe 22-03-18 Where Chloe Went

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 22-03-18 Where Chloe Went

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! While Abby and Teddy argue, we flashback to see what happened to Chloe after she left the house.

DarkAsh

Re: Dangerously Chloe 22-03-18 Where Chloe Went

Post by DarkAsh »

Good job, Abby. Stand up for Chloe. Now explain how Teddi's angry is directed at the wrong person.

Jason, nice job on the composition these past few pages.

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

While Teddi is far from blameless, Chloe isn't exactly innocent.

Imagine how much of this wouldn't be happening if she hadn't sabotaged Teddy's date with Triana.
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

Jason Waltrip

Post by Jason Waltrip »

Thanks, DarkAsh.

DarkAsh

Post by DarkAsh »

You're correct. Everyone has some level of blame, but The true person to blame for all of this is Alchemy. If she hadn't injected him with her blood he wouldn't be stuck in this body. (I know this has been discussed before.) I don't understand how Teddi could have forgiven him/her and finally lose it on Chloe.

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

Yeah actually. Al essentially caused this whole Teddi mess didn't they. I wonder if they even notice the personality change?

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Well Teddy's inability to handle the concept of mortality with anything approaching tact or grace caused problems for Alchemy too, so in my book they're about even.

As for Abby, on one hand that growth spurt comment is the single stupidest thing I've read in this comic, and I've read some doozies. On the other, she's absolutely right; you can't just kick someone out of your house without at least making sure they're set up for another place.

DarkAsh

Post by DarkAsh »

Kroc, I believe the growth spurt line is the joke for this page. I found it funny because it is absurdly ridiculous. As for Chloe having another place, she doesn't need to wander the streets. She can always go to her parent's or back to her school, right?

That last panel with Chloe seeing the poster may lead to some very interesting developments. We know Chloe knows that Teddi had to move out, but did she know why and what he was doing to afford that fancy hotel with the in-door pool? If she's just finding out then this will lead to a huge epiphany for her about Teddi's troubles.

This story just keeps getting more interesting. I cannot wait for the next page.
Last edited by DarkAsh on Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

She can go to Hell. Literally.

She's far from destitute.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:28 am
Well Teddy's inability to handle the concept of mortality with anything approaching tact or grace caused problems for Alchemy too, so in my book they're about even.
If we are talking about the time he saved his coworker at the strip club, we can't exactly blame Teddy for wanting to save some one. Al should have known most mortals wouldn't just let someone die. Or at least, that Teddy isn't the type to let someone die.
On the other, she's absolutely right; you can't just kick someone out of your house without at least making sure they're set up for another place.
That kinda depends on the circumstances of why someone would kick another person out. Plus Chloe does have options.

Zane

Post by Zane »

I'm tired of Teddi the whore, when the hell are we getting the real Teddy back

HE turned into a major scrappy (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheScrappy) and if anything, I see time travel retconning a lot of this, if not the angel's blood.

As far as Chloe's concerned, she's no saint, but HE never gave her a chance to explain herself, just went full retard

brasca

Post by brasca »

Does Chloe really have nowhere else to go? She can teleport anywhere. Maybe she'd prefer to avoid Tartarus, but I don't see why she could visit Adorra or if she'd prefer to avoid other succubi there's Nina or Brooke. I'm sure they'd be happy to let her sleepover.

Master of 7s

Post by Master of 7s »

Is this strip being serious with the "protagonist wandering the streets in the rain" trope? There is literally no logic to for this scene to exist. Chloe is a demon. She can travel back and forth between the earth and infernal planes at will or she can just pop back to her mom's house. So unless there was something in that contract that Abby signed that nullified her powers (a point that should have at least been hinted at) this scene serves no purpose other than for plot convenience, which makes it trite and pointless.

I don't mind stories that meander a little bit, but the rules of the universe need to be consistent. If Chloe is so emotionally distraught over being kicked out that she forgot how her powers work, I can accept that, but there has thus far been nothing in this story that suggests that stress induced amnesia is a thing that happens to demons.

Zane

Post by Zane »

brasca wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:07 am
Does Chloe really have nowhere else to go? She can teleport anywhere. Maybe she'd prefer to avoid Tartarus, but I don't see why she could visit Adorra or if she'd prefer to avoid other succubi there's Nina or Brooke. I'm sure they'd be happy to let her sleepover.
I'm gonna assume she's still in shock plus how the day went overall

Shame we gotta wait til Monday to see what happens

Zane

Post by Zane »

Master of 7s wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:12 am
Is this strip being serious with the "protagonist wandering the streets in the rain" trope? There is literally no logic to for this scene to exist. Chloe is a demon. She can travel back and forth between the earth and infernal planes at will or she can just pop back to her mom's house. So unless there was something in that contract that Abby signed that nullified her powers (a point that should have at least been hinted at) this scene serves no purpose other than for plot convenience, which makes it trite and pointless.

I don't mind stories that meander a little bit, but the rules of the universe need to be consistent. If Chloe is so emotionally distraught over being kicked out that she forgot how her powers work, I can accept that, but there has thus far been nothing in this story that suggests that stress induced amnesia is a thing that happens to demons.
Don't forget she could time travel