Dangerously Chloe 15-03-18 Confide in Me

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Post Reply
User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3138
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-03-18 Confide in Me

Post by Fluffy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:45 am

@Ollie - No reason to apologize. My 'so sexay!' comment wasn't directed at you/your comment; it was meant to be sarcastic on my end.
Rosa wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:25 am
And *this* is your proof that she has a sex-negative mindset? You serious, girlfriend!? I call it proof that she needs to be trained to be more wary of things like assault and rape. Someone hafta teach her that not every fuck is a good fuck. That's all the proof I can find in here. And why the smileys, I don't know. Wtf is so funny? What, you think it's cute that Abby is so clueless she can't even figure out the real danger of a sexual aggression?
I said Abby was clueless when it came to sex; I never said she was sex-negative (reaching much?). Abby also didn't freak out because she knows who Al is and is well aware he wouldn't hurt her (if he was a stranger - then yeah, I'd imagine she'd wake the entire house with her screaming).

And what's so funny? I think it's downright hilarious how you and Vitocap aren't even trying to hide the fact that you're practicing double standards when it comes to supplying in comic evidence to prove your claims - ignoring the evidence that proves your claims are bogus, but then expecting others to accept your very weak examples as undeniable proof - and then resorting to underhanded insults when your own evidence falls flat.

Case in point...Vitocap's response
Vitocap wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:01 am
Naaah, it's not like that. She's just grasping at straws, she has no idea what she's saying anymore. The poor dear never realized that, if she makes an outrageous claim and expects everyone else to buy it, it's her very own responsibility to provide arguments and evidence to support her assertion -- and not the other way around. The paradigm shift shocked and rocked her mind, and, we~ell... I'm afraid I short-circuited her. :p We'll need to give her some time to boot up again.
And you know what that is you did just there? That's called projection. It's also a prime example of childish baiting. ;;)

In any case, I'm done addressing either one of you. While a number of us have given you both ample in universe examples that prove Abby is utterly clueless when it comes to sex/has no sex drive, both of you have failed to supply ample evidence that Abby is a sexually active pre-teen and what little' 'proof' you did provide just proves she's a curious pre-teen (which is normal for that age; but, last time I knew - curiosity about sex =/= sex drive).

And no, choosing to stop addressing you on this topic doesn't mean you've won the argument or that I've added you to my ignore list - it just means I'm done talking to brick walls.
Last edited by Fluffy on Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

dmra
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-03-18 Confide in Me

Post by dmra » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:24 pm

But when you "know" you're right why even listen to anybody else? The heretics can't possibly have anything to say worth saying?

That amount of certainty and a level of fan worship of the creators that Gilderoy Lockhart might find excessive doesn't exactly suggest discussion is going to be productive.

User avatar
Mandy
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Gotham

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-03-18 Confide in Me

Post by Mandy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:39 pm

I think that Abby probably knows the basics of sex from sex ed classes. Pandora and Chloe managed to confuse her with their succubus sex ed, but she likely knows the mechanics of things.

However, knowing the mechanics of sex doesn't mean that you're ready to have sex. When your hormones are in flux at puberty, you're in an innately vulnerable place, and, if you're having sex with anyone, it should be with someone else in that same hormonal flux... I don't really think that they're putting Abby on the trajectory to have sex regardless though... Or at least I hope that they aren't.

I think that the place where Abby is headed in this story *should* be that she realizes that she forfeited her old life to get her new body. She won't be able to go to her old school. She won't get to be around her old crush. Heck, if she goes to Tartarus, she'll be in all girls classes and all the boys will be afraid of her. She's lost her main reason for wanting the big breasts to begin with. I think that she's on the fast path to personal growth by being forced to realize that her shallow wants made her miserable.

... Or maybe not. I overestimate these characters sometimes.

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3138
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-03-18 Confide in Me

Post by Fluffy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:15 pm

See, that would make for an interesting story. Here's hoping you're right.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:30 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-03-18 Confide in Me

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:45 pm

dmra wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:23 pm
@Fluffy
Thanks I must have missed the debate on the MA3 forum. Although thinking about it I doubt I have missed very much.
That would be the infamous "harder dick" debate...
it's one of the old issues in Ma3 that Didi has trouble coming during sex, and the reason was found eventually that it's bcs she needs an emotional connection with her partner to orgasm... but Fluffy argued against that & said that the problem was that Didi just needed someone to fuck her hard enough, and that would do the trick... she even recommended Matt for the job.... and when we replied that Didi had been fucked hard before and that did nothing to her, Fluffy argued that she just needed a harder dick...
I stopped discussing when I realized Fluffy's beef wasn't with us the other posters... she wasn't against us, no; she was fighting against Giz, against the canon, against all that Giz had set in her comic... so no reason for me to keep on discussing... we just had to let Giz deal with her, ignore her or whatever...

... you know what? I guess you are right, you didn't miss much......



Image
Last edited by Fairy Glade's Fairy on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:30 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-03-18 Confide in Me

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:57 pm

Hyper Magi wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:50 pm
@Fairy I don't get your assertions about Fluffy. You're assuming they're some repressed puritan.... because they don't personally find the current events regarding Abby to be funny or sexy? Making statements like that make it difficult to believe you are sincerely trying to have a discussion. You shouldn't try to throw shade on someone's character if you want to be taken seriously. You know nothing about the poster, just their argument. Stick to that.
huh, so that's your take on it, hm? well, I'm a-ok with it... you see, since I explained some scientific truths in the forum and she totally exploded in my face, with EXTREME AGGRESSIVITY and INSULTS, I assumed I was dealing with a Christian fundie... but perhaps I was wrong, as you say; maybe she is, maybe she isn't... but, in the end... it has zero relevance to the point in debate.

I've got, bcs of my education, a scientific background; and I have a great deal of experience in discussions like this one, you know? talking science to ppl who hate science...

like trying to explain neurological development to anti-abortionists, they react just like Fluffy....

or like trying to explain theory of evolution to creationists, same thing, they snap and turn aggressive & violent...

I made an assumption... you see, here I was, explaining child sexuality to some ppl who don't understand a word of it, and, instead of thanking me for my effort at teaching them stuff, she started insulting me... totally out of the blue, calling me horrible, pitiful & desperate... I assumed I was talking to a Puritan fundie... they're all like that, they are scared shitless of science... but hey, if you tell me she's not like that, I'm fine with that... coz it doesn't change anything to the debate......

I can tell you, as certain fact, that science has been working on this subject for decades.. biology, ethology, sexology, neurology, psychology... we have been studying child sexuality for a long time & from every possible angle... and by now we know extremely well how it works... I summarized it in my previous post, so that everyone in the forum would know it too (at least the broader & most general aspects), and now, by all rational standards, the debate is closed, because you don't oppose science. Unless you do want to go down the zealot fundie path... you don't want that, amirite?

Life in society sorta tends to fill your brain with a vague mix of religious fallacies and superstitions, and too often you hurt those around you because of that, especially children, who are completely defenseless against the things you do to them... too often too many people go bananas when they see children engaging in some sort of sexual-related behavior, and they fly into a frenzy of repression, terrifying and traumatizing the poor children who were only doing what comes natural to them according to genes and instincts... as a result, they inflict those poor children long-lasting psychological damage... it's really horrible & monstruous...

I'm really disturbed by the way some of you talk about Abby, refusing her the right to find herself a boy partner and sex-play with him, insisting against all reason (and against everything shown in the story so far) that she doesn't have a sexual drive... that's why I laid down the scientific law about this issue... I don't want ppl to go out of internet to the real world and start hurting real-life children, treating them in the same cruel and odious way they're treating Abby....



Image

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3138
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-03-18 Confide in Me

Post by Fluffy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:18 pm

Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:45 pm
That would be the infamous "harder dick" debate...
it's one of the old issues in Ma3 that Didi has trouble coming during sex, and the reason was found eventually that it's bcs she needs an emotional connection with her partner to orgasm... but Fluffy argued against that & said that the problem was that Didi just needed someone to fuck her hard enough, and that would do the trick... she even recommended Matt for the job.... and when we replied that Didi had been fucked hard before and that did nothing to her, Fluffy argued that she just needed a harder dick...

I stopped discussing when I realized Fluffy's beef wasn't with us the other posters... she wasn't against us, no; she was fighting against Giz, against the canon, against all that Giz had set in her comic... so no reason for me to keep on discussing... we just had to let Giz deal with her, ignore her or whatever...

... you know what? I guess you are right, you didn't miss much......
Wow - way to make things up. I screwed up on the Kiley sweet talking Didi thing, but that's about the extent of it - everything you claimed I said, you're making up.

I'll not get into this discussion, again - but, anyone who wants to see if what FGF claims is true, you can find the discussion in the Ma3 forum under the thread titled 'My Greatest Fear'.
Last edited by Fluffy on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

dmra
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-03-18 Confide in Me

Post by dmra » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:54 pm

Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:45 pm
dmra wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:23 pm

I stopped discussing when I realized Fluffy's beef wasn't with us the other posters... she wasn't against us, no; she was fighting against Giz, against the canon, against all that Giz had set in her comic... so no reason for me to keep on discussing... we just had to let Giz deal with her, ignore her or whatever...
I find it quite ironic that somebody who makes such a point about how hard they found it discussing things with religious fundamentalists sounds exactly like one. Only in this case your "faith" is vested in a person who draws an online comic.

A few people have complained about how some of us posters have made unfair and unjustified "attacks" on the various creators. I could be wrong but i suspect if I was Dave or Giz I'd find honest criticism -even if I disagreed with it- considerably less troubling than the hero worship on steroids a handful of their "supporters" have shown.

User avatar
Mandy
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Gotham

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-03-18 Confide in Me

Post by Mandy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:28 pm

Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:57 pm
I'm really disturbed by the way some of you talk about Abby, refusing her the right to find herself a boy partner and sex-play with him, insisting against all reason (and against everything shown in the story so far) that she doesn't have a sexual drive... that's why I laid down the scientific law about this issue... I don't want ppl to go out of internet to the real world and start hurting real-life children, treating them in the same cruel and odious way they're treating Abby....
There's just an awkwardness involved in Abby having this adult body. If she were a normal kid dating another kid, that would be fine... But how is it supposed to work with her in an adult body? If she's with a kid her age, she's going to look like a pedophile to the adults around her. If she's with an adult, it's going to feel like she's being taken advantage of and rushed into things by someone more experienced... I tend to think of kids going through puberty as being drunk on hormones. It's wrong for adults to saunter in sober as can be and take advantage.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5409
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-03-18 Confide in Me

Post by Error of Logic » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:22 pm

Not to mention she has no idea how to handle a succubus' hunger.
If she does sleep with someone, apart from all the other off-putting factors, she'll kill them.
My comic, Res Mira, starts here.

The crazy will bust loose. Either in the stories or on the forum. Or both at the same time.

Mad theory: Eulice is actually a retired succubus. This explains why she says DiDi Chastel looks like she did in her younger years. She maintains her current form because it allows her to get through her day without having to turn down sexual advances.

A busty redhead by decree of the Internet...? o.o;

User avatar
Rosa
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:22 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-03-18 Confide in Me

Post by Rosa » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:15 pm

@Fairy coincidence that you mention Puritans, I have been thinking for a while now that this squabble in the forum is actually American readers on one side vs. Canadian readers + all readers from the rest of the world. Puritan culture has always permeated American culture; it has given them Comstock(ery), Hoover, Limbaugh, anti-sex feminists, every high-profile Republican politician today. And there's this one thing I know about the old New England Puritans, it's that they believed that the idea of sin is the same as sin. Suppose one of those Puritans saw a comely lass on the street and got lustful thoughts in his head; well, since sex out of marriage was a mortal sin and he'd just had sexy thoughts, the poor sod would return home and flagellate himself to atone for his sin. It didn't matter that he hadn't done shit wrong; he had the idea of sinning, and that was the same as sin for Puritans. They couldn't tell fantasy from reality. Sounds familiar? I think it does. I'm reminded of this every time I see Americans hollering war on porn, censorship of movies and games, persecution of authors of politically incorrect stories and grim condemnation of Canadian webcomics.
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5409
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-03-18 Confide in Me

Post by Error of Logic » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:44 pm

*sigh* We are all discussing a work of fiction here.
My comic, Res Mira, starts here.

The crazy will bust loose. Either in the stories or on the forum. Or both at the same time.

Mad theory: Eulice is actually a retired succubus. This explains why she says DiDi Chastel looks like she did in her younger years. She maintains her current form because it allows her to get through her day without having to turn down sexual advances.

A busty redhead by decree of the Internet...? o.o;

User avatar
Hyper Magi
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:04 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-03-18 Confide in Me

Post by Hyper Magi » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:57 pm

To be fair um.... Fairy? You became condescending pretty quickly in this topic.
hoo boy... welcome to the Dark Ages... #-o
tell me at least that you don't believe the Sun revolves around the Earth...
or that your computer is powered by prayer...
or by sacrifices to great god Grurgh the woman-clubber...
That was your second post, after accusing "way too many people" in the topic of having no idea about child sexuality. So already you're going to force someone into the defensive with this belittling comment. You claim to have a scientific background, but you seem to be forgetting a rather basic aspect of human nature. People don't like to be lectured to if they didn't sign up for it, especially by someone who looks down on them. Why should anyone "thank" you for anything?


You accuse people who disagree with you with being a stereotypical religious fundie, which disqualifies you from having a good faith debate with someone because you've already mentally made an excuse as to why they oppose your view. It's difficult to believe you want to have an honest conversation with someone when you so casually make insulting assumptions about people. You come off as disingenuous which is a red flag. One can only give someone the benefit of the doubt for so long.



Additionally, you are trying to bring up real life "logic" in a fictional situation that goes against it. You can talk about the sexuality of pre-teens all you want. None of them are in Abby's unique situation right now. Unless there's scientific evidence regarding how a 12 year old in an adult's body, with supercharged adult hormones, is going to react to things....


(On a side note, Is the "Puritans hate sex" thing even historically accurate? I heard that was a myth but I haven't fact checked to be certain....)
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

dmra
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-03-18 Confide in Me

Post by dmra » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:15 pm

Rosa wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:15 pm
@Fairy coincidence that you mention Puritans, I have been thinking for a while now that this squabble in the forum is actually American readers on one side vs. Canadian readers + all readers from the rest of the world. .
Can't speak for anybody else but I'm from the UK and I'm firmly on the side of the "Puritans" in this debate despite not being remotely puritanical in real life.

Part of the problem with your analysis is that you seem to be overlooking the fact that most people's objection to the sexual aspect of this is that Abby is only twelve years old and not a very emotionally mature 12 year old at that. So while she physically may look 18 plus in reality she isn't even a teenager and is hardly ready for the emotional and other complexities of sex. So is it really surprising that many people find the idea of her engaging in any kind of sex act a bit squicky?

Another part of the problem with your suggestion is that most of the people criticising the Abby story line are also long time and happy readers of MA3. Which let's face it is a pretty broad sex comedy. Hardly the stuff likely to appeal to the stereotypical "Puritan".

User avatar
Cortez
Posts: 1965
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-03-18 Confide in Me

Post by Cortez » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:30 pm

Mandy wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:39 pm
I think that Abby probably knows the basics of sex from sex ed classes. Pandora and Chloe managed to confuse her with their succubus sex ed, but she likely knows the mechanics of things.
Is Canadian Sex Ed any better than the American ones?
Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:45 pm
we just had to let Giz deal with her, ignore her or whatever...
And Fluffy is still around because their is nothing wrong with criticism. Something i'm sure Giz understands

Criticism isn't a personal attack. Also, the claim that Fluffy was fighting against Giz is ridiculous. So is the claim that Fluffy having a different opinion meant they were fighting against you.

Post Reply