Dangerously Chloe 15-03-18 Confide in Me

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Vitocap

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-03-18 Confide in Me

Post by Vitocap »

The same point at least a dozen posters have been making (with considerable success, I might add) since this story arc started.

To repeat myself: Abby is a normal girl like every other girl her age, and the theory that she is a chaste, ethereal, asexual entity is nothing but a fluky phantasm best discarded with a swift and decisive swing of Occam's razor.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

There's a difference between being curious about sex and having a a sex drive

Abby is curious about sex (example - perking up at the idea of having the sex talk, the beefcake pictures on her wall and appreciating the male body in general), no one at any point has argued against that; but there has never been any evidence in this comic that shows that Abby is interested in having sex. When asked for proof that she is - the best that can be offered are those beefcake pictures that a very small group of people assume she's been masturbating to; because they assume all girls Abby's age masturbate.

Attraction/curiosity =/= sex drive.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Vitocap wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:00 pm
Wouldn't it be more sensible and judicious to discard said theory as nothing but the fluky phantasm of a wandering mind and accept Abby as a normal girl like every other girl her age?
Layla, Brooke, and Tiffany prove otherwise. They're all older and far more mature than Abby, yet, we've had confirmation that Layla and Tiff are both still virgins and so is Brooke.

There's been no evidence of Abby having anything more than an interest in cute guys. That doesn't automatically mean she's been touching herself.
Vitocap wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:00 pm
Occam's razor for the win, I say, somewhat sententiously.
In that case: the thought of sex hadn't entered Abby's mind, until Chloe and Pandora brought it up. So, using Occam's Razor, what does that tell you? :-\

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

While children(and indeed people) have a wide variety of behavior...

I find it funny how Abby is considered "a normal girl like every other girl her age" when... she really isn't.

Consider the following.

Abby lacks parental figures in her life. Her father is presumably paying the bills, but he himself isn't there to raise her. No signs of the mother. The closest thing is her "brother" who himself is too young to really take on the responsibility of "raising" a child. Of course ever since he became Teddi, they've been less than stellar as a guardian.

The first people(From what we know) that discussed sex with her are two succubi. Neither of which know much about normal human sexuality(Exploiting it sure, but considering they told Abby the male gets pregnant....) The quality of sex ed varies based on country, but for sake of argument let us assume most girls receive an adequate education at school/home instead of what Abby has received thus far.

Abby... isn't entirely Abby anymore. She has the body of a succubus, and presumably this is going to cause her to feel things a bit differently than a normal human. Any sexual feelings she has is likely to be unnaturally enhanced at this point.

Though she didn't act too abnormally prior to her change, she's in far too abnormal a situation to be just like "every other" 12 year old girl. Unless you want to suggest "12 year old under several bad influences".

Oh and let's not forget that Abby currently thinks sex results in the male's death
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Fluffy wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:34 pm
There has never been any evidence in this comic that shows that Abby is interested in having sex. When asked for proof that she is - the best that can be offered are those beefcake pictures that a very small group of people assume she's been masturbating to; because they assume all girls Abby's age masturbate.
No, no, no. My dear, you're inverting the burden of proof.

To repeat myself once again: Abby is a normal girl like every other girl her age. This is the point that people have been making all this time.

Now, if you want to argue against this point, if you want to postulate that Abby has no interest in the sexual act, you better provide some proof.

Point us to some scene or moment where Abby is faced with a sexy situation and reacts expressing her disinterest in sex. Point us to some dialogue where Abby makes a speech rejecting the idea of sex. Come up with some proof, any proof.

Otherwise, I'm sorry for you, but Occam's razor swings and we are to assume by default that Abby is a normal girl like every other girl her age.

And we will continue reading with knowing smiles and understanding nods every scene in the comic where Abby is faced with a sexy situation and has a strong positive reaction.

Exempli gratia: when she wakes up at night and finds a naked grown-up hunk in her bed and bursts with joy and thanks Santa for giving her just the gift she wanted, we will take it at face value and say "Why, of course! Just as expected!"

So, unless you can come up with something, anything, proving that, unlike every other girl her age, Abby is indifferent to the idea of sex, we will assume she's a typical girl her age. And we will read every scene of hers as the scenes of a perfectly normal girl who reacts to sexual stimulation in a perfectly normal way.

The burden of proof rests on your shoulders. Good luck with that.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

She found a naked man in her bed, sure - and instead of taking the opportunity to peek at his goods/feel him up/take pics, etc, she quickly hid on the side of the bed while quietly asking if it were all a prank (after grabbing a vial of his blood, Abby lost all interest in the sexy man laying in her bed).

Yeah - that sounds like something a pre-teen with an overactive sex drive would do. 8-|

Now, how about you show me an example of Abby being interested in having sex/partaking in masturbation - since you're trying so hard to convince everyone that all teenage girls Abby's age do that. If it's true, there must be a scene in the comic showing it.

Burden of proof now falls on your shoulders. Good luck! :)

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Vitocap wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:35 am
Now, if you want to argue against this point, if you want to postulate that Abby has no interest in the sexual act, you better provide some proof.

Good luck with that.
We already have, unless you're choosing to disregard what we've shown you.

If you want further evidence, here's what Abby thinks about sex (because of the misinformation Chloe and Pandora gave her). Her horrified expressions throughout the page and her promise to Teddy in the last panel should be sufficient enough. She's still interested in boys her own age, but I think we can safely say she isn't thinking much further than Nina was when she first started.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

There's also the fact that - if she was so wrapped up in the idea of sex, she'd notice it when it was right in front of her.

However, despite the fact that Pandora was having some rather noisy sex in the house (and it was shown that it could be heard in other rooms), Abby slept right through it. Also, being exposed to her father making out with Pandora at the breakfast table didn't get much of a reaction out of her, outside of a bewildered look.

Hell, even in the most recent update - she's on the phone with Slash Stab, who is literally in the middle of having sex with someone. Unless Slash Stab is utterly unresponsive to attention being paid to her body, there's no way Abby would have been able to miss the sounds of sexy times.

In all examples - she's either completely oblivious to it; or surprised by it.

dmra

Post by dmra »

[/quote]

To repeat myself once again: Abby is a normal girl like every other girl her age.

[/quote]

Just because you repeat something doesn't make it true. Children develop at different rates so there really is no such thing as a "normal" girl at age 12. Most girls for example start puberty around the age of 11 but some start it much earlier. Which of them are "normal" and which not?

And at the risk of repeating myself the real issue is whether or not Abby is able to give informed consent. Throughout the comic she's shown precious little signs of any kind of emotional maturity. Even for a 12 year old she's a very young 12 year old. So we have no reason to believe that she is any way ready to engage in sexual activity. So while she may look like an adult she really is a child.

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

Fluffy wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:46 am
She found a naked man in her bed, sure - and instead of taking the opportunity to peek at his goods/feel him up/take pics, etc, she quickly hid on the side of the bed while quietly asking if it were all a prank (after grabbing a vial of his blood, Abby lost all interest in the sexy man laying in her bed).

Yeah - that sounds like something a pre-teen with an overactive sex drive would do. 8-|

Now, how about you show me an example of Abby being interested in having sex/partaking in masturbation - since you're trying so hard to convince everyone that all teenage girls Abby's age do that. If it's true, there must be a scene in the comic showing it.

Burden of proof now falls on your shoulders. Good luck! :)
Wakes up in the middle of night, finds a naked stranger man on her bed and instead of SCREAMING IN TERROR as even the most stronghearted adult woman would do (and I know *I* would) she's all 'Wow! a studmuffin for me! Score!!'

Then she's like 'Oops, stranger danger, forgot myself for a moment there!'

And then 'Oh wrong, no stranger, it's just the guy who fucks my big sister! he sneaked into my bed in the dark of the night, it's all ok!'

And *this* is your proof that she has a sex-negative mindset? You serious, girlfriend!? I call it proof that she needs to be trained to be more wary of things like assault and rape. Someone hafta teach her that not every fuck is a good fuck. That's all the proof I can find in here. And why the smileys, I don't know. Wtf is so funny? What, you think it's cute that Abby is so clueless she can't even figure out the real danger of a sexual aggression?
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Vitocap wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:35 am
[

No, you're clearly the one doing that. They've all posted evidence to show how immature Abby is with such matters, but you continue to cover your ears and go "la la la".

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Rosa wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:25 am
And then 'Oh wrong, no stranger, it's just the guy who fucks my big sister! he sneaked into my bed in the dark of the night, it's all ok!'
First: I doubt Abby ever thinks in terms of using the "f-word" because she isn't vulgar.

Second: She doesn't know what Al and her brother have been up to, because Teddy's made it a point to hide it from her. Otherwise, she would've known why Teddy was walking funny after his latest tryst, except Abby was clueless.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Rosa wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:25 am
And *this* is your proof that she has a sex-negative mindset? You serious, girlfriend!? I call it proof that she needs to be trained to be more wary of things like assault and rape. Someone hafta teach her that not every fuck is a good fuck. That's all the proof I can find in here. And why the smileys, I don't know. Wtf is so funny? What, you think it's cute that Abby is so clueless she can't even figure out the real danger of a sexual aggression?
Naaah, it's not like that. She's just grasping at straws, she has no idea what she's saying anymore. The poor dear never realized that, if she makes an outrageous claim and expects everyone else to buy it, it's her very own responsibility to provide arguments and evidence to support her assertion -- and not the other way around. The paradigm shift shocked and rocked her mind, and, we~ell... I'm afraid I short-circuited her. :p We'll need to give her some time to boot up again.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

On a different note...
I daresay Slash-Stab was telling the truth about one thing. With Teddi not sleeping around, Chloe will be deprived of her energy boosters, and her instincts will resurface. She and Teddi will be together again soon, because Chloe is coming to disembowel her - even if she does not want to.
And the Teddy-to-Teddi transformation may start to wear off. Slash-Stab could be aware - or it might even be the payment for Abigail's contract.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:34 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:56 am
The update didn't have Teddi, which is good, but it was still lazy smut... So, cut the difference and call it neutral?
Lazy smut that includes a child talking to a woman, who is in the middle of having sex while chatting.

Oh, but the child looks like an adult and isn't in the same room and is none the wiser - so it's okay.

So sexay!! :ymsick:
Truthfully, Abby's obliviousness made it a less severe issue than otherwise, though, yes, it adds to the cringe.

*Edit* I apologise if I'm being overly defensive - I never said the smut was sexy in any way, but the tone of your reply seemed to indicate that I was okay with it. I dislike it, yet Teddi has built up a far more numerous amount of ill will than a literal hell beast. Slash-Stab was somewhat amusing originally, but it seems as though they warped her sadistic persona with a discount Pandora (and a discount Pandora... well, that is cheap indeed)