Dangerously Chloe 15-03-18 Confide in Me

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

dmra

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-03-18 Confide in Me

Post by dmra »

This is the writing team that gave us the whole "you had sex with your mother" Pandora "pranking" Teddi arc. After which Teddi seems to have completely forgotten the whole saga and has acted like nothing happened.

Somehow I don't rate the chances of them exploring Abby's situation in an interesting and worthwhile way very highly.

And that's without considering the limitations of the comics form with one page being posted twice a week that the authors seem to think needs to end in some kind of joke every time.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

A better real world example would be a mentally disabled adult with a mind of a child. There's actually a case where some guy (who was in his 30s?) got into hot water after trying to get a nineteen year old (with the mental capacity of a ten year old) pregnant.

Physically, she's a legal adult - mentally, she's a child. Was he is the right to have sex with her; even though she was mentally incapable of giving informed consent?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Rosa wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:55 pm
Error of Logic wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:45 pm
Slight difference; Layla and Tiff went out as friends, there wasn't anything romantic going on between them that I saw.
But you have to admit the pairing was incredibly popular among the fans... and that only abated when Faith/Tiff became even more popular... :YMDAYDREAM:
In all fairness, the ship kept sailing even after Faith's appearance. :p There were even fancomics made to celebrate it:

I must say, I rather like the slightly villainous Faith here. :ymblushing:
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:48 pm
A better real world example would be a mentally disabled adult with a mind of a child. There's actually a case where some guy (who was in his 30s?) got into hot water after trying to get a nineteen year old (with the mental capacity of a ten year old) pregnant.

Physically, she's a legal adult - mentally, she's a child. Was he is the right to have sex with her; even though she was mentally incapable of giving informed consent?
Mmmmm, not quite apples to apples. A mentally disabled person would generally be “locked into” a certain age permanently. In my hypothetical, the person will resume aging in their head the moment they wake up. Difference being, the disabled person can never responsibly consent to anything, whereas coma girl will eventually reach some kind of “age of reason”.

And so it is with Abby, by the way. I’m sure the comic will put her back to normal at some point, but let’s say for sake of argument that never happens. Eventually she would have to be trusted to make adult decisions. When? And who decides she’s ready?
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

Cortez wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:55 am
Rosa wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:06 am
We pretend that she's 12 years old.
No, she's quite definitely 12 years old, so it's still rather messed up that you're going on about how sexy she is.
Yeaaah... you can't tell fantasy from reality for shit. Gotcha, man. Sad.
Cortez wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:55 am
And even if you go by the meta sense, this comic and Abby are more than a few hours old. You're also ignoring that she was introduced as a 12 year, so it doesn't matter how you spin it.
That drawing you hate so much was uploaded a few hours ago. It's at that time that it came to be in your screen. It didn't exist before. So, neener-neener. B-)
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

The update is only a few hours old? How is that even relevant to the argument?

Fictional or not, it's a depiction of an established child - aged up and hyper-sexualized. How on Earth can anyone find that sexy and not expect people to look at them funny for not agreeing with them?

dmra

Post by dmra »

By the "when she was drawn" logic Abby, who first appeared in the comic in November 2012, is roughly 5 1/2 years old. Which is even more creepy than her being 12 in an adults body.

Also by that logic Bart Simpson is in his 30s.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

dmra wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:31 pm
This is the writing team that gave us the whole "you had sex with your mother" Pandora "pranking" Teddi arc. After which Teddi seems to have completely forgotten the whole saga and has acted like nothing happened.

Somehow I don't rate the chances of them exploring Abby's situation in an interesting and worthwhile way very highly.
This is downright insulting. You went too far.

You have just insulted the authors. Frenzied by your self-righteous sense of entitlement, you have insulted Dave and the whole creative team. This won't do at all.

We might be in need of a spot of moderation here.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

dmra

Post by dmra »

"you have insulted Dave and the whole creative team."

Not quite. I didn't say bad anything about the art. But now that you mention it fish lips that wouldn't look out of place in Spongebob Squarepants and breasts that look bowling balls stuck to a torso can sometimes detract from my enjoyment of the comics.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

I've personally seen worse art; but I've definitely seen better.
Vitocap wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:03 pm
dmra wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:31 pm

This is downright insulting. You went too far.

You have just insulted the authors. Frenzied by your self-righteous sense of entitlement, you have insulted Dave and the whole creative team. This won't do at all.

We might be in need of a spot of moderation here.
Please, tell me you're over exaggerating. You honestly cannot be serious with that statement. /:)

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:08 am
Correction - she was introduced as an eleven year old; she only just recently turned twelve.

Regardless, both the author (through character dialogue) and the artist have confirmed that, despite how she may look, Abby is still a child. To have even a few readers drooling over her new look and encourage sexy times involving her is just creepy. (and no, sorry - the fact Abby is a fictional character doesn't make it any less gross).
If they DIDN'T want us lusting after Abby why would they have given her tits? Clearly they wanted us to get horny over her.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Rosa wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:20 pm

Yeaaah... you can't tell fantasy from reality for shit. Gotcha, man. Sad.
Seems like it's the other way around.
That drawing you hate so much was uploaded a few hours ago. It's at that time that it came to be in your screen. It didn't exist before. So, neener-neener. B-)
You're really coming off as a troll. It also seems like you don't understand how meta commentary works.
dmra wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:50 pm
By the "when she was drawn" logic Abby, who first appeared in the comic in November 2012, is roughly 5 1/2 years old. Which is even more creepy than her being 12 in an adults body.
Exactly. Which is why their attempts at meta commentary fell flat.
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:31 pm

Please, tell me you're over exaggerating. You honestly cannot be serious with that statement. /:)
Hard to say, since they seem to see any criticism as insulting the creators.
Last edited by Cortez on Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:31 pm
I've personally seen worse art; but I've definitely seen better.
It's the inconsistency that gets me. Usually it's fine, sometimes very good but others. Let's just say that the artist has some quirks that I don't really get

Ilsa today is shown with a quite realistic physique but Chloe and now Abby's figures bear no relation to anybody I've ever seen - or at least nobody who hadn't had a really bad boob job. Similarly the lips can sometimes be fine but other times they look like the characters have had at least five filler jabs too many and have then had an allergic reaction.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

For me, it's more the anatomy in many of the panels that annoy me (and I'm not just talking about the gravity defying boobs, either). I've seen some poses that don't make any sense - like the third panel here. Chloe is facing directly to the left of the panel; but her right arm is resting on her chest. Given her position, her right arm should not be visible. The first panel here also bugs the sh*t out of me - considering what's happening (Chloe sniping away the useless straps), Abby should not have her butt sticking out like that (sharp utensils that close to your body? You're gonna stand straight and still to make sure you don't get knicked). Also, the way the action is drawn, it looks like Chloe is doing something to her own clothes while Abby poses in front of the mirror.

I also have an issue with opened mouths with no teeth of tongue visible - just a black space where they should be. That's incredibly lazy.

There are other examples I could use - but I'd be here all day listing them all.
BioYuGi wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:43 pm
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:08 am
Correction - she was introduced as an eleven year old; she only just recently turned twelve.

Regardless, both the author (through character dialogue) and the artist have confirmed that, despite how she may look, Abby is still a child. To have even a few readers drooling over her new look and encourage sexy times involving her is just creepy. (and no, sorry - the fact Abby is a fictional character doesn't make it any less gross).
If they DIDN'T want us lusting after Abby why would they have given her tits? Clearly they wanted us to get horny over her.
They also reminded the readers that Abby is twelve.

The author/artist can't make people lust after a child - no matter how they make her look. If you're lusting after an aged up twelve year old; that's on you, not them.
Last edited by Fluffy on Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

If they make an intentionally sexualized character, that's on them.