Dangerously Chloe 12-03-18 Chapter 21 Growing Pains

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Error of Logic

Re: Dangerously Chloe 12-03-18 Chapter 21 Growing Pains

Post by Error of Logic »

Lack of experience is an important part of her stupid behaviour.
And by the time she realises just how bad Tartarus U. is, it'd be too late.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

That's assuming Abby would be able to tell the difference.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

She'd be going to class with teen succubi, and receiving the attention of Slash-Stab in teacher mode.
Her skull would need to be ten times as thick not to realize how much trouble she was in as soon as her classmates started establishing dominance or Slash-Stab punished her for doing something wrong.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

There may be hope for Abby. All she needs is proper guidance and time to mature.

I found Nina infuriating during the first three volumes of EC. But my opinion of her started to change during Vol.3, thanks to Nina undergoing an age up, along with much needed character development. She also had the benefit of having Layla for an older sibling, plus both her parents, and Brooke, all of whom seem fairly responsible. By Vol.4, I had actually grown to like her.

That isn't to say Layla is perfect, but she always had Nina's best interests at heart. If Abby had someone like her, or Brooke, looking after her to explain why signing up for Tartarus U is a bad idea, they might've been able to talk her out of it.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

*takes a gander at Abby's current options to steer her on the right path*

Considering the only one that stood a remote chance at accomplishing that has been forcibly evicted from the household...yeah...color me pessimistic.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Layla and Nina also had parents who, despite keeping a secret of a nigh-apocalyptic magnitude, did love and care for their offspring. I'm just saying, even with the secret, the Delacroix Household was much more stable than the DeCarlo family.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Error of Logic: That too and agreed.
Fluffy wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:44 pm
*takes a gander at Abby's current options to steer her on the right path*

Considering the only one that stood a remote chance at accomplishing that has been forcibly evicted from the household...yeah...color me pessimistic.
Well, I did say "if". :P

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Now that Teddi's had a reality check, her fitness as a guardian might resurface.
It might.

DarkAsh

Post by DarkAsh »

Error of Logic wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:18 pm
Now that Teddi's had a reality check, her fitness as a guardian might resurface.
It might.
That was my take from this strip. Teddi realizes her absence from Abbey's life is what led them to their current situation and she needs to be a better role model. I'm hoping to see a lot of Teddi and Abbey bonding time in this coming chapter. Just please don't have Chloe be MIA for the whole chapter.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

And no more cheap boob gags (and Pandora) getting in the way.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Error of Logic wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:30 am
Well, no more of Pandora's stupid pranks, anyway - because, seeing as she went to Heaven to specifically grab a vial of angel blood for Teddy, she'll be making a reappearance soon enough.

I'm expecting Pandora tearing Teddy a new one for evicting her bestie - or, at the very least, not giving Chloe a chance to explain herself - before Teddy starts showing some character growth by accepting that he's personally at fault for everything that has happened so far.

DarkAsh

Post by DarkAsh »

Error of Logic wrote:
No more cheap boob gags is asking for the impossible from David. It’s his bread and butter. Personally I don’t mind them, but I wish they or any other joke wouldn’t be used in a serious moment like this page.

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

Gotoh wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:35 pm
I wouldn't take that for granted, considering EC and MC ended with multiple plot threads left unresolved. Such as:
  • 1. We never learned the cause of Qunitessa's death, or why her spirit was split between Layla and Nina prior to her reincarnation being completed.
  • 2. We never found out whether Blair was telling the truth about being part of a group that was allegedly monitoring the Delacroix children (because the alleged "group" was a no-show, once Quintessa returned).
  • 3. Quintessa told Ace that they shared a past together, along with Brooke, suggesting Ace and Brooke had past lives as well. But we never learned whether Quintessa was telling the truth, or if she was deceiving Ace to sway him to to her side.
  • 4. Then there's the question of why the CH principal was using the Hellrunes to spy on Artemis, despite saying she had a colleague among their faculty.
  • 5. Why did the wand choose Mel (of all people) as its next wielder, rather than someone who actually had heroic inclinations, like Tiff for example?
There's a few others, but you get the idea. EC/MC has/had a lot of interesting plot threads and still has plenty of ground to cover when/if it ever resumes. But, as it stands, we were left with a lot of unanswered questions.
I understand what you mean. I've just finished reading EC and MC and I too felt that there were loose ends, things that had not been tied up properly.

Example: at the beginning, the main characters of EC were Nina and her friends Chloe and Brooke. The story was all about them; heck, even the EC front page image showed Chloe and Brooke rubbing cheeks: http://www.pixietrixcomix.com/images/bb2_ec.png
However, the main role was progressively transferred to an increasingly Mary-Sued Layla, with Nina as her comic relief, and as for Chloe and Brooke one was dispatched to the new comic DC and the other (a complex character with tons of sexual issues) was pretty much forgotten. #-o
It's likely that the recent importance of Lynn/Annie in Ma3 has something to do with this. I think the authors realize that the poor girl was shafted in EC, and are compensating her by giving her a role in Ma3 as the kind of person she would have become given enough time in EC.

Another example: at the end of MC, most of the romantic subplots are left totally unresolved. Post-nerfing no-longer-prez Faith and Tiff never had a honest talk about their real feelings. Cerise and Callie never got the chance to sit down at a cozy café to figure out, now that popularity games and possession by dark powers are no longer issues, how much of their relationship was genuine and whether it's worth another try. Jacquie never explained how she was going to deal with the delicate situation of a certain Mr. Delatorre who was passionately in love with one April Nightdiamond. :(

By the way and having finally read all six comics in the the two 'verses, I too can now make a list of my favorite characters!
  • EC: Brooke, Nina
  • MC: Cerise, Jacquie
  • DC: Kimmy, Prudy
  • Ma3: Sonya, Peggy
  • SOTR: Aaina, Nadine
  • SDB: Amber, Angel/Angie
Notice how only two are lead characters. I guess I'm all about second bananas? :p
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Rosa wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:11 pm
Example: at the beginning, the main characters of EC were Nina and her friends Chloe and Brooke. The story was all about them
No, it wasn't. It was always about Layla and Nina, which is why they're in the foreground of the cover for Vol.Ø. It's also explicitly stated in the page summary at TV Tropes.
Rosa wrote:
an increasingly Mary-Sued Layla
In what way? :-\

Layla was mature for her age, yes, but she wasn't without her faults and suffered more than a few setbacks and comeuppances.
Rosa wrote:
Brooke (a complex character with tons of sexual issues) was pretty much forgotten. #-o
Huh? Brooke was one of the most fleshed out characters in EC, she had just as much focus and character development as Ace. Entire chapters worth.
Rosa wrote:
Another example: at the end of MC, most of the romantic subplots are left totally unresolved. Post-nerfing no-longer-prez Faith and Tiff never had a honest talk about their real feelings.
Eh... my only real issue with that was whether Mel was a worthy successor to Faith, because Mel hadnt shown any leadership skill up to that point. It's what had many of us wondering why Hecate even chose her to lead the Hellrune Coven, because she never gave a reason.
Rosa wrote:
  • EC: Brooke, Nina
  • MC: Cerise, Jacquie
  • DC: Kimmy, Prudy
  • Ma3: Sonya, Peggy
  • SOTR: Aaina, Nadine
  • SDB: Amber, Angel/Angie
Mine'd be:
  • EC: Layla, Ace, Brooke, Tia
  • MC: Faith, Callista, Ash, Gabrielle
I'm not a fan of Má3, but from what I remember of it, Yuki, Killey, and Ally were the only three I liked. I was 'meh' toward the rest.

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

Error of Logic wrote:
What do you have against boobs (and Pandora)?
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif